For Qualifying NTA UGC-NET June 2020 Exam, Candidates must practice the frequently asked questions from important topics of General Paper-1. Similarly, Regular Updates of Latest News & Current Affairs is also play an important role for preparation of Paper-1.
Being updated with current affairs, helps in scoring quick marks in related questions asked in exam. So, In this article, we have summarized most important current affairs of February & April, 2020 relevant for UGC-NET June 2020 Examination.
1. The CSIR of Delhi topped the Nature Ranking Index 2020 that ranks the scientific research institutes. CSIR, Delhi was followed by IISc Bangalore. The Rankings were provided based on the numbers of research output. It is indicated by total citations in numbers. It also includes shares, that is the sharing percentage of an article.
2. On February 18, 2020, the Times Higher Education Ranking was released in London. The ranking was titled “The Emerging Economies University Ranking 2020”. Around 11 Indian Universities were included in the top 100.
3.The Government of India on March 2, 2020, declared the National Chambal Sanctuary an eco-sensitive zone. This sanctuary is famous for Ganga dolphins and critically endangered crocodiles. The Ministry of Environment has declared an area to an extent of zero to two kilometres around the National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh as the Eco-Sensitive Zone.
4. Maharashtra state government is set to become single-use plastic-free by 1 May 2020. The announcement was made by the State environment minister Mr. Aaditya Thackeray.
5. Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela being organised in New Delhi by ICAR-IARI (Indian Council of Agricultural Research-Indian Agricultural Research Institute) from March 1 to 3.
6. Recently released World Economic Outlook report of the IMF places India as the fifth largest economy in the world, leaving behind the United Kingdom and France. However, the report says that India’s GDP will continue to witness slow growth in this fiscal. The United States continues to top the list of the world’s largest economies.
7. Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment ThaawarchandGehlot on December 18, 2019 released the Braille edition of 'Exam Warriors', a book authored by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The pictures in the book have been well-described for the benefit of blind readers. Braille edition in Hindi and English has been prepared at the Braille Press of Rajasthan Netraheen KalyanSangh.
8. Esteemed environmental economist and UN Environment Programme (UNEP) Goodwill Ambassador PavanSukhdev has won this year’s prestigious Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement for his work on bringing the economic consequences of environmental degradation and loss to the attention of corporate and political decision-makers.
9. Reserve Bank of India has announced a Special Liquidity Facility of Rs 50,000 crore for Mutual Funds to ease liquidity pressures on the Mutual Funds. This is a measure taken by the RBI to mitigate the economic impact of COVID-19 and preserve financial stability.
10. UN ‘Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) 2020 forecast India’s GDP for FY21 at 4.8%.
Start your Preparation with Study Material Prepared by India's Top Experts & Toppers
Trusted & Recommended by 2990+ Selected Students
💥 For More Information💥
📧 Email : email@example.com
📞Call us at +919829489592 or 1800-120-1021 (Toll Free)