Are you aspiring for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2020?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test has been conducted on 05th May 2019. The candidates who are willing to appear in the exam must follow the NEET Rules and Regulations 2020 as prescribed by the NTA.
In 2019, the examiners were so strict for students’ dresses and accessories. There were various controversies over the dress code for NEET. So, it is important for all the candidates to know the NEET Exam Rules regarding NEET Dress Code and instructions to be followed on the exam day. If a candidate fails to follow the below mentioned NEET Exam Rules, he/ she will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Read here the complete details about the NEET 2020 Dress Code and instructions to be followed on the exam day.
After strict rules over NEET Exam Dress Code, the candidates often have queries about what dress code they should follow while going to the NEET Exam Centre. There are a lot of such questions which pop up in the minds of the candidates who appear for the exam.
Is there any dress code for NEET 2020?
Can I wear jeans for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test?
As per the NTA Guidelines, the candidates appearing for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test will have to wear half sleeves top/shirt. The candidates have to follow the Dress Code for NEET 2020, which are mentioned below.
Dress Code for NEET 2020
NEET 2020 Dress Code for Boys
NEET 2020 Dress Code for Girls
Wear light color clothes – Jeans/ Pant / Shirt (half sleeves only).
The button of the shirt should be medium size not big enough.
The Kurta & Paizama are not allowed. Shoes are also not allowed. Wear only sleepers or sandals.
Light clothes with half sleeves not having big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser, Slippers, sandals with low heels are allowed.
Shoes for the female candidate are also not allowed.
Those candidates who wish to wear a customary dress (e.g Burqa) will have to report at the allotted examination centre an hour prior to the exam, so that they could be inspected properly.
Sikh students can wear kada, kirpan inside the exam halll in the upcoming NEET Exam.
The candidates who are going to sit in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, must strictly follow the NEET 2020 Dress Code Rules and Regulations.
Below, we have listed NEET 2020 Barred Items, that are strictly not allowed in the examination hall as per the NEET Exam Rules.
The candidates are not allowed to carry items like shoes, camera, phones etc. in NEET Exam Center. The detailed list of prohibited things is given below.
|Pen Drive||Electronic Pen|
|Any Metallic Item||Any Eatable item|
|Accessories of any type – Ring, Nose Pin, Chain, Necklace, Pendant, Badge, Brooch||Water Bottle||
Watch/ Wrist Watch
|Geometry or Pencil Box||Plastic Pouch|
Writing Pad & Eraser
Check the official notification released by the Board in the image below:
Along with the List of Barred Items, NTA has released the list of items that are allowed and are must to be carried in the examination hall. Below we have listed the items and the documents that you must carry on the exam day.
One passport size photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet.
The candidate should note that the size of the photograph should be 4 x 6 with white background.
Name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph should be mentioned in the photo.
The candidate should carry his NEET 2020 Admit Card with a passport size photograph affixed to it.
Original photo identity card like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
It is very important for the candidates to know the things that have to be done and avoided on the exam day. Below we have listed the NEET Instructions that are must to be followed by all the candidates.
1. The examination center will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam. The candidates are advised to take their seats immediately after the opening of the exam hall. The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 a.m. as per the NEET Exam Rules.
2. The candidate must possess his/her admit card. If any candidate found without hall ticket, he/she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall under any circumstances.
3. The candidates must find out and occupy their allotted seats only. If anyone of them is found appearing in the test from a seat or room other than the allotted one, then his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
4. The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
5. The candidates are not allowed to leave the exam hall for any reason before the time. The NEET exam is of 3 hours duration and there is no break in between the exam. Therefore, the candidates are expected to stay in the examination hall for this time period.
6. If you create any misbehavior or disturbance at the examination center, your candidature can be cancelled as per the NEET Rules and Regulations 2020. The committee can place legal/ criminal proceedings and you can be restricted from appearing in future examinations.
After the series of NEET Controversies, the NTA has set some strict rules for NEET 2020.
We have provided the complete NEET Dress Code 2020 Rules and Instructions to be followed on the exam day. In case, you have any doubts regarding the above information, please do let us know through leaving a comment below.
For latest updates regarding the exam, follow NEET 2020 Notifications and stay tuned with Eduncle.