National Eligibility cum Entrance Test was successfully conducted on 06th May 2018. The paper-pen based exam was conducted for the MBBS/ BDS courses for academic session 2018-19. After successful completion of the exam, the convening authority, CBSE released NEET Merit List 2018 along with the results on 4th June 2018. The Merit List displays the name of the candidates who score qualifying marks in NEET Exam.
The NEET Merit List has been prepared and released by the CBSE for those candidates who have opted for 15% All India Quota Seats while filling up the NEET Online Application form. For the remaining 85% seats, NEET 2018 State Merit List has been prepared by the respective state authority.
CBSE has published two Merit List of NEET 2018 as per the order of Supreme Court. Also, the separate waiting list is also released by the board which includes four times the number of candidates mentioned in NEET 2018 Merit List.
Lets’ have a look at the complete details of the following in this blog.
Eligibility for CBSE NEET Merit List 2018- Know the Essential Requirements!
The eligibility criteria for NEET Merit List 2018 is specified by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India. The essential conditions require for NEET 2018 Merit List is listed below.
1. The minimum percentile marks require to score in NEET 2018 by different category candidates are:
General Category: Minimum 50th percentile marks
SC/ ST/ OBC Category: Minimum 40th percentile marks
2. If a number of candidates in respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in NEET 2018, then the minimum marks required for admission may be lowered after the judgment by appropriate authorities. However, the lowered marks would be applicable only for the specified academic year.
3. The candidates must have passed in these subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained minimum 50% marks together in these mentioned subjects in NEET 2018 Exam.
4. For candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs, a minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH /OBC-PH in Qualifying Examination is required.
5. For candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC categories, the minimum marks required in qualifying exam is relaxed to 40%.
6. In case the result of the Qualifying Examination has not been declared at the time of taking of NEET 2018, the candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance test.
However, he/she must have scored the minimum marks specified in the Qualifying Marks criteria by the time of NEET Counselling. Otherwise, their admission will be denied even if they qualify for the exam.
NEET State Merit List & Rank List 2018
NEET Merit List and NEET Rank List have separately been prepared by each state. Based on the NEET State Merit List, admission to MBBS and BDS courses will be offered in the Private/ Government Medical Colleges of the state. The important points related to NEET State Merit List are mentioned below.
CBSE has released NEET Merit list for all the qualified candidates.
Each state has different reservation policies, eligibility criteria, and admission procedure.
The eligibility for 85% quota seats are:
Candidates must have completed 10th and 12th from their respective states.
Candidate should possess a residency proof of the state.
The NEET State Merit List is released after implying respective state’s rules and norms.
The counselling for 85% quota seats will be held by the state body and for 15% All India Quota seats will be held by the Medical Council Committee.
NEET 2018 State Merit List
Check out the NEET Merit List 2018 which is based on the candidates’ scores in the exam and will be used for the admission in various MBBS and BDS colleges.
|S. No.||State Merit List 2018|
|12.||Jammu & Kashmir|
Note: Download NEET Merit List 2018 Pdf by clicking on the name of the respective state.
NEET Merit List 2018- Tie Breaking Process
In case, two or more candidates score equal marks in National Eligibility Entrance Test 2018, there are certain rules implemented by CBSE to assign ranks in NEET 2018 Merit List. The merit of the candidates is determined in the following manner.
The candidates securing higher marks in Biology (Botany and Zoology) will get the higher rank.
After Biology, candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry will get the higher rank.
Candidates who have attempted less number of wrong answers in the entrance test will be considered first.
Still, the tie persists, the candidates older in age will be given preference.
The candidates must know all the details related to NEET Merit List 2018 that are covered in this blog before he applies for the Counselling process.
We hope that the above information is useful to you. If you have any query or views, you can drop them in the comment section provided below.