What’s the next step after qualifying the IBPS SO Exam?
Interviews! Specialist Officer Mains qualification unlocks your door to move towards the next selection phase i.e. IBPS SO Interview Round.
This is the most challenging stage which requires your strenuous efforts to meet the expectations of interviewers and set yourself up for success.
Interviews are not only being conducted to test your knowledge and abilities required for the job but also to assess your personal behavior and attitude as well. Right from the moment you enter the Interview hall, you’re judged for your every gesture and words you speak. [Know how to express yourself well!]
To smooth up your experience, Eduncle has come up with the IBPS SO Interviews Tips, frequently asked questions and important things to keep in mind during Interviews.
Read the full blog to achieve your goals!
How to Prepare for IBPS SO Interviews? Important Tips You Must Follow!
To filter out the most talented and suitable candidates for the vacant posts, the IBPS along with the participating banks schedule the Interview stage for the candidates who have qualified the CWE stage.
An IBPS Specialist Officer has many responsibilities to bear, therefore he/she must be well versed in the concerned job field.
Before reading the Interview Tips, let’s see what an Interviewer seeks out in the candidates!
The Secret to win the Interviewer’s Hearts!
Every interviewer has a different opinion and different way of judging but the ultimate goal is the same – to hire the most talented ones!
Here, we are revealing the top 10 characteristics that they see in any candidate while hiring them for such prestigious position of Specialist Officer. Please have a look below!
|Personal Characteristics (Attitude, Behavior & Nature)||Self-Expression|
|Maturity & Professionalism||Personality & Dressing|
|Knowledge & Experience||Enthusiasm & Interest|
|Communication Skills||Way to Handle Things|
For a smart approach, try to inculcate these characteristics in you before going for the Interviews!
Things to do before going for the IBPS SO Interviews!
As soon as you receive the IBPS SO Results, start preparing yourself for the Interview rounds!
To make your preparations sure shot, we are presenting some quick tips below. Let’s have a look!
Research for the Indian Banking Policies & Financial System well!
Read & Learn the Most Frequently Asked Questions & Answers for SO Interviews.
Try to improve your communication skills and learn the Interview Ethics to create a first great impression on Interviewers.
Keep all the Required Documents up to Date.
Stay Updated with Daily Current Affairs & General Knowledge.
Understand the Roles of a Specialist Officer & his Job profile.
Don’t Lose Confidence & Keep Yourself Healthy.
Download the IBPS SO Interview Call Letter & Note Down the Venue, Date and Time Details!
IBPS SO Interview Questions that are asked frequently!
IBPS Specialist Officer Interview consists the questions from following categories –
Personality Based Interview Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What do you consider as your Most Significant Strengths
3. What is/are your weakness/weaknesses?
4. What is the difference between hard work and smart work?
5. How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?
6. Describe the difference between being a Manager and a Leader and a Follower?
7. Why do you choose banking sector?
8. What’s your management style?
9. How would your boss and co-workers describe you?
10. What are your hobbies and interests?
11. If you will not get success this time then what will you do?
12. What qualification do you possess?
13. What are your previous achievements?
14. Give me an example of a time you could be creative with your work. What was exciting or difficult about it?
15. Tell me about a time you were dissatisfied with your work. What could have been done to make it better?
16. What qualities should one possess to be a Bank officer? Do you think you have these qualities?
17. Share out your knowledge regarding the organization. Who is the founder of this bank? When was this bank nationalized?
18. Who is your ideal or inspiration, someone who has inspired you doing something?
19. Do you have any plans for further education?
20. Which Newspaper or Magazine you prefer to read and why?
21. What if you ever land up in a situation, where you come across a different language being used for communication. What would be your possible and first course of action?
22. Have you cleared any exam before it?
23. Tell me about a time you had to be very strategic in order to meet all your top priorities.
24. Sometimes it’s just not possible to get everything on your to-do list done. Tell me about a time your responsibilities got a little overwhelming. What did you do?
25. Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself. How did you go about ensuring that you would meet your objective?
26. Describe a time when you saw some problem and took the initiative to correct it rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
27. What do you know about banking?
28. What is Indian Economy & Constitution?
Profile Based Questions:
1. Who is a Specialist Officer and what are his duties and responsibilities?
2. Who are our major competitors and what differences do you notice in our Banking products?
3. What changes do you want to bring in your job field?
Below we are sharing some important topics that you need to cover while giving interview for either IT Officer/HR/Marketing Officer/Law Officer/Agricultural Officer –
(i). For IT Officer
List of Software, their Usage & Correct Methods to Utilize
Computer Based Knowledge
Appraisals & Promotions
(iii). Marketing Officer:
Latest Marketing Strategy
Types of Marketing
Ways to Market any Product
Bank Benefits through Marketing
(iv). Law Officer:
Legal Matters related to Bank
Bank Rules & Regulations
Important Banking Policies
Acts & MoU’s
(v). Agricultural Officer:
Professional Knowledge Questions:
1. How is your professional knowledge going to be useful for the bank?
2. What is Priority sector lending?
3. Should farmers be given loan at cheaper rate when they’re already getting a subsidy on fertilizer and diesel?
4. We should abolish the concept of CRR, and we should have just insurance of deposit? Do you agree?
5. What are the two main problems banks are facing today? And what should be done to solve them?
6. What do you think about deregulation of saving account? Is it a good step?
7. What is no frill account? How does it help in Financial Inclusion?
8. Which banking sector is stronger: Indian or Western? And why?
9. What provisions did this year’s budget have for the banking sector?
10. Do the Agricultural crops sold by the farmers in the market comes under income tax?
11. What was last year’s GDP in crores and in % growth?
12. Which banks are better Private or PSU? and why?
13. What is Inflation? How is it controlled?
14. What is HDI (Human Development Index)? How is it calculated? What is India’s rank?
15. What do you know about bancassurance? Is it good or is it bad?
16. Why should bank consider Debt equity structure of a company before loaning?
17. Why is dollar appreciating? What are merits and demerits of rupee depreciation?
Banking Related Questions:
1. What is CBS?
2. Who is the Governor of RBI/chairman of SBI?
3. Who are the deputy governors of RBI?
4. What does CORE stand for?
5. What are the basics of Monetary policy?
6. What is Plastic Currency?
7. What is ‘Green Channel’?
8. What are the functions of RBI?
9. What are the important products or schemes launched by various banks recently?
10. What the below terms mean and also name their full forms–
11. Would you like to share any ideas to improve the current banking system?
12. What is a Debit card & a Credit card?
13. Please name the different types of A/Cs and their features?
14. Explain the following terms in brief!
Fixed Deposit [Explain the min and max periods for the same]
Call Money Rate
Prime Lending Rate
15. What is the difference between Check and Draft?
16. What is ABSA account?
17. Please explain the NABARD Roles.
HR Based Questions:
1. Why do you want this job?
2. Share your thoughts on an ideal company.
3. What attracted you to this company? Or Why do you want to work at our company?
4. Why should we hire you?
5. What is the difference between confidence and over-confidence?
6. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
7. What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
8. What do you know about our company?
9. Are you willing to relocate?
10. What are your goals?
11. What makes you angry?
12. Give me an example of your creativity.
13. How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
14. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
15. Describe your ideal company, location and job.
16. Explain how would you be an asset to this organization?
17. Would you lie for the company?
18. If you won 1000 million lottery, would you still work?
19. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
20. On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer?
21. How much salary do you expect?
22. Have you applied to any other areas apart from banking?
23. What type of work environment do you prefer?
24. Can you explain why you changed career paths?
25. Do you have any location preferences?
26. Does anybody serve in the banking industry from your family? If yes, then who they are and in which bank they are serving?
27. Do you have any questions for me?
Important Topics for Current Affairs Based Questions:
Current Affairs is the essential asset to crack any Banking Interviews/Exams. Stay updated with latest happenings and events across the world!
Below we are sharing some topics that will be asked in the IBPS SO Interview Questions.
National & International Events
Bills & Acts
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Awards & Recognition
Mergers & Appointments in Banks
Name of CEO’s of Famous Banking Bodies
Economics & Banking Related Questions
Above, we have listed top Interview Questions that are asked most commonly in any IBPS SO Interviews. If you are aspiring IBPS SO 2018-19 then don’t miss any of these questions.
Prepare their answers in a decent way and stay confident during Interviews!
How to Answer during Banking Job Interviews?
Wouldn’t it be great if you knew exactly what an interviewer expects from you and what would he be asking you during the Job Interviews?
Well, you can’t read anyone’s mind so it would be better to keep yourself prepared for any question they put.
Read top 9 tips to answer effectively –
Stay Positive and Keep Smiling.
Have faith in your skills & talent.
Frame your answer in a brief manner.
Be Clear & Specific.
Don’t Lie. Turn your answer positively even if it has something wrong in it.
Correct your postures & focus on your gestures.
Keep a proper eye contact.
Be confident in whatever you’re saying.
For your queries & suggestions, please connect with us through the comment box given below. We’ll try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Thanks for Reading!