Good News for all the Assistant Professors/Professors! Big Bumper Bonus coming your way in 2017.
A panel of 5 dedicated members from University Grants Commission has conducted a meeting on 22nd Feb 2017. The main motive of this meet was to contemplate the pay revision of University & College Teachers.
After a mutual discussion, they made a smart decision of proposing 20% Hike in the salaries of UGC Lecturers & Professors. As per the UGC Salary Scheme, the existing Dearness Allowance will be merged in the basic pay, the hike is likely to be around 25% to 30%, including the HRA depending on the cadre and the seniority.
Know more about UGC NET Exam for recruitment of Assistant Professor & JRF!
The Important facts of the meeting are as follows –
1. The Salary of University & College Lecturers is expected to be increased with a hike of 25% to 30%.
Please check out the stats below –
|S. No.||Post||Current Salary (INR per month)||Proposed Salary|
2. The committee has also recommended a performance-based promotion system.
3. There will be no change in the retirement age.
4. The Retirement Age will be 65 Years as per the recommendations. Though, several state governments have not implemented even the earlier panel’s recommendation to this effect.
5. The proposed hike will be applicable to around 30,000 teachers in Central universities and over four lakhs in State varsities and colleges across the country.
6. The last pay revision took place in 2006. The panel has reportedly suggested the implementation of new pay scales with retrospective effect from January 2016 as the Central pay revision takes place every ten years while the State government pay scales are revised every five years.
7. Like the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations for the Central government employees, the UGC panel has recommended that a teacher’s starting package to be revised by a multiplier of 2.72, applied to the basic salary and academic grade pay (AGP).
Must Read –
All the above recommendations will be overviewed by the HRD Ministry. HRD Ministry has a separate committee that is dedicated to the pay scale revisions matters of the Teachers.
They will analyze the end results of these factors and plans proposed by the UGC Panel and if they found them beneficial for Teachers & Professor, they will take their action accordingly.
Hope the above post will help you in keeping your knowledge cart updated! We highly appreciate your views on the above post. Please share your feedback and valuable suggestions with us in the comment box below.