Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The state which opens GST Call centres to help people- Jharkhand
2. The village adopted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Wrestlers- Kakarahia
3. Foundation Stone for Country’s Biggest Global Skill Park
Total cost of construction- 645 crore rupees.
Training will be imparted to 1000 students every year.
4. Karnataka launched Elevate 100 Scheme to identify and nurture 100 most innovative start -ups in the state.
5. JIGYASA- Student- Scientist Connect Programme - Implemented by CSIR and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
The main focus of the programme is to connect school students and scientists as well as to extend student’s classroom learning to a very well-planned research laboratory based learning.
6. 4 Digital Initiatives to push E-Education launched-HRD Ministry (Head- Prakash Javadekar).
National Academic Depository
National Digital Library
7. Walled city of Ahmedabad declared as India’s World Heritage City by World Heritage Committee of UNESCO.
First Indian city to get the honour.
8. The new taxpayer service module launched by Finance Minister to provide better taxpayer services – Aaykar Setu
9. Karnataka government has constituted a committee to study legalities for the separate state flag.
Members of the committee includes –
Secretaries to the Departments of Personnel and Administrative Services, Home, Law and Parliamentary Affairs
President of Kannada Sahitya Parishat
Chairman of Kannada Development Authority
Vice-chancellor of Kannada University, Hampi
Director of Department of Kannada and Culture
10. Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated 12 low cost dwelling units “Ashiana Annexe” in Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
It is constructed to accommodate officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan during Presidential visits.
11. First State to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll -Rajasthan
12. Indian Railways launched a virtual server that enables faster connectivity at a reduced cost- RailCloud
13. DIPP will establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) at Patent Information Centre, Punjab.
14. India’s first solar powered Diesel Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train launched- Indian Railways.
It is 1600 Horse Power (HP) train with all solar powered coaches.
15. Raipur’s Swami Vivekananda Airport was ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Survey among 49 airports in the country.
It has achieved 4.84 scores on a five- point scale index.
16. A new family planning initiative launched to focus on 146 districts in 7 states with high Total Fertility Rate- Mission Parivar Vikas
17. 3 Best performing states in Ease of doing business- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat
18. The First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Civil Aviation Minister – P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju
19. First state to launch free injectable contraceptive for women – Maharashtra
20. New name for Urban Development & Housing Ministry- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
21. The UIDAI has launched a new mobile application for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phones – mAadhaar
22. The Union Government released the 76- point National Trade Facilitation Action Plan (NTFAP).
It was released by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi.
23. The Union Finance Ministry has launched Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme for senior citizens aged 60 years and above.
Under this scheme, senior citizens will get a guaranteed interest of 8% for 10 years depending upon the investment made by them.
24. A museum in honour of late President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam will be inaugurated on 27th July in Tamil Nadu’s Rameshwaram.
25. The first meeting of the newly formed Integrated Monitoring and Advisory Council (IMAC) was held in New Delhi - chaired by Dharmendra Pradhan.
26. Government has asked recruitment agencies like the UPSC, RRB, SSC to Share Competitive Exam Scores at NCS’s Online Portal.
The initiative is aimed at the government’s effort to boost hiring by the private sector.
27. The Telangana government launched a special portal to receive complaints from the public- Janahitha.
28. Union Ministry will launch a sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) – Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY).
AGEY aims to provide an alternative source of livelihood to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs).
29. The Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC), in association with the West Bengal government, will host Horasis Asia Meeting, a global business meet, in Kolkata in November 2017.
30. Former Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu filed his nomination papers for the Vice President’s election.
31. Union Ministry of Rural Development launched an app for performance oriented maintenance and community contracting for rural roads- Aarambh
32. FSSAI has banned the use of stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018.
FSSAI ban order issued under Section (15) FSS Act, 2006.
33. Union Ministry has launched India Quake application on the occasion of its foundation day.
The mobile app has been developed for automatic dissemination of earthquake parameter after the occurrence of earthquakes.
34. Union Mnister, Dr. Harshvardhan launched an Integrated Information Dissemination System in New Delhi- Sagar Vani
35. DMRC has become the world’s first ever Metro System to get a green certification for all its major buildings and installations.
36. Union Ministry of Minority Affairs has launched Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-2 in Mumbai, Maharashtra under the Jiyo Parsi scheme.
37. Women and Child Development ministry launched an online platform to enable women employees of the central government to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace- SHe-box’ (sexual harassment electronic box)
38. The Madras High Court made singing of the national song Vande Mataram mandatory in schools across Tamil Nadu, at least twice a week.
39. Punjab Government launched a unique and flagship scheme to educate family members of patient about taking better care of patients- Care Companion Programme(CCP).
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. 12th G20 Summit held in Hamburg, Germany.
Leaders of G-20 countries agreed for taking concrete steps to stop funding of the terror activities.
2. India and Bangladesh decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river (also known as Karnaphuli river).
The aim is to facilitate trade and to improve communication between the two countries.
3. 5th Meeting of BRICS Ministers of Education was held in Beijing, China.
4. A men-only Okinoshima Island in Japan where women are banned has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
5. Malta becomes the 24th country to legalize same sex marriage.
6. India will host Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) 2017, the world’s largest conference on cyber space and related issues in November 2017 in New Delhi.
7. Indonesia has renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea.
8. Australia became the 35th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA).
The aim of ISA is to support developing countries to boost their solar production capacity.
9. India has become the third biggest terror target after Iraq and Afghanistan.
10. The world’s first full—scale floating wind farm which aims to bring power to 20,000 homes is being built off the coast of Scotland in the North Sea- Hywind Wind Farm
11. 2017 BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ meeting held in Chongqing, China.
12. Microsoft has announced to shut down its graphics editing program ‘MS Paint’ with the next Windows 10 update called the Autumn Creators Update.
The program was first released with the very first version of Windows 1.0 in 1985.
13. 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting held in China.
14. Microsoft launched its first Made for India chat messaging application -Kaizala.
The application is designed for large group communication and can enable messages to be sent to millions of people on a group simultaneously.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Indus Operating System partners with YES Bank.
The aim is to launch Operating System integrated UPI (Unified Payment Interface) payment platform in India.
2. South Indian Bank tied up with PFG Forex.
Under this arrangement, NRIs can enjoy cost-effective and fast remittance services using SIB’s Express facility.
3. Canara, HSBC, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Life Insurance ties up with Dhanlaxmi Bank for marketing bancassurance.
4. Axis Bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to facilitate trade with Latin America and the Caribbean.
5. MobiKwik has integrated its wallet into Samsung Pay Mini, a mobile payment platform focused on Samsung’s budget and mid-range phones.
6. SBI and Carlyle Group will acquire GE Capital’s entire stake in SBI Card, the second-largest credit card franchise in India.
7. Yatra Online Inc, has acquired corporate travel services provider Air Travel Bureau (ATB) in an estimated cash-and debt deal of $22.5-27.5 million.
8. PNB, a private sector bank and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance have signed an agreement for the distribution of insurance products through the branches.
9. BSE tied up with Egyptian Exchange (EGX) for cooperation in exchange of information across business areas.
The exchange aims to cross list and trade securities that would provide new investment alternatives to investors in both markets.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. 7 MoU between India and Israel.
MoU for setting up of India-Israel Industrial R&D & Technological Innovation Fund (I4F).
MoU for Conservation of Water in India.
MoU on State Water Utility Reform in India.
India-Israel Development Cooperation- 3-year work program in Agriculture (2018-2020).
Plan of Cooperation regarding Cooperation in Atomic Clocks.
MoU regarding Cooperation in GEO-LEO Optical Link.
MoU regarding Cooperation in Electric Propulsion for Small Satellites.
2. 65 MoUs signed at Textiles India 2017.
The MoUs signed relate to exchange of information and documentation, Research & Development, commercialization of handloom products and silk production, cooperation in Geo textiles, skill development, supply of cotton and trade promotion with overseas partners, etc.
3. 5 States and a Union Territory (UT) have formally adopted the Centre’s Government e-Marketplace (GeM) initiative.
They are Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh and Puducherry (UT).
4. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a MoU with the Government of West Bengal to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine at Kolkata.
The government approved initiative with an outlay of approximately Rs.200 Crores.
5. SEBI has signed a MoU with the ESMA for exchange of information concerning Central Counterparties (CCPs).
CCPs are entities that facilitate clearing and settlement activities.
6. India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU to develop a village in Anuradhapura District (in Sri Lanka) at a cost of 30 crores Sri Lankan rupees.
The village will be in the name of a famous Buddhist monk Sobitha Thero.
7. Indian Army has signed MoU with DRDO to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles (MRSAM) defence system.
8. Airports Authority of India (AAI) has signed an MoU with Government of Uttarakhand.
The aim is to identify relevant factors influencing the development of civil aviation infrastructure in Uttarakhand, assessing the commercial potential of various airports of the State, and identifying technical considerations for airport operations in the State.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. RBI has issued directions on Customer Protection – Limiting Liability of Customers in unauthorized Electronic Banking Transactions.
If the customers report to the banks regarding the loss they suffer through online banking transactions within three days, then the amount involved will be credited to their accounts within a time period of 10 days.
2. Karnataka Bank has unveiled KBL Image Credit Card to transform customer satisfaction to customer delight.
3. Svatantra Microfin launched Cashless Solution App Saathi.
This app will help in handling the operations in areas such as loan originating system, loan management system and collections.
4. Punjab National Bank will block all Maestro debit cards from 31st July.
PNB Maestro debit cards holders will face a card blockage if they fail to replace it with a more secure EMV chip based card by the end of this month.
5. FINO Payments Bank becomes payments bank with effect from 30th June 2017 – Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
The other applicants which have launched payment bank operations are Airtel M Commerce Services, Department of Posts and Paytm Payments Bank.
6. The state which has joined the Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017 after 1st July- Jammu & Kashmir.
7. Restrictions on cash dealings of 2 lakh rupees or more will not apply to credit card bill payments, business correspondents appointed by banks and issuers of prepaid instruments- Revenue Department.
8. The price of every packaged goods will be decided by its MRP with effect from 1st January 2018.
The retail sale price shall be the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) inclusive of all taxes, with the provision to round off the price to the nearest rupee or 50 paise.
9. YES Bank, India’s fourth largest private sector bank has launched ‘YES GST’ program for MSMEs under its MSME CSR initiative ‘Say YES to Sustainable MSMEs in India’.
10. India contributed an additional $1 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
The fund was launched to support sustainable development projects across the developing world.
11. GMR Goa International Airports Limited (GGIAL) has successfully executed a debt facility arrangement with Axis Bank.
The bank will provide the company with Rs. 1330 crore.
12. Yes Bank received $ 150 million funding from the US government and Wells Fargo.
This was done to increase lending to support women entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises in India.
13. State Bank of India launched a dedicated portal that will help home buyers to choose flats from its 3,000 approved projects across the country- SBI Realty
14. Asian Development Bank cuts India inflation outlook to 4% in 2017-18.
India is expected to achieve its earlier April forecasts of 7.4% growth in 2017-18 and 7.6% in 2018-19, primarily due to strong consumption.
15. Karnataka Bank has announced the launch a single premium plan covering the loan liability of a customer – Met Loan & Life Suraksha (MLLS).
The bank also introduced ‘KBL MLLS’ app, which marks the celebration of 15 years of partnership with M/s PNB MetLife.
16. IMF has retained India’s projected GDP growth rate at 7.2% for 2017-18, slightly up from 7.1% in the previous year.
17. Standard Chartered Bank has launched a Multi-Currency Forex Card for overseas travelers.
The card will allow customers the convenience of loading up to 20 widely used currencies on one card with an online reload facility during overseas travel.
18. NPCI has received a final nod from the Reserve Bank of India to function as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU) and operate the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS).
19. SIDBI has started full-fledged merchant banking (banking term) operations.
The initiative is aimed at enhancing the access of MSMEs to the capital markets, including the SME Trading Platform and Institutional Trading Platform.
20. Canara Bank has launched its first Digital Banking Branch in Bengaluru- CANDI
The branch will provide an end-to-end digital experience to customers.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to Maharashtra Prohibition of People from Social Boycott (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, 2016.
Maharashtra is the first state in the country to formulate a law to punish social boycott.
2. United States House of Representatives has passed an amendment to National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), 2018, a $621.5 billion defence expenditure bill to advance defence cooperation with India.
3. The Lok Sabha passed the Indian Institute of Information Technology Public Private Partnership (IIIT-PPP) Bill, 2017 to allow 15 IIITs established on a PPP model to grant degrees and get statutory status.
4. The Lok Sabha has passed The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Bill amends the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE), 2009 to extend the deadline for teachers to acquire the prescribed minimum qualifications for appointment.
5. Parliament has passed The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill, 2016.
Admiralty laws deal with cases of accidents in navigable waters or involve contracts related to commerce on such waters.
6. The parliament has passed The Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The bill aims at amending the Collection of Statistics Bill, 2008, which facilitates the collection of statistics related to social, economic, demographic, scientific and environmental aspects, by central, state and local governments.
7. The Lok Sabha passed the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) Bill, 2017 by voice vote.
The Bill declares the IIMs as institutions of national importance.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. India, Japan and US navies have kicked off 2017 MALABAR Trilateral Naval Exercise near Chennai in Bay of Bengal.
2. Scientists have developed the World’s Sharpest Laser with record-breaking precision.
This newly developed laser has linewidth of only 10 millihertz (0.01 Hz), — closer to the ideal laser than ever before.
3. Quick Reaction Surface to Air (QRSAM), a short-range missile successfully test-fired from Odisha Coast- DRDO.
4. First space probe to complete flyby of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot – NASA’s Juno spacecraft
5. Indigenously developed S-band Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) of India Meteorological Department (IMD) was commissioned at Palluruthy in West Kochi, Kerala.
6. Scientists have discovered the smallest star in the universe - EBLM J0555-57Ab.
7. Indian scientists discovered extremely large supercluster of galaxies located in the direction of constellation Pisces – Saraswati
8. United States Navy successfully tested the world’s first-ever active Laser Weapons System (LaWS).
9. Indian Navy’s second LCU (landing craft utility) Mark IV L52 ship was formally launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
10. Astrosat, Chandra and Hubble Space Telescope have detected a massive coronal explosion on sun’s closest star neighbour- Proxima Centauri
11. US and Australia have jointly test-fired a hypersonic missile capable of moving at a speed eight times faster than sound as part of a $54-million research project-HIFiRE
12. Google has launched a recruiting app for small- and medium-sized businesses that also integrates seamlessly with G Suite- Hire
It is a move to compete with Microsoft-owned LinkedIn.
13. RDEL launched the first two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) — Shachi and Shruti at their shipyard in Pipavav, Gujarat.
These ships are part of a five-ships being constructed for the Indian Navy under the P-21 project.
14. Scientists have developed new artificial intelligence (AI) software that can create three dimensional (3D) models from 2D photographs- SurfNet
15. DRDO has developed India’s first unmanned remotely operated tank in Chennai lab- Muntra (Mission Unmanned Tracked).
16. Breakthrough Starshot successfully launch world’s smallest spacecraft- Sprites
The miniature satellites are just 3.5cm x 3.5cm and carry radios, sensors and computers, with each device powered by sunlight and weighing just four grams.
17. Iran successfully launched its most advanced satellite-carrying rocket called ‘Simorgh’ into space.
The launch took place at the Imam Khomeini National Space Station in Semnan.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Asian Athletics Championships 2017 Gold Medalists||Women’s Shotput event-Manpreet Kaur|
|Men’s 5000 metres event-Govindan Laxman|
|2.||South Australian Open Squash Title||Harinder Pal Sandhu|
|3.||2017 Confederations Cup Final||Germany|
|4.||FIA Formula 3 European Championship race||Jehan Daruvala|
|5.||Austrian Grand Prix Winner||Valtteri Bottas- (Mercedes)|
|6.||Pakistan’s Test Team Captain||Sarfraz Ahmed|
|7.||FIFA World Ranking 2017||India reached 96th position|
|8.||Asian Snooker Team Championship at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan||Pankaj Advani and Laxman Rawat|
|9.||First Women Cricket player to score 6000 runs in ODI cricket||Mithali Raj (Indian Women’s Cricket Team Captain)|
|10.||Host country of 8th International Theatre Olympics 2018||India|
|11.||World Para Athletics Championships Gold Medalist (Javelin throw event)||Sundar Singh Gurjar|
|12.||Victorian Open Squash Tournament Winner||Harinder Pal Sandhu|
|13.||2017 Wimbledon Championship Winner||Rodger Federer (This was his 8th Wimbledon title)|
|14.||Ladies European Tour Winner||Atthaya Thitikul|
|15.||World Para Athletics Bronze Medal Winner||Karamjyoti Dala|
|16.||ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 Winner||England|
|17.||2017 Yonex US Open Grand Prix – Gold badminton tournament title||H S Prannoy (Indian Shuttler)|
|18.||British Grand Prix Winner||Lewis Hemilton (Mercedes)|
|19.||Dutch Open Junior Squash Championships Winner||Neel Joshi, Ananya Dabke|
|20.||Bowling Coach of the Indian Cricket team||Bharat Arun|
|21.||World Para Athletics Championships 2017- Silver Medalist||Amit Saroha|
|22.||Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships – Gold Medalist||Konsam Ormila Devi|
|23.||Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships – Bronze Medalist||Ajay Singh|
|24.||Commonwealth Youth Games Gold Medalist||Sachin Siwach|
|25.||Indian Cricketer in top 10 of ICC Women’s ODI Rankings||Harmanpreet Kaur|
|26.||Host country of World Boxing Championship 2021||India|
|27.||World Aquatics Championships – Women’s 100m breaststroke Winner||Lilly King (USA)|
|28.||Women’s 100m backstroke gold medalist||Kylie Masse (Canada)|
|29.||74kg freestyle Wrestling Gold Medalist||Virender Singh|
|30.||Host country of AFC U-19 championship||Indonesia|
|31.||23rd Summer Deaflympics Gold Medalist||Kaylin Yost (USA)|
|32.||23rd Summer Deaflympics Silver Medalist||Diksha Dagar (India)|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S.No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||PM’s trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant||Tata Steel|
|2.||2017 Trafficking in Person Report Hero Award by US State Department||Mahesh Muralidhar (Telangana IPS Officer)|
|3.||Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award 2017.||Shantanu Narayen (Adobe Chief)|
|Vivek Murthy (US Surgeon General)|
|4.||Indian of the Year Award||Preeti Shenoy (Writer)|
|5.||GSMA Asia Mobile Award||Health Ministry’s Mobile App eVIN|
|6.||Mohun Bagan Ratna Award||Subrata Bhattacharya (Indian footballer)|
|7.||Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) released by ITU.||India ranked at 23rd position out of 165 nations|
|8.||Australia’s Highest Civilian Award: Order of Australia Winner||Guruswamy Jayraman|
|9.||2017 SDG index||India ranked 116 among 157 nations|
|10.||Sportsperson of the Year Award||P V Sindhu (Badminton)|
|11.||Golden Peacock Award for the Year 2017 for Eco-Innovation||Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF)|
|12.||Asia Pacific App of the Year at FbStart Apps of the Year Awards||Maya (Bangalore based Mobile app)|
|13.||Personality of the Year’ Award (by Skoch Consultancy Services)||Kishore Sansi, Managing Director and CEO of Vijaya Bank|
|14.||TIMES NOW ICICI Bank NRI of the Year Awards 2017||India’s Global Icon-Shri A S Kiran Kumar- (ISRO Chairman)|
|Global Indian Impact Icon-Bahubali movie|
|15.||18th IIFFA Awards 2017 Best Film||Neerja|
|Best Director:||Anirudh Roy Chaudhary for Pink|
|Best Actor (Male)||Shahid Kapoor for Udta Punjab|
|Best Actor (Female)||Alia Bhatt for Udta Punjab|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female)||Shabana Azmi for Neerja|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male)||Anupam Kher for MS Dhoni-The Untold Story|
|IIFA Woman of The Year||Tapsee Pannu|
|16.||World’s Best City||San Miguel de Allende in Mexico|
|17.||World Fastest Growing Economies List 2017||India ranked 4th|
|18.||Most Powerful Arab Women in Government 2017 Winner||Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi|
|19.||Lokmat Parliamentary Awards 2017Lok Sabha: -Lifetime Achievement Award||LK Advani|
|Best Parliamentarian Award 2016||N K Premchandran|
|Best Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Kumari Sushmita Dev|
|Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Meenakshi Lekhi|
|Rajya Sabha: -Lifetime Achievement Award -||Sharad Yadav|
|Best Parliamentarian Award 2016||Sitaram Yechury|
|Best Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Jaya Bachchan|
|Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian Award 2016||Rajani Patil|
|20.||2017 Fortune Global 500 List Topped by||Walmart|
|21.||WPC Excellence Award||Indian Oil|
|22.||Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index||India ranks 132 among 152 countries|
|23.||Japanese Award: Order of the Rising Sun Winner||Ashwani Kumar (Former Union Minister)|
|24.||Terror attacks in 2016||India witnessed third highest terror attacks|
|25.||Mahanayak Samman 2017||Shakuntala Barua (Veteran Actress)|
|26.||World’s third-biggest beef exporter||India|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S.No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||IIT Kharagpur Chairman||Sanjiv Goenka|
|2.||Hong Kong’s First Female Leader||Carrie Lam|
|3.||New Chief Election Commissioner||Achal Kumar Jyoti|
|4.||New Secretary (Economic Relations) in Ministry of External Affairs||Vijay Gokahle|
|5.||Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Chief||RK Pachnanda|
|6.||Tata Global Beverages Limited Chairman||N Chandrasekaran|
|7.||Ambassador of Realty Firm Signature Global||Vidya Balan|
|8.||New Attorney General of India||KK Venugopal|
|9.||Head of Indian Consulate in New York||Sandeep Chakravorty (Indian Ambassador to Peru)|
|10.||President of Mongolia||Khaltmaa Battulga|
|11.||WHO’s Goodwill Ambassador for Autism in South-East Asia||Saima Wazed (from Bangladesh)|
|12.||Next Ambassador of India to Indonesia||Pradeep Kumar Rawat|
|13.||Director General of National Disaster Response Force||Sanjay Kumar|
|14.||Head Coach of Indian Cricket Team||Ravi Shastri|
|15.||Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI)||John Joseph|
|16.||Brand Ambassador of Indian Indoor Cricket Team||Sandeep Patil|
|17.||New BCCI Chairperson||Justice Vikramjit Sen|
|18.||Indian Cricket Team Bowling Coach||Zaheer Khan|
|19.||New director-general of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DG-DRI)||Debi Prasad Dash|
|20.||UNICEF’s Global Good Will Ambassador||Lilly Singh (“Superwoman”)|
|21.||Twitter’s New Chief Financial Officer||Ned Segal (former Goldman Sachs banker)|
|22.||Chief Digital Officer of Tata Sons||Aarthi Subramanian|
|23.||MD & CEO of Oriental Bank of Commerce||Mukesh Kumar Jain|
|24.||19th Chief Minister of Nagaland||TR Zeliang|
|25.||India’s 14th President||Ram Nath Kovind|
|26.||New Chief Justice of Nepal||Justice Gopal Prasad Parajuli|
|27.||New Boards of Directors Appointed in Tesla||James Murdoch and Linda Johnson Rice|
|28.||First Female President of UK Supreme Court||Brenda Hale|
|29.||Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office||Gopal Baglay|
|30.||Secretary to new President||Sanjay Kothari|
|31.||Next Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs||Raveesh Kumar|
|32.||Additional Charge of I & B Ministry||Smriti Irani|
|33.||Additional Charge of Urban Development ministry||Narendra Singh Tomar|
|34.||New members of Lok Sabha||Farooq Abdullah (National Conference leader and former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister)|
|PK Kunhalikutty (Indian Union Muslim League leader)|
|35.||UK India Business Council||Lord Davies|
|36.||COO of the Indian Premier League||Hemang Amin|
|37.||Prime Minister of Pakistan||Shahid Khaqan Abbasi|
|38.||Axis Bank MD and CEO||Shikha Sharma|
|39.||Administrative Manager of the Indian Cricket Team||Sunil Subramaniam|
|40.||Group-I officer in Andhra Pradesh||P V Sindhu|
|41.||India’s Alternate Governor on Board of Governors of ADB||Subhash Chandra Garg|
|42.||CEO of Janalakshmi Financial Services||Ajay Kanwal|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||National Doctors Day / National CA Day||1st July 2017|
|2.||World Sports Journalists Day||2nd July|
|Introduction – The day was established by International Sports Press Association (AIPS) in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of its foundation.|
|3.||World Zoonoses Day||6th July|
|4.||World Population Day||11th July|
|5.||Malala Day||12th July|
|6.||World Youth Skills Day||15th July|
|7.||World Day for International Justice||17th July|
|8.||Nelson Mandela International Day||18th July|
|9.||18th Kargil Vijay Diwas||26th July|
|10.||World Hepatitis Day||28th July|
|11.||International Tiger Day||29th July|
|12.||World Day against Trafficking in Persons||30th July|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Madhukar Todarma (Veteran Marathi Actor-Writer)|
|2.||Liu Xiaobo-China’s Nobel laureate|
|3.||Naresh Chandra- Former Indian Ambassador to US|
|4.||Professor P Chandra Sekharan- Forensic Expert|
|5.||Mangesh Tendulkar- India’s Cartoonist|
|6.||Udupi Ramachandra Rao- Space Scientist and Former Chairman of ISRO|
|7.||Nar BahadurBhandari- Former Sikkim CM|
|8.||Chester Bennington- American rock band Linkin Park’s lead vocalist|
|9.||Maryam Mirzakhani –First Woman to Win Math’s Highest Award|
|10.||Martin Landau- Hollywood Actor|
|11.||Yash Pal- Renowned physicist, academic and higher education reformer Professor|
|12.||K.E. Mammen- Former freedom fighter|
|13.||Mervyn Rose- Former Tennis Champion|
|14.||Inder Kumar- Bollywood Actor|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
The Important Abbreviations used in the Current Affairs of July month are included in the PDF. Download the PDF through the link given below.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images