All these exams would be held twice a year and sadly CBSE will no more be the convener body anymore.
In replacement to CBSE, the National Testing Agency has taken over the exam conducting authorities. However, in the case of JEE, the NTA is taking over only the responsibilities to conduct the JEE Main Exam. Therefore, the JEE Advanced will be continued to be held by one of the IITs every year.
Around 6 months back in 2017, the Union Cabinet decided that all those exam authorities who’re currently holding dozens of exams every year will be replaced by the National Testing Agency (NTA). And from July 2018, the official confirmation regarding the same has arrived.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. As per the approval of Union Cabinet, the NTA is created as a Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860.
To ensure the smooth functioning of the National Testing Agency, the Union Cabinet has decided to keep an eminent educationist (appointed by MHRD) as its Chairman. The CEO of NTA is the Director-General appointed by the Government and assisted by 9 academicians/experts.-*
Initially, NTA will take over the CBSE governed entrance exams like – JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, CTET, GATE but later or sooner, it will be replacing all the other exams’ bodies such as – AICTE, IITs, IIMs etc.
The decision to make the National Testing Agency, a replacement of CBSE, was made to bring a positive Education Reform in India. Considering various crucial factors, the Union Cabinet has reached to this final decision.
Here we’re presenting the highlights of the decision made on 10th November 2017 as well as its upcoming benefits. Please have a look below –
1. The National Testing Agency will benefit around 4 Million Students across India.
2. Initially, NTA will conduct only those entrance exams which are currently under the authorities of CBSE.
3. Gradually, it will take over other entrance exams too.
4. All the exams are being conducted in online mode.
5. To proffer more opportunities to candidates, the NTA is to hold all the exams twice a year. The aspirants will have more chances to showcase their talent and ensure their selections.
6. The Rural Area Students are to be benefitted greatly with this decision. As NTA is to locate the exam centers at sub-district/district level. Sooner, it may also start the training sessions of such candidates to take online tests effectively.
7. The agency will also bring in high reliability, standardized difficulty level to assess the aptitude, intelligence and problem-solving abilities of the students.
To fill in all the gaps within the Indian Testing System and make it an enhanced one, the National Testing Agency will be granted a fund of INR 25 Crore by the Indian Government.
As per the recently released notification, the NTA is going to start conducting the exams from 2018 onwards. In an official update regarding UGC NET, JEE Main & NEET, the National Testing Agency would conduct these exams in the month of Dec 2018, Jan 2019 & Feb 2019 respectively. For more such updates, keep visiting the following blogs & stay tuned!
Do you support the decision taken by the Union Cabinet? If yes, please share your feedback on the same. In case, you didn’t like the idea of replacing CBSE with NTA, please share out your reviews and discuss your concerns with Eduncle Team.
We’d be highly grateful to hear from you in the Comment’s Box below. Go on, folks!