Every year AIMA conducts the Management Aptitude Test commonly known and abbreviated as MAT. The test is conducted every 3 months i.e. 4 times in a year. Numerous management institutes participate in the test and invite applications from aspirants seeking quality management education. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their composite scores and then called for the next phase of the selection process i.e. Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. The second round of the selection process may or may not be accompanied with an Essay Writing or Written Ability Test (WAT).
MAT 2015 Last Minute Tips
The candidates seeking to take the MAT exam must be feeling nervous as the D-day has finally approached with the exam scheduled for tomorrow i.e. 7th Feb. So here I want to share some tips with MAT aspirants to appear in exam with the much needed confidence.
1. Revise Properly
As today is the last day of preparation for exam, the aspirants should revise everything what they have read while preparing for exam.
Memorize all your short tricks, concepts, logics and formulae. Actually don’t just read it! You should feed all these short methods in your memory by using your most suitable learning technique.
2. Get Adequate Tests
Now this time is not for preparation, it’s a peak time to revise and to refine your knowledge regarding exam. So for revision and self-analysis purpose nothing else can be better than taking adequate tests a night before exam.
3. Don’t Take Stress
Generally, students get very nervous a day before exam and they struggle with their self-confidence level. So instead of getting stressed or tensed, keep yourself calm and study well with a methodical approach.
4. Keep your ‘Tool Box’ ready for the Exam
Don’t forget to furnish your tool box with all the necessary things you should carry to exam hall like- Admit Card, pen, pencil, and valid photo ID card and exam venue details etc.
5. Time Management
Time management is the vital thing to approach for any exam systematically. You should well schedule your D-Day activities to be on time in exam hall.
Time management is also important while giving exam as to complete MAT exam students have to solve 200 questions within 150 minutes. So student should attempt questions by keeping his/her time limit in mind.
6. Prioritize Questions/Sections to Attempt
As MAT exam consist of 200 questions, which should be solved in 150 minutes so prioritize your sections which you can attempt at first or at last. Don’t waste your time by sticking on questions for which you are facing problems in solving. It is recommended to solve the section in which you are well confident than other sections, like attempting English and Quantitative Aptitude section first and General Knowledge section at the last.
Some more Useful Tips for MAT, Feb 2015
1. The day before exam, take a sound sleep for at least 8 to 9 hours.
2. On the day of exam, eat light but something that keeps your stomach full.
3. Prefer fruits accompanied with a glass of milk, or juice, or oats and milk is preferable the better choice out of the lot.
4. Make sure you have kept your Admit card and valid photo ID cards handy.
5. Its’ always preferable to reach the examination venue 1 hour prior, so that you can easily locate your sitting options, so you can feel comfortable before taking the exam.
6. Analyze your potentialities and collect them to face the challenge, as it’s a tough task to manage your time with attempting 200 questions in 150 minutes, around 1.33 minute a question.
To sum up, its’ wise to gather all your knowledge and appear for the exam with self-confidence and iron determination. These exams are designed to access how well we manage our time and bring the best of our knowledge to solve a particular problem.
Attempt your exam well. Good Luck!!!