Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Monthly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated World Food India 2017 on 3rd November 2017 in New Delhi.
The theme of the event was “Transforming the Food Economy”.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated Global Clubfoot Conference organized by CURE India in New Delhi.
3. Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM), a nationwide talent search exam will be held on 26th November 2017.
It is an initiative to give a boost to learning of science, technology and mathematics among youth-especially school students.
4. The CCEA has approved the continuation of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana- Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied Sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20.
5. Uttar Pradesh cabinet has approved Blackbuck Conservation Reserve in trans- Yamuna belt near Allahabad.
6. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued a notification to make FASTag mandatory for all new four-wheelers from 1st December 2017.
The notification follows an amendment to Central Motor Vehicle (CMV) Rules, 1989 made by the Central Government as per powers vested in it under Motor Vehicles Act 1989.
7. Union Government has launched Food Regulatory Portal and Investor Facilitation Portal. They were launched on the sidelines of World Food India 2017 Expo
8. The Union Ministry of Communications has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana, a pan India scholarship program for school children to increase the reach of Philately.
The SPARSH stands for Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby.
9. The 9th edition of CMS Vatavaran – an International Film Festival on Environment and Wildlife – has begun in New Delhi.
The theme of the fest is “Conservation 4 Water“.
10. Tata Group is India’s most valuable brand with its brand value estimated at 73,944 crores.
It is followed by Reliance Jio & Airtel with a brand value of 38,212 crores and 36,927 crores respectively.
11. The Indian Railways has launched the main arch of the World’s highest bridge on River Chenab in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district, which will provide direct connectivity to the Kashmir Valley.
12. The Ministry for Women and Child Development has launched a comprehensive online complaint management system named SHE-BOX for women in both public and private organizations.
The objective is to provide an online portal to lodge complaints of sexual harassment at work place.
13. A new passenger train ‘Bandhan Express’ between Kolkata and Bangladesh’s southwestern industrial city of Khulna was flagged off by PM Narendra Modi, Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee.
The fully air-conditioned weekly train will run every Thursday.
14. The Environment Minister formed a seven-member committee to proceed short and long-term plans to solve the problem of air pollution in the Delhi-NCR region.
15. Maharashtra government has decided to extend scholarships for students belonging to EBC category including the Maratha community.
The state also increased the annual income limit for availing the scholarships from Rs.2.5 lakh to Rs.6 lakh, which is expected to cost Rs.800 crore.
16. Ministry of Power launched Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana ‘Saubhagya’ Web Portal.
The portal can be accessed at http://saubhagya.gov.in.
The web portal aims to ensure transparency as well as accelerate household electrification in rural as well as urban areas in the country.
17. CCEA has approved four sub-schemes under Umbrella Scheme Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS).
These four schemes include Anganwadi services, programme for adolescent girls called Sabla, Child Protection Services and National Creche Scheme.
18. The Union Cabinet has approved an increase in carpet area of houses under a Government Scheme named Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
The purpose is to further enhance the scope, coverage and outreach of Scheme.
19. Madhya Pradesh has partnered with Nagaland and Manipur under Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana to strengthen cultural relations between them.
20. The target of 100 percent completion of installing bio-toilets in the Indian Railways coaches has been advanced to December 2018.
21. The Union Ministry of Power has launched National Power Portal (NPP), a Centralized Platform for Collation and Dissemination of Indian power sector information.
The system has been conceptualized, designed and developed by NIC. It can be accessed at http://npp.gov.in.
22. Indian Railways has launched Project Saksham, country’s largest time-bound “upskilling” exercise for its employees to boost their efficiency.
It aims to upgrade the skill sets of 13 lakh-strong workforces of Indian Railways with a single drive spanning nine months.
23. Urdu was declared second official language in Telangana.
It was announced by Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao in the state Assembly.
24. President Ram Nath Kovind launched various schemes with the total expenditure of Rs 3,455 crore in Jharkhand. The various schemes launched are:
Mukhyamantri Health Insurance Scheme- Rs 636-crore.
‘108 Ambulance’ service- Rs 290-crore.
JOHAR schemes – Rs 1500 crore.
25. India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit has been organized in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh.
It aims to inspire, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the tribal youth.
26. The Ministry of Women and Child Development is set to celebrate the Child Rights Week from 16th-20th November 2017 by hosting an Inter CCI Festival named – Hausala 2017.
27. The Union Cabinet has approved signing an agreement on Cooperation between India and Russia in the field of combating all forms of terrorism and organized crime.
28. The Union Cabinet has approved setting up of 15th Finance Commission (FC).
It is a constitutional obligation to set up FC under Article 280 (1) of the Constitution.
29. Government will soon initiate a comprehensive ‘Safe City’ plan for women in eight cities for women in eight metropolitan cities of the country.
It will be implemented in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Lucknow, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
30. CCEA has approved expansion of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Yojana for a pan India coverage from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
It expansion has proposed outlay of Rs.1132.5 crore. It will cover 640 districts of the country and proposed an outlay of Rs.1132.5 crore.
31. CCEA approved Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme for a period 2017-18 to 2019-20.
The scheme is part of Umbrella Scheme Mission for Protection and Empowerment for Women.
It aims at empowering rural women through community participation to create an environment in which they realize their full potential.
32. The Communal Harmony Campaign Week was observed from 19th -25th November 2017 by National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH).
It aimed at fostering and reinforcing the spirit of communal harmony, national integration and pride in vibrant, composite culture and nationhood.
33. Rajasthan government has launched ‘Dishari’, an educational mobile application that provides free study materials for youths preparing for competitive examinations.
34. Indian Railways has installed Asia’s Largest Solid -State Interlocking System, a cutting-edge technology in West Bengal.
35. To improve the Research & Related Infrastructure of 6 Famous Educational Institutes of India, the HEFA has approved the projects worth INR 2,066.73 Crore. This fund will help these institutes to stand globally. List of Institutes are –
36. The TRAI has backed the basic principles of an open and free internet in its recommendations on net neutrality.
The TRAI in its recommendations have said that Internet Service Providers cannot discriminate on how people access web content.
37. The Union Ministry of Power has launched Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana -SAUBHAGYA in Manipur.
The total of approximately 1.75 lakh households of Manipur are proposed to be included under the scheme.
The aim is to provide the required financial assistance for strengthening and improvement of infrastructure in the power sector in Manipur.
38. The first edition of International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency (INSPIRE 2017) was held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Its objective was to provide the common platform for energy efficiency community to discuss energy efficiency policies, emerging technologies, market transformations.
39. Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar laid the foundation stone of a Healthcare Centre for Children in Mumbai.
The Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani Centre for Child Health Care and Training in Paediatric Heart Care Skill would be operational in a year’s time in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The bilateral military exercise PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017 between India and Kazakhstan began at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh. ‘Prabal Dostyk’ means ‘Robust Friendship’.
2. IEF 7th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7) was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
3. Kazakhstan will change its name to Qazaqstan by 2025 in a challenge to Russian influence over the country.
4. The Minister of State, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is in Egypt to attend World Youth Forum at Sharam El Sheikh.
The forum aims to provide a platform to the youth from all over the globe to engage with the key global policy makers.
5. Indian Pavilion at Conference of Parties (COP) 23 was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan at Bonn in Germany.
India’s theme for COP 23 is “Conserving Now, Preserving Future”.
6. Minister for AYUSH Shripad Naik and Indian Ambassador to UAE Navdeep Suri attended the inaugural ceremony of first International AYUSH Conference and Exhibition at Dubai.
The conference was held from 9th – 11th November 2017 at Dubai World Trade Center, UAE.
7. NASA has received over 1.3 lakh Indian names, who booked flights for Red Planet via InSight Mission which will launch on 5th May 2018.
8. China launched world’s first fully electric cargo ship in Guangzhou, the capital city of Guangdong province.
It is the first ship in the world to use a lithium battery.
9. The 10th South Asia Economic Summit (SAES-2017) was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The theme of Summit was “Deepening Economic Integration for Inclusive and Sustainable Development in South Asia”.
10. 31st ASEAN Summit was held in Philippines from 12th- 14th November 2017.
Around 20 world leaders attended the meeting.
11. Saudi Arabia has officially approved Yoga as a sporting activity under its Ministry of Trade and Industry.
The Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (known as MBS) launched the new vision 2030 that focuses on the development and investing in youth.
12. The UNFCCC Climate Change Conference (COP23) was held in Bonn, Germany.
It concluded with countries putting in place a roadmap for Talanoa Dialogue, a year-long process to assess countries’ progress on climate actions.
13. The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) was held in New Delhi.
The theme of this edition of World Congress is Military Medicine in Transition: Looking Ahead.
14. The first India-Myanmar Bilateral Military Exercise 2017 -IMBAX 2017 was held at Joint Warfare Centre at the Umroi Joint Training Node in Meghalaya.
15. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the 5th edition of Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS) in New Delhi.
The theme of the two-day conference is Cyber4All: A Secure and Inclusive Cyberspace for Sustainable Development.
16. India is going to host 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in NCR New Delhi.
17. China has successfully launched remote sensing satellites designed to conduct electromagnetic probes and other experiments.
The satellites were launched on board of Long March-2C rocket.
18. PM Narendra Modi and Ivanka Trump jointly inaugurated 8th Annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES 2017) in Hyderabad, Telangana.
The theme for 2017 GES was Women First, Prosperity for All.
The aim was to empower Indian entrepreneurs to pitch their ideas, build partnerships, secure funding, and create innovative products and services that will transform societies for better future.
19. The High-Level Inter-Governmental Mid-Point review meeting of Asia and Pacific Decade for Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022 was held in Beijing, China.
Its main objective was to review progress made by member states with regard to Incheon Strategy to make right real for persons with disabilities in Asia and Pacific.
20. Russia has agreed to assist India to set up National Crisis Management Centre (NCMC) in the country to handle disaster and other emergency situations.
21. The Government of India will assist Mauritius to develop and set up Digital Locker Services.
The Government will offer technical support and advisory services to Mauritius.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Fino Payments Bank has tied up with Gokul Dairy and Mother Dairy to digitize payments in the milk industry.
The bank will open accounts for milk pourers and the fees paid to the milk pourers which was being paid in cash will now be paid digitally into their bank accounts directly.
2. IDFC Bank with mobile wallet major MobiKwik to launch a co-branded Virtual prepaid card for customers of MobiKwik.
3. Ola is partnering with global technology giant Microsoft to build a new connected vehicle platform for car manufacturers worldwide.
Microsoft will provide Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) and would be a preferred cloud provider.
4. Facebook has partnered with the NDMA and SEEDS, a non-profit body, in India to offer tools to these agencies to help them respond more effectively to natural disasters.
5. Punjab National Bank (PNB) and Action Construction Equipment Ltd (ACE) have tied up for augmenting tractors/agricultural implements financing to the farmers across the country through PNB’s branch network.
6. Digital payments platform Paytm is acquiring deal discovery startups, Nearbuy and Little for about $30 million in a cash-and-stock deal.
7. Karnataka Bank Ltd. has partnered with the Boston Consulting Group (India) Pvt. Ltd. for its transformation initiatives.
The transformation project ‘KBL Vikaas’ was launched in Mangaluru.
The project is aimed at total transformation of the bank by re-positioning it as a ‘relevant and significant bank’
8. The Election Commission and Facebook announced a partnership under which the social media giant will remind the youth who recently turned 18 to register to vote by sending them reminders on their Facebook profiles.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. Goa Government has signed trilateral MoU with Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology and Nobel Media, Sweden to host Nobel Prize Series-India in February 2018.
2. India and Armenia have signed an agreement on cooperation and mutual assistance in custom matters.
The agreement will provide a legal framework for sharing of information and intelligence between Customs authorities of two countries.
3. ISA and EBRD have signed Joint Financial Partnership Declaration on renewable energy projects around the world.
4. Assam government has MoUs and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling youth of the state.
The MoU and ToR for North East Skills Centre (NESC) were signed between Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department, of Assam government and ITE Education Service, Singapore.
5. Private sector lender Yes Bank has signed an agreement with the government to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects.
The funding will be provided to around 100 food processing projects.
6. A MoU of Rs. 10,000 was signed between the Government of India (GoI) and Patanjali at the World Food India 2017.
7. The Kerala government signed an MoU with Intel and UST Global for exploring the possibility of transforming the state into an electronic hardware manufacturing hub.
8. The government approved a MoU between India and Poland for co-operation in the field of civil aviation.
The objective of the MoU is to recognize the mutual benefit of cooperation in civil aviation, particularly improving regional air connectivity in India.
9. India and Philippines have signed four agreements in areas of defence, agriculture, small and medium enterprises and a tie-up between think-tanks.
10. Andhra Pradesh government and Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited signed a MoU to undertake a feasibility study on the introduction of electric vehicles and the necessary systems and infrastructure.
11. Reliance General Insurance has signed a comprehensive bancassurance-corporate agency agreement with YES Bank.
12. The Union Government has signed a guarantee agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of US $98 million and Grant Agreement for US $2 million for Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project with World Bank.
13. Government has signed four MoUs under UDAY Scheme with Nagaland and UTs of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli & Daman & Diu for operational improvements.
With this, 27 States and 4 UTs have joined UDAY till date.
14. A tripartite MoU was signed between Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) with Airbnb.
The MoU was signed to promote entrepreneurship under Government’s Skill India Programme.
15. India and Italy have signed MoU for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
The objective of MoU is to establish cooperation between two countries in the field of health by pooling scientific, technical, financial and human resources.
16. India and the United Kingdom will soon sign MoU in the urban transport sector for cooperation in policy planning, technology transfer and institutional organization.
17. India and Russia have signed comprehensive anti-terror pact agreement for enhancing bilateral cooperation in tackling all forms of terrorism and countering the threat posed by narcotics.
18. India and Greece have signed Air Services Agreement (ASA) and MoU on Cooperation (MoC) in the field of New and Renewable Energy.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. CBDT has signed seven unilateral advance pricing agreements (APAs) in October 2017.
With this, the total number of APAs entered into by CBDT now stands at 184.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made 20-digit Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) compulsory for companies having aggregate fund-based and non-fund based exposure over Rs 5 crore.
3. Yes Bank has unveiled a superior payment wallet service, BHIM Yes Pay by fully integrating the application with all the IndiaStack APIs and NPCI Products.
Yes Bank has over 5.5 lakh registered users on BHIM Yes Pay.
4. ICICI Bank has launched voice-based international remittance service on its Money2India application.
This would enable a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) customer of ICICI Bank to send money to any bank in India via just a simple voice command on his/her Apple iPhone/iPad.
5. The government will make India Post Payments Bank operational in all 650 districts of the country by April 2018.
6. Digital Payment Platform Paytm introduced payments using BHIM UPI on its platform using which users can create their own Paytm BHIM UPI ID on the application.
Through this the users can perform seamless and instant money transfers directly between two bank accounts.
7. Bank of China has formally launched its operations in Pakistan with the first branch inaugurated at Karachi, Pakistan.
The Bank would be instrumental in strengthening the “brotherly relations” between the two countries in the financial sector.
8. Air India has received a loan worth Rs. 1,500 crores from Bank of India.
9. The GST Council in its 23rd meeting on 10th November 2017 recommended widespread changes in the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
The council has decided to keep the highest 28% tax on luxury and sinful items as a result 177 items have been shifted to the 18% bracket.
10. The Government has doubled the import duty on wheat to 20 per cent to curb cheap shipments and give positive price signal to farmers in the ongoing Rabi season.
11. The Union Government launched BHARAT-22 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund targeting an initial amount of about Rs. 8000 crores.
12. Private sector RBL Bank has set up an all- women branch in Chennai.
The branch at R. A. Puram, would be managed by eight women and offer all products and services across liability and assets.
13. International rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has upgraded India’s sovereign bond rating for the first time in nearly 14 years.
The agency lifted the country’s rating to Baa2 from Baa3.
14. Union Cabinet has proposal to promulgate an ordinance under Article 123 of Constitution to make certain amendments in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
15. SBI Bank will soon launch country’s first integrated lifestyle and banking digital service platform named YONO (acronym for ‘You Only Need One’).
16. Andhra Bank has launched a new scheme – Pattabhi Sitaramayya for self-help groups (SHGs) to encourage entrepreneurship.
The scheme was introduced to commemorate the 138th birth anniversary of its founder Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya.
17. Union Cabinet has approved India’s Membership for the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development (EBRD).
18. Axis Bank in association with Mumbai Police has launched its latest campaign #MuhPeTaala to promote safe banking.
The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness about how to keep oneself safe from falling prey to fraudulent calls asking information such as pin code, CVV, OTP etc.
19. Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced that it increases annual funding to India up to $4 billion from existing $2.7 billion from next year to accelerate inclusive economic transformation.
20. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley formally launched the Paytm Payments Bank in New Delhi.
The Payments Bank will have zero charges on all online transactions and no minimum balance requirement.
21. Amazon has made it mandatory for users to link Aadhaar details to their accounts in order to track lost packages.
Amazon representatives have reportedly told users that not uploading their Aadhaar might result in a delay in the resolution of the problem.
22. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked all the co-operative societies not to use the word Bank in their names as it violates Section 7 of the Banking Regulation Act.
23. India’s GDP rises to 6.3% in the July-September period compared with the three years low of 5.7% growth in the April-June quarter and 7.5% in the year earlier.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. The first tri-service Armed Forces (Army, Navy, & Air Force) exercise INDRA 2017 between India and Russia conducted at the 249th Combined Army Range Sergeevisky and in Sea of Japan near Vladivostok.
2. The bi-annual multilateral exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’ has started at Uvda Air Force Base in Israel from 2nd to 16th November 2017.
In it, 45- member contingent of the IAF is participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud Commandos.
3. DRDO has successfully tested indigenously developed light weight glide bomb Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW).
It reached the targets at greater than 70 km range, with high accuracies.
4. Army personnel of India and Bangladesh are going to take part in a joint training exercise ‘Sampriti-7’.
This is the 7th edition of the joint training exercise which will be conducted at India’s Jungle Warfare School in Mizoram and Meghalaya.
5. India’s first Military Literature Festival will be held in Chandigarh in December as a tribute to the armed forces.
The Military Literature Festival will be held from 7th – 9th December 2017.
6. DRDO conducted a flight test of its indigenously and developed long-range sub-sonic cruise missile ‘Nirbhay’.
It can carry warheads of up to 300 kg from a test range at Chandipur along the Odisha coast.
7. NASA has launched a next-generation satellite called the Joint Polar Satellite System-1 (JPSS-1) into space.
It was launched into orbit atop United Launch Alliance-built Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
8. Central Government has given approval for setting up India’s first mega Coastal Economic Zone (CEZ) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Maharashtra.
9. NASA successfully tested Supersonic Landing Parachute that will be deployed in its Mars rover mission set to launch in 2020.
10. The world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was successfully test fired from Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet for the first time.
11. The Union Government launched new all-in-one mobile application -UMANG with an aim to make Government services accessible on mobile phone of the citizens.
It offers 162 services from 33 state and central government departments and four states.
12. The Defence of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Exercise (DANX-2017) was conducted under aegis of Andaman & Nicobar Command from 20th to 24th November 2017.
13. North Korea successfully launched Hwasong-15, a new type of nuclear-capable Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM).
The ICBM was launched from Pyongyang and had reached the height of 4,475 km and traveled 950 km before it actually hitting a sea target.
14. The 2017 International Multilateral Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (IMMSAREX) was held in Bangladesh from 26th to 28th November 2017.
In addition to the conduct of the exercise, an Extraordinary Conclave of Chiefs (ECoC) meeting of IONS was also held on 28thNovember 2017,
The ECoC deliberated upon activities being undertaken by IONS in-addition to reviewing the progress made by three IONS Working Group (IWG).
15. Scientists from New Zealand have developed World’s first Artificial Intelligence Politician named SAM.
The virtual politician SAM can answer person’s queries regarding local issues such as policies around housing, education and immigration.
16. ISRO is set to launch first solar mission Aditya-L1 in 2019.
The mission aims to put 1,500-kg heavy class Aditya-L1 satellite into the halo orbit around Lagrangian point L1, a point between Sun and Earth.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Commonwealth Shooting Championship 10-m Air Pistol Gold Medalist||Heena Sidhu|
|2.||Commonwealth Shooting Championship 50-m Air Pistol Silver Medalist||Gagan Narang|
|3.||Tennis Player recently announced retirement||Martina Hingis|
|4.||Ladies European Golf Tour Title 2017||Aditi Ashok|
|5.||Women’s Asia Cup hockey title 2017 Winner||India|
|6.||Panasonic Open 2017 Winner||Shiv Kapur (First Asian Tour Title)|
|7.||Asian Women’s Boxing Championship Gold Medalist (48 kg category)||Mary Kom|
|8.||82nd Senior National Championship- Men’s Single Title||H.S. Prannoy|
|9.||82nd Senior National Badminton Championship- Women’s Single tilte||Saina Nehwal|
|10.||82nd Senior National Badminton Championship- Mixed Doubles||Satwik Sai Raj R and Ashwini Ponnappa|
|11.||1st in ICC T-20 Batsman Rankings||Virat Kohli|
|12.||Nominee in DDCA Managing Committee||Gautam Gambhir|
|13.||Player who Launched Global Cricket Academy, Dubai||MS Dhoni|
|14.||IBSF World Billiards Championship 2017||Pankaj Advani|
|15.||Pakistan’s Cricketer who recently announced retirement from all forms of Cricket.||Saeed Ajmal|
|16.||Brazilian Grand Prix 2017||Sebastian Vettel|
|17.||Knoxville Challenger Title- Men’s Double Category||Leander Paes and Purav Raja|
|18.||Host country of 2023 Rugby World Cup||France|
|19.||Sportswoman of the Year||Mithali Raj|
|20.||Which country has failed to qualify for FIFA||Italy|
|21.||The Hero Women’s Indian Open Winner||Camille Chevalier|
|22.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-55kg Category||Vinesh Phogat|
|23.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-50kg Category||Ritu Phogat|
|24.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-74kg Category||Sushil Kumar|
|25.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-59kg Category||Geeta Phogat|
|26.||National Wrestling Championship Gold Medalist-62kg Category||Sakshi Malik|
|27.||Under-23 Senior World Wrestling Championship- Silver Medalist||Ritu Phogat|
|28.||Asian Marathon Championship 2017 Winner||Gopi Thonakal|
|29.||Host city of Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship||Guwahati|
|30.||2017 ATP Finals Winner||Grigor Dimitrov|
|31.||Hong Kong Open Superseries Silver Medalist||P V Sindhu|
|32.||AIBA World Women’s Youth Boxing Championship 2017||India|
|33.||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Valtteri Bottas|
|34.||Host city of 7th International Military Games||Wuhan, China|
|35.||IBSF World Snooker Championship (Doha) Winner||Pankaj Advani|
|36.||Davis Cup 2017 Winner||France|
|37.||Cricketer to score most number of International Centuries in a year||Virat Kohli|
|38.||Asian Kabaddi Championship 2017||Indian Men’s Team|
|39.||Winner of 4th F1 World Championship 2017||Lewis Hamilton|
|40.||Spanish Open 2017 Gold Medalist||G Sathiyan|
|41.||Player who announced retirement from Formula One Grand Prix||Felipe Massa (Ferrari)|
|42.||World Weightlifting Championships Gold Medalist||Mirabai Chanu|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S.No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||India’s new high commissioner to Pakistan.||Ajay Bisaria|
|2.||Karnataka’s First Woman Police Chief||Neelamani N. Raju|
|3.||New Global Managing Director & CEO of Tata Steel||T V Narendran|
|4.||Consul General of Korea||Suresh Chukkapalli|
|5.||New CEO of Bharti AXA Life||Vikas Seth|
|6.||Private Secretary to President||Vikram Singh|
|7.||Japan’s new Prime Minister||Shinzo Abe (re-elected)|
|8.||BSF-Additional Director General||Shri Nasir Kamal|
|9.||Ambassador of Youth World Championships||Mary Kom|
|10.||First woman as Senior Deputy Director General||N Poonguzhali|
|11.||New Finance Secretary||Hasmukh Adhia|
|12.||New Chairperson of World Hindu Congress 2018||Tulsi Gabbard|
|13.||Union Minister to Elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha||Alphons Kannanthanam|
|14.||Next Nasscom President||Debjani Ghosh|
|15.||New Chairman of World Gold Council||David Harquail|
|16.||New appointment in Financial Stability Institute Advisory Board (FSAB)||Urjit Patel (RBI Governor)|
|17.||New Director General of UNESCO||Audrey Azoulay|
|18.||Next Ambassador of India to Ecuador||Ravi Bangar|
|19.||New Chairman of BSE||S. Ravi|
|20.||Slovenia New President||Borut Pahor (re-elected)|
|21.||Re-elected member to International Court of Justice||Dalveer Bhandari|
|22.||First-ever female pilot to be inducted into Indian Navy||Shubhangi Swaroop|
|23.||IFFI acting Chairperson||Rahul Rawail|
|24.||UNAIDS Special Ambassador for Adolescents and HIV.||Quarraisha Abdool Karim|
|25.||New President of Zimbabwe||Emmerson Mnangagwa|
|26.||New Indian Envoy to China||Gautam Bambawale|
|27.||Director General of Doordarshan News||Ira Joshi|
|28.||UNICEF Celebrity Advocate||Trisha Krishnan (South Indian Actor)|
|29.||Chairman of National Anti-Profiteering Authority||Badri Narain Sharma|
|30.||India’s G-20 Sherpa||Shaktikanta Das|
|31.||IDSA President||Nirmala Sitharaman|
|32.||Chairman of 15th Finance Commission||NK Singh|
|33.||First Woman Lok Sabha Secretary General||Snehlata Shrivastava|
|34.||CMD of Air India||Pradeep Singh Kharola|
|35.||Kenya New President elected for the Second Term||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|36.||President of Press Club of India||Gautam Lahiri|
|37.||UK’s first ever Female Ambassador to UN||Karen Pierce|
|38.||First Sikh woman elected as Mayor in U.S.||Preet Didbal|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||World Cities Day||31 October|
|2.||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas||31 October|
|3.||International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists||2 November|
|4.||World Science Day for Peace & Development||10 November|
|5.||National Education Day||11 November|
|6.||Public Service Broadcasting Day||12 November|
|7.||World Kindness Day||13 November|
|8.||World Diabetes Day||14 November|
|9.||Children’s Day||14 November|
|10.||International Day for Tolerance||16 November|
|11.||National Press Day||16 November|
|12.||World Philosophy Day||16 November|
|13.||World Toilet Day||19 November|
|14.||Universal Children’s Day||20 November|
|15.||World Fisheries Day||21 November|
|16.||International day for the Elimination of Violence against Women||25 November|
|17.||National Law Day||26 November|
|18.||Constitution Day||26 November|
|19.||National Milk Day||26 November|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Manu Sharma – Padma Shri Awardee|
|2.||AG Milkha Singh – Former Indian Cricketer|
|3.||Ashok Khale – Veteran Cyclist|
|4.||Abdul Mannan Hossain-Former Murshidabad MP|
|5.||Kunwar Narain- Hindi Poet|
|6.||David Poisson- French Olympic Skier|
|7.||Shyama- Veteran Bollywood Actress|
|8.||Dr. Lata Anantha- Environmental and Social Activist|
|9.||Naim Suleymanoglu- 3-time Olympic gold medal-winning weightlifter|
|10.||Daniel Hegarty- British Motorcyclist|
|11.||Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi- Veteran Congress Leader|
|12.||Jana Novotna- Tennis Player, Czech Winner of Wimbledon|
|13.||Habibullah Basha- Noted Jurist of Madras Bar|
|14.||Digumarthy Kamalamma- Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader|
|15.||Jon Hendricks- Jazz Singer and Lyricist|
|16.||Pandit Narayanrao Bodas – Hindustani classical music exponent- Gwalior Gharana|
|17.||E.T. Selvam – Veteran Ophthalmologist|
|18.||E Chandrasekharan Nair – Former Kerala Minister|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
The Important Abbreviations used in the Current Affairs of August month are included in the PDF. Download the PDF through the link given below.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images