Due to Exam Stress, there’s a lot of pressure on the candidates to score well, but you don’t need to get worried if you have prepared well enough.
Below in this blog, we have come up with the Important Tips to Crack the IIT JAM Exam with top scores. Follow them to achieve success!
JAM (Joint Admission Test) 2018 is scheduled to be held in the 3rd Week of February 2018.
The candidates have only a few months remaining to cover up their left-out topics and mug up those before the exam.
Know what made the IIT JAM Toppers’ score best and gain merit scores!
If you aim to score high in JAM 2018 Exam, join Eduncle for smart Preparations! Choose amongst the content rich- comprehensively designed study courses for all JAM Subjects.
We understand the anxiety which aspirants face before appearing in the exam! To ease out their worries, we have come up with a perfect study plan and preparation tips.
Essential Information here
IIT JAM Preparation Tips for Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics! [Must Read]
IIT JAM Exam is one of the toughest exams in the country. Every year thousands of candidates appear in the exam but only 1/4th of them qualify it.
It would also be fair to say that those who qualify this exam are truly brilliant people! Because it’s not an easy task to score high when you are required to solve 60 questions carrying 100 marks in 3 hours while keeping the negative marking in mind.
In such tough competition, candidates need to outsmart while preparing for the exam.
For a short preparation guide, check out the image given below –
How to Prepare for IIT JAM Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Other Subjects Without Coaching?
Let’s see what efforts you must make to crack the exam. Follow them wisely to ace the IIT JAM Exam with winning scores!
1. Begin Well with knowing the IIT JAM Syllabus & Paper Pattern
First of all, you need to know the IIT JAM Syllabus & Pattern. As you all know the syllabus is huge so start preparing few months before the exam. Don’t get messed up with the topics out of syllabus. Stick strictly to your subject’s syllabus.
2. Exam Pattern & Duration:
For all the test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only.
The JAM 2018 examination for each test papers will be carried out as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). All the seven Test Papers of JAM 2018 will be of fully objective type, with three different patterns of questions as follows:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit if he/she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s).
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions: For each NAT type question, the answer is a signed real number which needs to be entered using the virtual keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions.
There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types as given below:
Section-A contains a total of 30 MCQ carrying one or two marks each.
Section-B contains a total of 10 MSQ carrying two marks each.
Section-C contains a total of 20 NAT questions carrying one or two marks each.
3. Marking Scheme & Negative Marking
In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero mark.
In Section-A (MCQ), wrong answer will result in negative marks. For all 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
In Section-B (MSQ), there is no negative and no partial marking provisions.
There is no negative marking in Section-C (NAT) as well.
Grab the complete information about IIT JAM Paper Pattern and Marking Scheme candidates may click on the below link.
4. A meticulous study is a correct approach that can help you resolve all your doubts and attain lucid perception of various theories, concepts and their uses regarding the syllabus.
5. It is recommended to candidates that they should make a list of subjects and prioritize them based on the marks allotted to them. Now, create a timetable with the distribution of subjects. It will help you to study the different subjects according to the marks. If the distribution is not prepared, then you usually end up learning random topics, which may lead to confusion at the end.
6. Try to solve as many as IIT JAM Previous Years Papers and Mock Test Papers as it will give you a clear idea about the difficulty level, pattern, & how to allot minimum time to solve particular type of questions. This will help you know yourself, your capabilities & the field in which you are lagging.
7. Reference books are the best buy for the examination as they give a good idea, covering the complete syllabus, sample question papers and solved papers, as well.
Visit here for more guidance – IIT JAM Study Material and Books for Best Study Solution!
8. Don’t take any stress, eat well & try to sleep at fixed time and for at least 6 to 7 hours a day during your preparation.
We hope that the above-shared preparation tips will benefit you with the relaxation from exam worries and you will be able to study with a calm mind.
Still, if you have any queries, you can share them with us in the comment section below!
Suggested Reads -
All the Best Folks!