When your words and ideas stop and they come to a limit, what comes alive?
It is not only a technique but a way to express your thoughts more lively and effectively. It is the best way to become relaxed and fine. When you sing, music vibrations move through you and it exhilarates your entire body system, itopens your brain and helps you to think in a better way.
Incredibly good music turns your thoughts into words. It gives the joy of keep going on with whatever comes to your way. But the actual joy is when you start singing it.
Here I’m not talking about professional singers!
There are so many people who love music and want to become singers but somewhere they lose hope of singing and just give up. Are you also one of them? Here are some tips which may help you to start singing-
1. Keep Your Voice Healthy
It’s very important for you to take care of your voice. In Singing, your voice is everything so keep it clear and healthy. You may follow these steps to taking care of your voice-
- Drink lot of water, it keeps your body hydrated and makes your voice smooth.
- Avoid Screaming! Screaming is not good for your voice
- Keep your throat and neck muscles relaxed
- Don’t smoke because smoking makes it difficult to breathe.
- Take honey and lemon once a day (1 tsp honey in warm water with few drops of lemon), this will make your voice clear.
- Avoid taking cold eatables because this will make difficult for you to sing.
2. Don’t Hesitate! Just Sing it Out!
Most of the people feel shy to sing in front of others. They love to sing but only when they are alone. But if you consider singing as your passion then why to hide it from others. Nobody’s going to judge you unless you are singing for a competition, it’s all about entertainment. So don’t be afraid of singing in crowd because showing your singing talent to others will encourage you.
3. Write your Own Songs
Songs are a musical way to express thoughts, so write what you feel and compose it in your own music by singing it out in your own way. This may take time to refine your writing and composing skills but keep trying for it.
4. Don’t forget to do Singing Meditation Everyday
Meditation is must for all to keep their mind fresh. Singers should also do meditation in early morning so that they can practice well with fresh mind. The main motive of singing meditation is to help singers to reach a place inside themselves where they can connect with their spirit. Perform following steps to do singing meditation-
- Firstly, close your eyes and take a deep breathe
- Now, choose your voice compatible song to sing
- You don’t need to focus on your singing style, just sing it.
- Those people who are going through an emotional phase should listen the song that makes them feel cry because crying is sometimes beneficial to relieve your pain.
5. Practice Singing with Musical Instruments
Instruments are used to make singing more effective so try to practice your singing with instruments for at-least 15 to 20 minutes. Most of the people use electronic tanpura, guitar, harmonium and piano etc. It’s not a big problem if you don’t know how to use them, you may take help of your friends or online videos to learn to play musical instruments.
6. Take Help of Experts
A proper guidance is necessary to sing well so you may also search for best music tutors. They will help you to improve your singing abilities. The benefit of taking help of voice coach is that your practice will be scheduled to a particular time period in daily hours.
Above I have suggested some basic tips for non-singers to bring their hidden talent out. But to become professional singer, you will have to singing seriously.
Good Luck for moving towards a new musical life!