Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Monthly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Union Government has launched a portal to provide a platform for farmers to sell agricultural produce- e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) portal
2. The Supreme Court has imposed ban on use of five harmful heavy metals like lithium, antimony, mercury, arsenic and lead in the manufacturing of firecracker as they cause air pollution.
3. Maharashtra Government has launched two online portals to streamline the process of direct benefit transfer (DBT) – MahaDBT and MahaVASTU
4. The Union Government is going to launch AGRI-UDAAN Food and Agribusiness Accelerator 2.0 programme.
The aim is to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture.
5. The Indian Railways signed its first EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) contract with Larsen and Turbo (L&T) for electrification of railways.
The contract valuing Rs 1,050 crore was awarded by CORE and Konkan Railways.
6. The Union Finance Ministry has launched second Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF), named Bharat 22.
It will help to speed up Government’s disinvestment program budgeted to raise a record Rs 72,500 crore in the FY 2018.
7. The MeitY has appointed an expert panel committee to study various issues relating to data protection in the country and will suggest a draft data protection Bill.
The committee is headed by former Supreme Court Judge Justice B N Srikrishna.
8. The government has made Aadhaar number mandatory for the registration of death from 1st October, to “prevent identity fraud”.
9. Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2017 report was launched in New Delhi by Narendra Singh Tomar.
It was launched to take stock of progress made by Swachh Bharat Mission in Rural India.
10. NITI Aayog has announced partnership with six states to transfer their Health and Education sectors under its SATH initiative.
[glyphicon type=”play”] Uttar Pradesh, Assam, Karnataka were selected for transforming the health sector.
Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha were selected for transforming Education sector.
11. The Uttar Pradesh Government launched an awareness drives on the banks of Ganga River to maintain cleanliness- Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra
12. National Mission for Clean Ganga has approved ten projects in Bihar, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh.
These projects were approved in the 5th meeting of the Executive Committee of National Mission for Clean Ganga.
13. Odisha government and Facebook has launched ‘SheMeansBusiness’ programme to train women entrepreneurs in the state.
14. 8th meeting of Regional Technical Group on Trade, Commerce and Investment CBM of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process held in New Delhi
15. Congress Leader Ahmed Patel has won the Gujarat Rajya Sabha Elections 2017.
16. Kerala and Haryana topped the Sanitation Survey.
According to survey, all rural households in these two states access to a toilet.
17. The Union Ministry of Rural Development will launch Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY).
18. Telangana government has launched Smart Streets Lab
It is an effort to apply and figure out technology based solutions for women and road safety in Hyderabad.
19. The government has launched Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali Campaign.
The aim is to reduce adverse environmental conditions especially pollution in the country after Diwali.
20. NHAI has launched two mobile Apps – MyFASTag and FASTag Partner in New Delhi, to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) project.
21. Navika Sagar Parikrama: A six-member all-woman team of the Indian Navy will set to sail to circumnavigate the globe on the sailing vessel INSV Tarini.
This is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-woman crew.
22. The Central government is prepared to consider an exemption for one year from the NEET system for students of government colleges in Tamil Nadu if the state brings forward an ordinance.
23. Home Minister has launched live twitter wall on ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ on the eve of 71st Independence Day of India,
24. PM has launched a website http://gallantryawards.gov.in/ to honour gallantry award winners.
25. Maharashtra CM has launched Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra, a farmers’ market on wheels,
It aims at delivering farm-fresh organic produce at reasonable prices.
26. Indian Government has asked Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Microsoft and Yahoo – to immediately remove the links of dangerous online game Blue Whale Challenge, which has led to the suicide of children in India and other countries.
27. In the pursuit to achieve a New India by 2022, Government has organized Swachh Sankalp se Swachh Siddhi Competition.
The core objective is to generate mass involvement in Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and related issues.
28. The Make in India Seminar was held in New Delhi.
29. The “Champions of Change” Initiative was organized by NITI Aayog at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra.
30. HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar has launched ‘Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat’
It is an initiative of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan to prepare a physical Health and Fitness profile card for more than 12 lakhs of Kendriya Vidyalaya students.
31. Indian Navy has commissioned its second ship of Landing Craft Utility MK-IV, Navy at Port Blair.
32. Home Minister has launched Digital Police Portal under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS) project which will enable citizens to register FIRs online.
33. NITI Aayog has launched Mentor India Campaign- A strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders for guiding and mentoring students at Atal Tinkering Labs.
34. 17th Meeting of FSDC Held in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of the Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley. Government has finalized New Cadre Policy of IAS, IPS, IFOS which is aimed at ensuring national integration in the country’s top bureaucracy.
35. The Supreme Court has declared Right to Privacy as Fundamental Right which was held by J.S Khehar.
36. Andhra Pradesh becomes the first to implement Bharat QR Digital Payments.
Bharat QR is a secure, network-agnostic interface that enables customers to use their smartphones to make payments.
37. The Ministry of External Affairs has inaugurated first Videsh Bhawan in Mumbai.
The Ministry has decided to integrate all its offices in Maharashtra into a single building – the “Videsh Bhavan” – for effective management.
38. The Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs is going to establish National Sports Museum at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
The aim of the sports museum is to popularize the sports as a way of life within the country.
39. Unique Identification Authority of India has Launched Door Step Aadhar Enrolment for the elderly, patients and others who cannot travel the Aadhar centers.
40. The Prime Minister interacted with Young Entrepreneurs at the “Champions of Change” Initiative organized by NITI Aayog.
41. The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the YUVA.
It is a skill development program and an initiative by Delhi Police under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
42. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 11 National Highway projects in Rajasthan, covering a total length of about 873 km.
The projects include a 6-lane cable stayed bridge across river Chambal at Kota
4-laning of Gomati Chauraha-Udaipur section of NH-8, and Rajsamand-Bhilwara section of NH-758.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. Qatar has become the first Arab state to offer permanent residency available to some non-citizens.
2. China has opened its first overseas military base in Djibouti, which is situated on the northwestern edge of Indian Ocean.
3. 7th Meeting of BRICS Trade Ministers was held in Shanghai, China.
4. Delhi will become 50% larger in its economy size in 2021 compared to what it was at the end of the year 2016.
According to a new study from Oxford Economics, which has ranked Asia’s 30 largest cities, Indian cities will grow the most in Asia.
5. 15th BIMSTEC Ministers meeting was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
India was represented by External Affairs ministers Sushma Swaraj.
6. Facebook has launched a redesigned video platform ‘Watch’ for creators and publishers of videos.
It was launched in competition to Google-owned YouTube.
7. India-ASEAN Youth Summit was held in Bhopal from 14th August 2017.
8. India, US established Two-By-Two Ministerial Dialogue to enhance strategic coordination between them and maintaining peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
9. China has launched first cyber court in e-commerce hub of Hangzhou.
The cyber court will handle cases such as online trade disputes and copyright lawsuits. These cases handled by the court will be tried online.
10. Italy will Host G-7 Interior Ministers’ Summit on security issues.
11. India signs Global Environment Facility (GEF) Grant Agreement Global Environment Facility (GEF) to improve forest quality, sustainable land management and benefits from Non-Timber Forest Produce for forest dependent communities in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
12. The first regional centre of New Development Bank has opened in South Africa.
It was set up by India and other BRICS nations.
13. The Festival of India was being organized in Cote D’ivoire, Liberia and Guinea.
The Festival will highlight diverse Indian culture, i.e. classical and folk dances.
14. The International Military Music Festival was held in Moscow.
Every year about 1500 musicians, military men, and other artists from around 40 countries perform at the “Spasskaya Tower”.
15. Google has brought its public Wi-Fi programme ‘Google Station’ to Indonesia that will help in improving access to the Internet at railway stations and other locations.
16. US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order imposing “strong, new financial sanctions” on Venezuela.
17. Minister of External Affairs (MEA) Sushma Swaraj will participate in the two-day Indian Ocean Conference (IOC) scheduled to be held at Colombo from 31st August.
18. Kenya has imposed world’s toughest laws to reduce plastic pollution.
People selling or using plastic bags at risk of up to 4 years in prison & fines of up to 4m Kenyan shillings ($38,000).
19. Youtube has changed its logo for the first time since it was launched 12 years ago.
Google-owned Youtube and they have refreshed its logo
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Airtel Payments Bank has announced a strategic partnership HPCL.
The aim is to give further boost to digital payments in the country and to add customer convenience.
2. SBI and Samsung India collaborated to advance Digital India initiative.
They announced the availability of Samsung Pay for higher variants of SBI debit card to advance Digital India.
3. Microsoft ties up with the Telangana to use its artificial intelligence-based MINE platform to screen children for eye problems and prevent avoidable blindness.
4. NCLT has approved the proposed merger between Bharti Airtel and Telenor
5. Patanjali has collaborated with Google and Facebook to increase its digital presence for better online marketing.
6. IDFC Bank has partnered with Digital payment company Zeta to launch ‘IDFC Bank Benefits’.
It is a payment solution for corporates that digitizes employee spends and claims, making the process simple, real-time and paperless.
7. Reliance Communications merged with Aircel got National Company Law Tribunal.
8. Qatar Airways has entered into Interline Partnership with full-service domestic airline Vistara.
9. TRAI has signed a deal with Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission to jointly conduct capacity building exercises in the fields of broadcasting and telecommunications regulation.
10. Karnataka has tied up with Microsoft to Develop India’s First Farm Price Forecasting Model.
11. Airtel announced a partnership with Symantec Corp to provide cyber security solutions to businesses in India.
12. Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with Axis Bank.
The merger is aimed to offer term loans ranging from Rs.5 lakh to Rs.50 lakh for tenures up to five years.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. BSF has signed an MoU with NSDC.
The MoU will enable NSDC to provide skill training to retired and retiring BSF personnel, as well as to the population residing in the border areas.
2. The Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and Spain on India-Spain Cooperation in renewable energy.
It aims at strengthening bilateral cooperation between both the countries.
3. Union Cabinet has approved MoU between India and BRICS countries for establishment of BRICS Agriculture Research Platform (BRICS-ARP).
4. ISRO and CSIR-NPL have signed MoU to make indigenous regional positioning system NavIC independent from the US clock system.
5. Amazon India has signed a MoU with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles.
The aim is to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country.
6. SEBI and SEO of Iran have entered into a bilateral MoU for mutual cooperation and technical assistance.
7. GeM and CII have signed MoU to establish GeMSamvad.
It aims to create awareness about the online purchase of goods and services by government agencies.
8. Nepal and China have signed three pacts to boost energy & economic ties.
9. The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Sweden on cooperation in the field of Intellectual Property (IPRs).
It was launched to take stock of progress made by Swachh Bharat Mission in Rural India.
10. 8 MoUs were signed between India and Nepal.
The MoUs signed will largely provide aid to Nepal for the recovery from its disastrous earthquakes.
11. The Union Cabinet has approved an MoU between India and Nepal for starting construction of a new Bridge over Mechi River at India Nepal border.
The new bridge will be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs. 158.65 crore.
12. India and Germany signed an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Program – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC).
13. Drug pricing regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) have signed MoU with National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
The aim is to increase athlete’s awareness about drugs.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. RBI announced Third Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement for current fiscal 2017-18 on 2nd August 2017.
Repo Rate – 6.00%.
Reverse Repo Rate – 5.75%.
Marginal Standing Facility Rate.
Bank Rate – 6.25%.
Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) – 4.00%.
Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) – 20.00%.
2. Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched Kotak Remit, an Aadhaar-based integrated outward forex remittance solution for both customers and non-customers.
3. SEBI has launched online registration mechanism for custodians of securities to make it convenient for them to do business.
The new system will help custodian of securities to complete registration and other regulatory filings with SEBI in a cost-effective manner.
4. ICICI Bank, country’s largest private sector bank, has launched instant credit cards.
It enables its savings account to get credit cards instantly, in a completely digital and paperless manner.
5. Canara bank has introduced two new digital services for online payments- Bharat QR (Quick Response) and Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
6. BitBay has launched a dedicated platform for trade and exchange of digital currencies such as bitcoin, litecoin, ether, Lisk, monero, dash and gamecredits.
7. PNB customers will have to pay charges for depositing cash above Rs 5,000 in a non-base branch even if it is located in the same city.
Currently, the customers of PNB are levied charges only for depositing cash over Rs 25,000 at a non-base branch within the same city.
8. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue new banknotes of the 50 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series.
The base colour of the new notes will be fluorescent blue.
9. RBI makes Aadhaar Linkage Mandatory for farmers.
BSNL has launched Digital Wallet in partnership with MobiKwik
to make Bill payment on E-commerce portal.
11. ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has launched a new website ‘com’
12. NABARD sanctions Rs. 1,350-cr loan to Rajasthan Government- for creation of rural infrastructure in the state under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF).
13. FDI jumps 37% to 10.4 Billion USD during April-June 2017.
India had received USD 7.59 billion FDI during April-June 2016-17.
The main sectors which attracted the highest foreign inflows include services, telecom, trading, computer hardware and software and automobile
14. RBI to issue Rs. 200 notes which are likely to be in circulation shortly.
15. The Government’s new Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy suggests that foreign airlines may not be allowed to buy a stake in the national carrier Air India.
16. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) estimated that people had returned almost 99 per cent of the scrapped Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes after demonetization.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. Parliament has passed the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Bill amends the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 by extending the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualification for appointment.
2. Lok Sabha has passed Central Goods and Service Tax Bill 2017 and Integrated Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017.
The first bill provides for the extension of the CGST Act, 2017 to J&K and the other also provides for the extension of IGST Act 2017 to J&K.
3. Lok Sabha has passed NABARD (Amendment) Bill 2017 by voice vote.
The bill seeks to amend NABARD Act, 1981.
4. Lok Sabha has passed Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 by voice vote.
It will replace the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017.
5. Parliament has passed Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) (Amendment) Bill 2017.
The Bill amends IIT Act 2014.
6. Lok Sabha has passed Constitution 123rd Amendment Bill 2017 and National Commission for Backward Classes (Repeal) Bill 2017.
7. Lok Sabha has passed State banks (Reveal and Amendment) Bill 2017.
The bill seeks to repeal the two acts namely State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959, and State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Indian Army has developed a mobile application through which serving soldiers can track details like posting and promotions- Humraaz App
2. Israel has launched its first environmental research satellite named Venus (Vegetation and Environment Monitoring New Micro Satellite).
3. ISRO and NASA are jointly working on NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) Mission.
The aim is to co-develop and launch a dual frequency synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellite by 2021.
4. India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) plant was inaugurated near Hyderabad, Telangana.
5. NSDC and Google India have launched Android Skill Development programme to improve mobile developer ecosystem in the country.
6. Indian Coast Guard Ship Shaurya was commissioned in Vasco, Goa.
7. ISRO is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite —Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite.
8. Union Government has rolled out the second phase of its measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in the country to eliminate measles and curb instances of rubella by 2020.
9. India’s first online course on Infusion Therapy launched by INS (Infusion Nurses Society).
It aims to train over 3000 nurses in the vital medical procedure.
10. India and Russia for first time conducted tri-services exercise -Indra.
11. NASA successfully launches Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M.
TDRS-M is third and final satellite in a series of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS), next generation communications satellites.
12. A first plant-based vaccine against Zika virus was developed using proteins derived from Tobacco plant.
13. Japan has launched New Satellite to improve country’s GPS- H- II A Rocket.
14. Android Oreo Released by Google, which is named after Oreo chocolate biscuits.
15. Microsoft has unveiled ‘Project Brainwave’ for Real-Time AI for deep learning acceleration platform for real-time artificial intelligence (AI).
16. Taiwan has launched First Homegrown Satellite- Formosat-5, the first homegrown observation satellite, from an air base in the US.
17. The Indian Coast Guard Ship ‘Varuna’ was decommissioned.
ICGS Varuna was fourth of its series, known as Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) and built by Mazagaon Dock, Mumbai.
18. Defence Minister Arun Jaitley handed over the Long-Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) jointly developed by India and Israel, to the Indian Navy, at Bharat Dynamics Ltd (BDL).
19. Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati have successfully created an implantable bioartificial pancreas model grown within 3D silk scaffold.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Lagos International Challenge Men’s Singles Winner||Rahul Yadav|
|2.||Lagos International Challenge Men’s Doubles Winner||Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy|
|3.||Jordan Junior and Cadet Open Table tennis tournament Winner||India|
|4.||Hungarian Grand Prix Winner||Sebastian Vettel|
|5.||Host of 2028 Summer Olympics||Los Angeles|
|6.||Most Expensive Football player||Neymar|
|7.||World Doubles Squash Championship Winner||Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik|
|8.||WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title winner||Vijender Singh|
|9.||Asian Shotgun Shooting Championship Bronze Medalist (Men’s Category)||Kynan Chenai and Shreyasi Singh|
|10.||Asian Shotgun Shooting Championship Bronze Medalist (Women’s Category)||Maheshwari Chauhan|
|11.||World Athletics Championship Men’s 400 metres title||Wayde Van Niekerk|
|12.||FIFA Ranking 2017||India ranked at 97th position|
|13.||2017 UEFA Super Cup Football Tournament Winner||Real Madrid|
|14.||First Indian to Qualify for Javelin Throw Finals||Davinder Singh Kang|
|15.||Asian Shotgun Championship Gold Medalist||Mairaj and Rashmmi|
|16.||World Athletics Championships Winner||Usain Bolt|
|17.||India v/s Sri Lanka Test Series 2017 winner||India|
|18.||Host Country of ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup 2018||New Zealand|
|19.||Spanish Super Cup 2017 winner||Real Madrid|
|20.||Bulgaria Open International Series winner||Lakshya Sen|
|21.||Top ICC ODI Rankings for Batsmen||Virat Kohli|
|22.||Winner of 65th edition of the prestigious Nehru Trophy||Gabriel Chundan|
|23.||The player who was banned by Spanish Football Federation for 5 matches||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|24.||Junior Shotgun World Cup- Bronze Medalist||Shapath Bharadwaj|
|25.||World Badminton Championships Leading players of India||PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal & K Srikant|
|26.||Host country of 58th edition of Subroto International Cup for Football Tournament||India|
|27.||Host country of 2018 Table Tennis Team World Cup||London|
|28.||6th Golden Glove Women’s Boxing Tournament||Indian boxers clinch 10 medals|
|29.||World Badminton Championship 2017 Silver Medalist||P.V Sindhu|
|30.||The First Player to Score 350 La Liga Goals||Lionel Messi|
|31.||Belgian Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|32.||Host Country of Fourth & Final Grand Slam Season- US Open||New York|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S.No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Bharat Gaurav- East Bengal Football Club’s highest award winner||Dhanraj Pillay|
|2.||Most Highly Paid Author by Forbes||J K Rowling (Harry Potter Writer)|
|3.||2017 Global Retirement Index||India ranked at 43rd position|
|4.||Asia Society Game Changers Award winner||Dev Patel|
|5.||Topper of ICC Ranking in among All-rounder in Test Cricket||Ravindra Jadeja|
|6.||Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) 2017Best Film Award||Pink|
|7.||Best Actress Award||Konkona Sen Sharma for Lipstick Under my Burkha|
|8.||Best Actor Award||Sushant Singh Rajput for M S Dhoni- The Untold Story|
|9.||Best Actor (Special Mention)||Raj Kumar Rao for Trapped|
|10.||Best Director||Nitesh Tiwari for Dangal|
|11.||Best Indie Film||Lipstick Under My Burkha|
|12.||People’s Choice Award||Dangal & Bahubali 2|
|13.||‘In Search of Dariya Sagar’ The Hindu Playwright Award 2017 Winner||Gerish Khemani and Akshat Nigam|
|14.||EIU Live Ability Index 2017 topper||Melbourne|
|15.||Fortune’s 2017 ’40 Under 40′||5 Indian-origin persons|
|16.||Highest-Paid Female Actor 2017||Emma Stone|
|17.||First Kesari Media Award||Veteran journalist TJS George|
|18.||Youngest person to Reach Mt Stok Kangri in Kashmir||9-year-old Kaamya Karthikeyan|
|19.||Kalpana Chawla Award||Preethi Srinivasan|
|20.||Agriculture Leadership Award||K Chandrashekhar Rao|
|21.||National Sports Awards 2017||Para Olympian Devendra Jhajharia and Hockey player Sardar Singh|
|22.||Arjuna Award||Oinam Bembem Devi (Indian Football Star)|
|23.||Biju Patnaik Award for Scientific Excellence||Naveen Patnaik (Odisha Chief Minister)|
|24.||UEFA Player of the Year||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|25.||Asia’s Richest Man (Alibaba’s)||Jack Ma|
|26.||Miss Trans queen India 2017||Nitasha Biswas|
|27.||Women Transforming India Awards 2017||NITI Aayog|
|28.||International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Medal 2017||H Purushotham|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S.No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||13th Vice President of India||Venkaiah Naidu|
|2.||Executive Director of World Bank||S Aparna|
|3.||Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog||Economist Rajiv Kumar|
|4.||CISCO President of India, SAARC Region||Sameer Garde|
|5.||New Chief of Eastern Command||Lt Gen Abhay Krishna|
|6.||New Secretary General of FICCI||Sanjaya Baru|
|7.||New Iran’s President||Hassan Rouhani|
|8.||InCred Brand Ambassador||Rahul Dravid|
|9.||CMD of SIDBI||Mohammad Mustafa|
|10.||New CEO of Payback||Gautam Kaushik|
|11.||Swachh Bharat Mission Brand Ambassador in UP||Akshay Kumar|
|12.||Re-Elected Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea||Peter O’Neill|
|13.||DSP of Punjab Police||Harmanpreet Kaur (Indian Women Cricketer)|
|14.||Next Ambassador of India to The Republic of Kazakhstan||Prabhat Kumar|
|15.||Chairman of Special Committee if AIFF||Advocate Ushanath Banerjee|
|16.||Air Officer-in-Charge Administration of IAF||Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat|
|17.||45th Chief Justice of India||Justice Dipak Misra|
|18.||New Chairman of CBFC||Prasoon Joshi|
|19.||Re-elected president of Kenya||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|20.||Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of San Marino||Reenat Sandhu|
|21.||CEO of NPCI||Dilip Asbe|
|22.||CEO of Jet Airways India Ltd||Vinay Dube|
|23.||Member of the reconstituted Censor Board||Vidya Balan (Bollywood Actress)|
|24.||WHO Goodwill Ambassador||Athlete Milkha Singh|
|25.||Canada’s consul general in San Francisco||Rana Sarkar, an Indo-Canadian entrepreneur|
|26.||Brand Ambassador of Health and Wellness Startup Cure.fit||Hritik Roshan|
|27.||3 Indians appointed as a member of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)||Neil Chatterjee, Krishna R. Urs, and Vishal Amin|
|28.||Additional charge of RS TV||Shashi Shekhar Vempati|
|29.||IFCI Chief Executive||Sankara Rao|
|30.||Appointed CMD of Hindustan Copper Limited||Santosh Sharma|
|31.||Executive Director, IBBI||Dr. Mamta Suri|
|32.||Karur Vysya Bank Appoints as MD and CEO||P R Seshadri|
|33.||The Person who resigns as MD and CEO of Infosys||Vishal Sikka|
|34.||Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India||Sohail Mahmood|
|35.||General Motors India Appoints as President, MD||Sanjiv Gupta|
|36.||Russia’s New Ambassador to India||Nikolay Kudashev|
|37.||Ambassador of India to the Grand Duchy Luxembourg||Gaitri Issar Kumar|
|38.||EXIM Bank MD||David Rasquinha|
|39.||Earthport appointed new India Head||Sandeep Gupta|
|40.||Goodwill Ambassador for Handicap International||Neymar|
|41.||DG, Railway Protection Force||Dharmendra Kumar|
|42.||New Railway Board Chairman||Ashwani Lohani|
|43.||Chairman of Infosys||Nandan M.Nilekani|
|44.||BSE Board- CEO||Ashish Chauhan|
|45.||First Brand Ambassador of Bridgestone India||PV Sindhu|
|46.||New CEO of Uber||Dara Khosrowshahi|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||Hiroshima Day||6th August|
|2.||National Handloom Day||7th August|
|3.||75th anniversary of Quit India Movement||9th August|
|4.||Nagasaki Day||9th August|
|5.||International Biodiesel Day||10th August|
|6.||International Youth Day||12th August|
|7.||World Humanitarian Day||19th August|
|8.||71st Independence Day||5th August|
|9.||Sadbhavana Diwas||20th August|
|10.||World Honey Bee Day||19th August|
|11.||National Sports Day||29th August|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar- Dhrupad maestro singer|
|2.||Pushpa Bhargava- Eminent Scientist (Biology)|
|3.||Sam Shepard, Actor and Pulitzer-Winning Playwright|
|4.||Robert Hardy from England- Harry Potter Actor|
|5.||Santosh Mohan Dev- Former Union Minister|
|6.||Sanwar Lal Jat- BJP MP from Ajmer & former Union Minister|
|7.||Vijay Nambisan- Veteran Poet and Writer|
|8.||Yisrael Kristal -World’s Oldest Man|
|9.||Ruth Pfau- Pakistan’s ‘Mother Teresa’|
|10.||Sitaram Panchal- Bollywood Actor|
|11.||Vishvjit P Singh- Ex-MP|
|12.||S Paul- Veteran photographer|
|13.||Vijay Nambisan- Veteran Poet and Writer|
|14.||Shobha Sen- Theatre personality|
|15.||Stephen Wooldridge- Australia’s Olympic champion|
|16.||MK Damodaran- Sita Former Advocate General of Kerala|
|17.||P V Narasimha Rao -Media Advisor to Former PM|
|18.||Jerry Lewis- Comedy legend|
|19.||Rishang Keishing- Former Manipur CM|
|20.||Brian Aldiss, British Science Fiction Writer|
|21.||Tony De Brum- ‘Hero’ of Paris Climate Agreement|
|22.||Ramananda Sengupta, India’s Oldest Cinematographer|
|23.||Ahmed Khan – Olympian Footballer|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
The Important Abbreviations used in the Current Affairs of August month are included in the PDF. Download the PDF through the link given below.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images