Read Current Affairs of last month online, all summarized well into one digest GK Eduwrap. Also, covering all the latest questions of General Knowledge asked in General Awareness for Bank PO.
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Monthly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok Bridge that will connect Leh to Karakoram on Shyok Gong river.
2. The 3rd annual “Women of India Organic Festival” will be celebrated from 1st – 15th October 2017, in New Delhi.
The aim is to promote women entrepreneurs & farmers in the organic sector across India.
3. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a New airport at Shirdi in Ahmednagar and Alliance Air commercial flight to Mumbai.
4. Madhya Pradesh C.M Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a pension scheme “Single Click Pension Delivery” where the money will go directly into the account of the beneficiaries.
5. The Medical Council of India will provide Unique Permanent Registration Numbers to all doctors to help in digitizing India’s registry of doctors.
6. Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu unveiled a bronze statue on the 148 Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
7. Andhra Pradesh Government has introduced a new rule - “No helmet, no petrol” for two wheelers to reduce road accident deaths.
8. Karnataka Government has launched a new scheme named “Mathru Poorna” to meet the nutritional needs of pregnant and lactating women in rural areas.
Under this programme the pregnant & lactating poor women in rural areas will get one nutritious meal daily for 25 days a month.
9. Assam becomes the first state in the country to set up an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) exclusively for the differently-abled.
The ITI will offer courses in 3 trades with 20 seats per trade.
10. The State Government of Gujarat has cut Value-Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel, making it the first state to follow the Centre’s directions.
11. The Ministry of Tourism is organizing a “Paryatan Parv” programme with the objective of drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, highlighting the cultural diversity of the country.
12. A 6-year project called SECURE Himalaya was launched by the Union environment minister Harsh Vardhan.
The aim of the project is to ensure conservation of locally and globally significant biodiversity, land and forest resources in the high Himalayan ecosystem.
13. President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate India Water Week on 10th October.
The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.
14. A three-day international conference began Global Medical Conference at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) in Chandigarh.
The aim of the conference is to engage industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs globally.
15. The first ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
This exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) from 10 – 13 October 2017 in Delhi.
16. The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened at Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai which was hosted by International Dentist Association (IDA).
17. President Ram Nath Kovind has launched “Mata Amritanandamayi” initiative to provide clean drinking water to 10 million villagers across the nation.
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched “Intensified Mission Indradhanush”.
Through this programme, Government of India aims to reach each & every child under 2 years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunization programme.
19. Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the two-day Yoga for wellness at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi on 10tth October 2017.
20. Uttarakhand State Government has launched Solar Briefcase to provide electricity in far flung areas in hill state.
The scheme is launched by Uttarakhand State Government and a charitable funding agency named Swan Cultural Center and Foundation at Kedarnath Dham.
21. Fintech company Mastercard announced the launch of its ‘Global Research & development arm’ Mastercard Labs in Pune, India.
After Singapore this will be the 2nd Mastercard Labs in Asia-Pacific and ninth in the world.
It aims to bring payment and technology ideas at a fast pace in the country.
22. The 5th India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise “Mitra Shakti 2017” was held Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
The aim of joint training is to exchange best of military practices of two countries and build strong military-to-military (M2M) relation between two armies.
23. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to give Rs 10,000 crore for the development of top 20 universities to ensure that the top-ranking institutions are counted among the best in the world.
24. National Centre for Combustion Research and Development (NCCRD) was inaugurated at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras in Tamil Nadu.
It is world’s largest combustion research centre and one of best diagnostic centres in the country to understand combustion.
25. INS Kiltan was commissioned an into the Indian Navy at the Eastern Naval Command (Naval Dockyard) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
It is India’s first major warship to have a superstructure of carbon fiber composite material resulting in improved stealth features, lower top weight and maintenance costs.
26. Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched a scheme ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojna’ which is aimed to ensure reasonable prices to the farmers for their crops.
27. Haryana has a major share of cancer cases in India with 39% of cases recorded.
28. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) on 2nd Ayurveda day in New Delhi.
29. The Ministry of Women and Child Development is undertaking an online campaign #IamThatWoman.
Through the campaign, the Ministry seeks to highlight the various aspects of women standing ‘by’ and ‘for’ women.
30. India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities has launched in New Delhi under Skill India Mission in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
31. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a global conference on consumer protection in New Delhi.
The theme of the conference was “Empowering Consumers in New Markets”.
32. The Union Ministries of Power and Textiles have jointly launched an initiative ‘SAATHI’ (Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to help small industries).
33. PM Narendra Modi dedicated the Bidar – Kalaburagi New Railway Line to the Nation by unveiling a plaque at Bidar Railway Station in Karnataka.
34. India will host the next United Nations (UN) Global Wildlife Conference in 2020, which was announced at the closing CMSCOP12 plenary, Philippines.
The theme of the conference was ‘their Future is Our Future – Sustainable Development for Wildlife and People’.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The World Government Summit announced that India is a guest country in its upcoming gathering.
The annual gathering is scheduled from 11th – 13th February 2018.
2. India has opened two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh, a reflection of its growing closeness with the two eastern neighbours.
3. The high- level delegations from the Government of India and United States met to plan the “Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017” to be held in Hyderabad from 28th to 30th November.
It is the annual gathering of emerging entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders from around the world.
4. United Nations & Israel announced that they will withdraw from UNESCO.
5. The Union Minister Arun Jaitley participated in the G – 20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting in Washington D.C.
The discussion focused on Global Economy & Fra0mework for Growth, Compact with Africa & International Financial Architecture.
6. The first tri-service armed Forces (Army, Navy, & Air Force) exercise INDRA 2017 between India and Russia being conducted in the Eastern District of Russia from 19th to 29th October 2017.
7. The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has started a programme for promotion of north eastern products in Bangladesh and Myanmar.
8. Burundi became the first nation ever to leave the International Criminal Court (ICC), set up 15 years ago to prosecute those behind the world’s worst atrocities.
9. India and the United States have agreed to implement the program for Helicopter Operations from Ships Other Than Aircraft Carriers (HOSTAC).
They “agreed on the importance of a rules-based international order” in which all the nations can prosper, and the ‘need to work together’ against the common threat of terrorism.
10. The world’s first hybrid electric tram powered by hydrogen fuel cells has started running in China, marking a big step in the application of green energy in public transport.
It can run for 40 kilometers at a maximum speed of 70 kilometers per hour after being refilled with 12 kilograms of hydrogen.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Axis Bank has tied up with Freecharge, the merger is aimed to strengthening its position in the payments space.
2. Visa has tied up with the Andhra Pradesh government for Digital Dhan Sankalp project.
It is an initiative to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first ‘less cash’ city.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India and Myanmar has signed an MoU.
The aim is the upgradation of the Women’s Police Training Center with technical & financial assistance from Government of India, at Yamethin, Myanmar.
2. Vijaya Bank has entered a MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) for enabling all HPCL retail outlets with BHIM/UPI merchant solutions.
Through this, a customer can make payments by scanning a payment QR code.
3. Bangladesh signed a whopping USD 4.5 billion third line of credit (LoC) agreement with India for its infrastructure and social sector development.
4. Government of India and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed the Finance Contract for lending of 300 million for Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II Line.
5. IIT Kharagpur signed MoU with Samsung for Digital Academy.
The aim is to set up a digital academy on the institute’s campus.
6. India and Japan have signed Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on the “Technical Intern Training Program”
The TITP is an ambitious program to send Indian technical interns to Japan on the job training for a period of 3 – 5 years.
7. Odisha government’s Directorate of Treasuries and Inspection and State Bank of India have signed a MoU for integration of SBI e-Pay with cyber treasury.
8. Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd has signed an agreement with IREDA (Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency) for Rs.300 crore loan, in Mumbai.
9. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra has approved two new World Bank supported schemes of 6,655 crores.
Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotions (SANKALP) is Rs 4455 crore Centrally sponsored scheme.
Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) is a Rs. 2,200 crores – central sector scheme.
10. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft have teamed up to launch deep learning interface ‘Gluon’ which will help developers to deploy machine learning models across several platforms.
11. India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) have signed the IBSA Trust Fund Agreement to fight poverty in developing countries.
It was signed at the 8th IBSA trilateral Ministerial Commission Meeting in Durban, South Africa.
12. Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the International Financial Centre in Abu Dhabi, and Yes Bank have signed a MOU.
The MoU was signed to further adopt cross-border exchange between the fintech ecosystems of the United Arab Emirates and India.
13. NRDC has signed an MoU each with EBTC and Lovely Professional University.
The MoU is for capacity building in intellectual property management by organizing training programmes in IP management and patent research and analysis and commercialization of IPRs.
14. Bangladesh has signed a long-term sales and purchase MoU with an Indian Refiner to import gas oil to meet the country’s energy demand.
The MoU was signed between Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC) and Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL).
15. Central American country Nicaragua has signed the Paris Agreement on climate change to face global warming and its effects.
16. Karnataka government announced the signing of an MoU with Microsoft Corporation India Private Limited.
The aim is to empower smallholder farmers with technology-oriented solutions that will help them increase income.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released the 4th Bi-Monthly Policy 2017-18.
The Repo Rate and Reverse Repo Rate were kept unchanged at 6 percent and 5.75 percent respectively.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed certain restriction on banking activities of government-owned Oriental Bank of Commerce which has suffered huge losses due to sharp rise in bad loan.
3. HDFC Life Insurance Company has launched Neo – a servicing bot for Twitter that uses artificial intelligence for customer service.
4. Reserve Bank of India will soon launch a program ‘financial literacy’ with a cost of Rs 18.40 crore in 9 states to educate people on e-transactions.
5. ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector bank committed financial assistance of Rs. 10 crores to the Indian Armed Forces which will be used for two programs.
The first will support post-graduation of the widows of the soldiers.
While the second program will provide financial assistance for marriages of the daughters of ex-servicemen.
6. Canara bank has launched its first ‘Digital Banking Branch’ which will provide an end to end digital experience to customers at Spencer Towers in MG Road, Bengaluru.
7. SBI will set up country’s largest innovation center in Navi Mumbai with an investment of around Rs 100 crore.
The innovation center is part of a Rs 200-crore allocation that the bank has earmarked for innovation 2016.
8. SEBI modernized its committee on Marketing Infrastructure Institutions (MII) which advices it on reviewing norms related to stock exchanges and depository participants.
9. Mahindra & Mahindra has launched a programme, “Prerna” to empower women working in the agriculture sector by promoting efficient & ergonomic farm tools and equipment.
10. The Income Tax Department has launched ‘Online chat’ services for taxpayers to answer their basic queries and doubts related to the direct tax issues.
11. The State Bank of India has launched the second edition of its hackathon named ‘Digitize for bank’ that will be held from 1 – 12 November 2017.
This will focus on four Cognitive themes namely Facial Recognition, Signature Recognition, Voice based Authentication and Cheque Truncation Enhancers.
12. IndusInd bank, in association with Mobikwik had announced the launch of a co-branded wallet ‘Induslnd MobiKwik’
The aim is to allow its customers to pay at the commercial network using their accounts, with a ‘Direct Debit feature’.
13. The Asian Development bank and the Government of India signed a $300 million loan to continue a series of fiscal reforms in the State of West Bengal.
The aim is to improve the quality of public service delivery.
14. Reserve Bank of India has constituted a 10-member ‘High Level Task Force on Public Credit Registry (PCR) for India’.
The aim is to suggest a roadmap for developing a transparent, comprehensive and near-real-time PCR for India.
15. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stated that making use of the Public Finance Management System (PFMS) mandatory for all central schemes which will ensure benefits of government schemes to reach the last mile.
The move would help in tracking and monitoring the flow of funds to the implementing agencies.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. ISRO will set up a research centre in Guwahati for startups, academicians, environmentalists, and entrepreneurs.
The centre will be a research facility in Assam to explore the possibility of using geospatial technology, which includes data generated through global positioning system (GPS).
2. Indian Air Force has launched an innovative mobile health App ‘MedWatch’ on the occasion of its 85th anniversary.
The app was launched to keep up with the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digital India’.
3. The Indian Air Force (IAF) Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa launched a health mobile App Named ‘MedWatch’.
It was launched to keep up with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of ‘Digital India’.
4. The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY) has set up an internal expert committee to advise the government on a policy on AI.
The main focus is to reduce the cyber-attacks with AI.
5. NASA has approved second extension of ‘dawn mission’ at Ceres dwarf planet which is the largest object between Mars & Jupiter in the asteroid belt.
6. Indian Navy Ship “Sukanya” had arrived at Indonesia to participate in the 30th edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) and 3rd Bilateral exercise between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy.
The exercise is aimed to boost the maritime ties with countries located on the rim of the Indian Ocean.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Malaysian Grand Prix||Max Verstappen|
|2.||Gold In Wushu Worlds||Pooja Kadian|
|3.||World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship Winner (female)||Anupama Ramachandran|
|4.||First Asian Tour title||Ajeetesh Sandhu|
|5.||Japanese Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|6.||India’s First Portal for Para-Sports||thenationspride.com|
|7.||Smallest Country to Qualify for FIFA World Cup 2018||Iceland|
|8.||Indian Cricketer to retire from International cricket on 1st November||Ashish Nehra|
|9.||Country suspended from International Football by FIFA||Pakistan|
|10.||Winner at Bulgarian International Tournament||Gurusaidutt|
|11.||World Archery Youth Championship 2017||Jemson Nigthoujam & Ankita Bhakat|
|12.||Country Qualified for AFC Asian Cup 2019||India|
|13.||Tianjin Open title winner||Maria Sharapova|
|14.||Governor’s Gold Cup Football Title||Mohun Bagan|
|15.||Shanghai Masters Winner||Roger Federer|
|16.||India’s First Woman Wrestler to Sign for WWE||Kavita Devi|
|17.||Egypt Junior and Cadet Table Tennis Open Gold Medalist||Selena Selvakumar|
|18.||Asia Cup Hockey title 2017||India|
|19.||Best FIFA Player (Male)||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|20.||ISSF World Cup Final Winner||Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu|
|21.||NBA G-League Side-2nd Indian Player to be Signed||Gokul Natesan|
|22.||ISSF World Cup Final – Bronze Medalist||Amanpreet Singh|
|23.||ISSF World Cup Final Double Trap- Silver Medalist||Sangram Dahiya|
|24.||FIFA U17 World Cup Winner||England|
|25.||Third Pro Kabaddi Successive Title Winner||Patna Pirates|
|26.||Johor Cup Hockey – Bronze Medalist||Indian Junior Team|
|27.||Fastest Batsman to Score 9000 ODI Runs||Virat Kohli|
|28.||Mexican Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|29.||French Open Super Series Trophy Winner||Kidambi Srikant|
|30.||Asia Cup Hockey 2017 Tournament Winner||India|
|31.||Macau Open Winner 2017||Gaganjeet Bhullar(this was his 8th Asian title)|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S.No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||First State to get “Transgender People Toilet”||Bhopal|
|2.||Swacchata Award for Voluntary Citizen Action||KRIBHCO Fertilizer Corporative|
|3.||Swachh Iconic Place in India||Meenakshi temple|
|4.||10th Place in Global Financial Centres Index||Gujarat International Finance Tec-City|
|5.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Physiology or Medicine||Michael Rosbash, Michael W. Young & Jeffrey C. Hall|
|6.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Physics||Rainer Weiss (awarded for discovery of gravitational waves)|
|7.||Best department for contribution during Swachhta Pakhwada||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|8.||Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Award 2017||Manik Bhide|
|9.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Chemistry||Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson|
|10.||Teaching Innovator Award-2016||P C Narayan|
|11.||India’s Wealthiest Man||Mukesh Ambani|
|12.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Literature||Kazuo Ishiguro|
|13.||Anna Politkovskaya Award||Gauri Lankesh|
|14.||Nobel Prize 2017 in Peace||International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons|
|15.||Germany’s Highest Civilian Honour||Rajesh Nath|
|16.||Country’s Best Fast-Moving Consumer Goods||Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation|
|17.||18th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award||Shri Ram Nath Kovind|
|18.||National Award for Senior Citizen||Gurbax Singh Sandhu (Indian Boxing Coach)|
|19.||World’s Safest City 2017||Tokyo|
|20.||Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016||M K Sanu|
|21.||National Award for Literature||Namita Gokhale|
|22.||Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for 2017||Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak|
|23.||Brands Finance Nation Brands List 2017||India ranked at eighth position|
|24.||Country’s first Aadhaar enabled airport||Kepegowda International Airport|
|25.||Indira Gandhi National Integration Award||T M Krishna|
|26.||UN Medal for Protecting Civilians||50 Indian peacekeepers in South Sudan|
|27.||Padma Prabha Puraskara||Prabha Varma|
|28.||Life Time Achievement Award||Lord Swraj Paul|
|29.||Time Magazine’s Next Generation Leaders||Gurmehar Kaur|
|30.||Indian Institute among top 50 of QS Asia University Rankings||IIT Bombay|
|31.||Most Authentic Brand in India|
|32.||Man Booker Prize 2017||George Saunders|
|33.||Indian City ranked first in ACI – Airport Service Quality||Jaipur|
|34.||Indian City ranked second in ACI – Airport Service Quality||Srinagar|
|35.||Indian City to be ranked among World’s Worst Cities for Women||New Delhi (ranked fourth)|
|36.||Forbes World’s Highest Paid Athlete List 2017||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|37.||America’s Top Young Scientist||Gitanjali Rao|
|38.||Most Powerful Passport||Singapore|
|39.||US Award for AIDS Research||Salim Abdool Karim & Quarraisha Karim|
|40.||Industrial Innovation Award||L&T Technology Services Ltd|
|41.||7th spot in the Brand Value List of Forbes||Virat Kohli|
|42.||First Country to Grant Citizenship to a Robot||Saudi Arabia|
|43.||Best Country to Visit in ‘Best in Travel 2018’ list||Chile|
|44.||Country has 3rd Highest Number of Family-Owned Business||India|
|45.||UK’s Most Influential Black Person of the year||Gina Miller|
|46.||AICTE Award for Supporting Start-Ups||Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India|
|47.||First Indian Company to Cross Rs 6 Trillion Market Capital||Reliance Industries Ltd|
|48.||Second Largest Smartphone Market||India|
|49.||Golden Peacock Award London||N Chandrababu Naidu|
|50.||Lifetime Achievement Award||Sharmila Tagore|
|51.||Best Mobile App for Travel at Mobexx Awards||Cleartrip|
|52.||Pramod Mahajan Smriti Award||Anupam Kher|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S.No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||New Governor of Arunachal Pradesh||B.D. Mishra|
|2.||New Governor of Bihar||Satya Pal Malik|
|3.||New Governor of Tamil Nadu||Banwarilal Purohit|
|4.||New Governor of Assam||Jagdish Mukhi|
|5.||New Governor of Meghalaya||Ganga Prasad|
|6.||Lieutenant Governor of Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Devendra Kumar Joshi|
|7.||Elected Members for Sub-Categorization of other Backward ClassesChairperson||G.Rohini|
|Member(Ex-officio)-Director||Anthropological Survey of India|
|Member (Ex-officio)-Registrar||General and Census Commissioner, India|
|Chairman of Process Plant and Machinery Association, India||Yatinder Pal Singh Suri|
|8.||25th Chairman of SBI||Rajnish Kumar|
|9.||Mongolia’s New Prime Minister||Khurelsukh Ukhnaa|
|10.||Next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Macedonia||Pooja Kapur|
|11.||PNB MetLife – MD & CEO||Ashish Srivastava|
|12.||Ambassador to Principality of Monaco||V.M. Kwatra|
|13.||New President of US India Business Council||Nisha Desai Biswal|
|14.||New Chairman of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII)||Anupam Kher|
|15.||New CEO of Freecharge||Sangram Singh|
|16.||Laureus’ First Indian Ambassador||Yuvraj Singh|
|17.||Next UNESCO Chief||Audrey Azoulay|
|18.||2 New members in the Railway Board||Mahesh Kumar Gupta|
|D K Gayen|
|19.||Ambassador of India to Switzerland||Sibi George|
|20.||New CEO of HSBC||Jayant Rikhye|
|21.||CEO of Association of Mutual Funds India||NS Venkatesh|
|22.||New CBI Special director||Rakesh Asthana|
|23.||Next High Commissioner of India to Zambia||N.J. Gangte|
|24.||Vice Chief of Naval Staff||Ajit Kumar|
|25.||New World’s Richest Person||Jeff Bezos|
|26.||New PM of New Zealand||Jacinda Ardern|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||International Day of Older Persons||1st October|
|2.||Swachh Bharat Diwas||2nd October|
|3.||World Teachers Day||5th October|
|4.||International Day of the Girl Child||11 October|
|5.||International Day for Disaster Reduction||13 October|
|6.||World Standards Day||14 October|
|7.||World Students Day||15 October|
|8.||World Food Day||16 October|
|9.||International Day for the Eradication of Poverty||17 October|
|10.||Police Commemoration Day||21 October|
|11.||2nd Ayurveda Day||17 October|
|12.||United Nations Day||24 October|
|13.||World Day for Audiovisual Heritage||27 October|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Purushottam Lal – Former I&B Minister|
|2.||Kundan Shah – Filmmaker|
|3.||Lekh Tandon – Actor and filmmaker|
|4.||Roy Dotrice – British Actor|
|5.||Shamsher Khan – India’s first Olympic Swimmer|
|6.||I.V. Sasi – Legendry Indian Filmmaker|
|7.||Girija Devi – Padma Vibhushan Thumri Singer|
|8.||Punathil Kunjabdulla – Malayalam Writer|
|9.||Melanmai Ponnusamy – Tamil Writer|
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images