The admission process will begin after the declaration of PET results which will be available on http://bhuonline.in/all-result.html. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments. The concerned Head of the Department/Coordinator will e-mail call letters to the candidates for Counseling.
As soon as the electronic call letters are issued, the shortlisted candidates will be receive a password for ‘Login’ on the Candidate’ segment of the Entrance Test Portal http://www.bhuonline.in on their registered e-mail ids/ mobile numbers.
The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
The University will adopt computerized counseling procedure for admissions to various courses during the academic session 2014-15. The counseling procedure will involve following steps:
Step 1. Online Preference Entry
Every candidate called for counseling for admission to a Course shall be required to fill up an online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the on the Candidate’ segment of the Entrance Test Portal http://www.bhuonline.in for online preference entry after they have received the password.
Step 2. Activity on the day of Counselling
1. Reach the counseling venue at the prescribed time/date given in the Call letter. Contact the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
2. Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre/Venue about the available Honours/Course, Options of PG courses [in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course], locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc.
In case you want to change your preference [earlier filled up by you ONLINE], you can do at this stage. Request the Counselling Centre/Venue Incharge for change.
After preference entry form is finalized, get its printout, sign it and submit it along with other required original documents at the Verification Desk.
Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by a Candidate on the Counselling Date shall be final and shall not be changed later. The computer will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled up by the candidate and availability of seats.
3. In case you are provisionally admitted, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre/ Venue Incharge at 10:00 am on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee (regular fee) to be paid and deadline for fee payment (ordinarily 4:00 pm of the day following the Counseling date).
In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee (Regular Fee of the University):
After the candidate has received the provisional admission letter from the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge, he/she will have following options for payment of Admission Fee:
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters (check the location of the nearest Fee Counter at the Counseling Centre/Venue)
Step 3. Activity on next day of counselling date
Candidates must submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Counselling Centre/Venue Incharge latest by 04:00 pm on the next day of the Counselling (deadline for payment of Fee). This will not be required if fee is paid Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal.
You may also like to see –