Ques. Which state won National Award for excellence in MGNREGA?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh won the 10th National Award for excellent work in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 (MGNREGA)
Ques. Who received “National Award” for Madhya Pradesh?
Ans. The award was given to Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Gopal Bhargava of Madhya Pradesh by the Union Rural Development Minister Virendra Singh at the MGNREGA summit held at New Delhi.
Some more facts about the News-
1. Madhya Pradesh is leading in the construction of permanent assests through MGNREGA convergence in the country. The construction of 74% permanent assests has been done through MGNREGA in the state.
2. As many as 179 crore 11 lakh man days of employment has been created. Out of these, 77 crore 36 lakh man days of employment have been provided to female labourers.
1. The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005 was later renamed as the “Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act” (or, MGNREGA), is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’.
2. It aims to ensure livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
3. Starting from 200 districts on February 2, 2006, the MGNREGA covered all the districts of India from 1 April 2008