Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The state which opens GST Call centres to help people- Jharkhand
2. The village adopted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Wrestlers- Kakarahia
3. Foundation Stone for Country’s Biggest Global Skill Park
Total cost of construction- 645 crore rupees.
Training will be imparted to 1000 students every year.
4. Karnataka launched Elevate 100 Scheme to identify and nurture 100 most innovative start -ups in the state.
5. JIGYASA- Student- Scientist Connect Programme - Implemented by CSIR and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
The main focus of the program is to connect school students and scientists as well as to extend student’s classroom learning to a very well-planned research laboratory based learning.
6. 4 Digital Initiatives to push E-Education launched-HRD Ministry.
National Academic Depository
National Digital Library
7. Walled city of Ahmedabad declared as India’s World Heritage City by World Heritage Committee of UNESCO.
First Indian city to get the honour.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. 12th G20 Summit held in Hamburg, Germany.
Leaders of G-20 countries agreed for taking concrete steps to stop funding of the terror activities.
2. India and Bangladesh decided to construct a bridge over Mizoram’s Khawthlangtuipui river (also known as Karnaphuli river).
The aim is to facilitate trade and to improve communication between the two countries.
3. 5th Meeting of BRICS Ministers of Education was held in Beijing, China.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Indus Operating System partners with YES Bank.
The aim is to launch Operating System integrated UPI (Unified Payment Interface) payment platform in India.
2. South Indian Bank tied up with PFG Forex.
Under this arrangement, NRIs can enjoy cost-effective and fast remittance services using SIB’s Express facility.
3. Canara, HSBC, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Life Insurance ties up with Dhanlaxmi Bank for marketing bancassurance.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. 7 MoU between India and Israel.
MoU for setting up of India-Israel Industrial R&D & Technological Innovation Fund (I4F).
MoU for Conservation of Water in India.
MoU on State Water Utility Reform in India.
India-Israel Development Cooperation- 3-year work program in Agriculture (2018-2020).
Plan of Cooperation regarding Cooperation in Atomic Clocks.
MoU regarding Cooperation in GEO-LEO Optical Link.
MoU regarding Cooperation in Electric Propulsion for Small Satellites.
2. 65 MoUs signed at Textiles India 2017.
The MoUs signed related to exchange of information and documentation, Research & Development, commercialization of handloom products and silk production, cooperation in Geo textiles, skill development the supply of cotton and trade promotion with overseas partners, etc.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. RBI has issued directions on Customer Protection – Limiting Liability of Customers in unauthorized Electronic Banking Transactions.
If the customers report to the banks regarding the loss they suffer through online banking transactions within three days, then the amount involved will be credited to their accounts within a time period of 10 days.
2. Karnataka Bank has unveiled KBL Image Credit Card to transform customer satisfaction to customer delight.
3. Svatantra Microfin launched Cashless Solution App Saathi.
This app will help in handling the operations in areas such as loan originating system, loan management system and collections.
4. Punjab National Bank will block all Maestro debit cards from 31st July.
PNB Maestro debit cards holders will face a card blockage if they fail to replace it with a more secure EMV chip based card by the end of this month.
5. FINO Payments Bank becomes payments bank with effect from 30th June 2017 – Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
The other applicants which have launched payment bank operations are Airtel M Commerce Services, Department of Posts and Paytm Payments Bank.
6. The state which has joined the Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017 after 1st July- Jammu & Kashmir.
7. Restrictions on cash dealings of 2 lakh rupees or more will not apply to credit card bill payments, business correspondents appointed by banks and issuers of prepaid instruments- Revenue Department.
8. The price of every packaged goods will be decided by its MRP with effect from 1st January 2018.
The retail sale price shall be the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) inclusive of all taxes, with the provision to round off the price to the nearest rupee or 50 paise.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. India, Japan and US navies have kicked off 2017 MALABAR Trilateral Naval Exercise near Chennai in Bay of Bengal.
2. Scientists have developed the World’s Sharpest Laser with record-breaking precision.
This newly developed laser has linewidth of only 10 millihertz (0.01 Hz), — closer to the ideal laser than ever before.
3. Quick Reaction Surface to Air (QRSAM), a short-range missile successfully test-fired from Odisha Coast- DRDO.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||Asian Athletics Championships 2017 Gold Medalists||Women’s Shotput event-Manpreet Kaur|
|Men’s 5000 metres event-Govindan Laxman|
|2.||South Australian Open Squash Title||Harinder Pal Sandhu|
|3.||2017 Confederations Cup Final||Germany|
|4.||FIA Formula 3 European Championship race||Jehan Daruvala|
|5.||Austrian Grand Prix Winner||Valtteri Bottas- (Mercedes)|
|6.||Pakistan’s Test Team Captain||Sarfraz Ahmed|
|7.||FIFA World Ranking 2017||India reached 96th position|
|8.||Asian Snooker Team Championship at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan||Pankaj Advani and Laxman Rawat|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S.No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||PM’s trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant||Tata Steel|
|2.||2017 Trafficking in Person Report Hero Award by US State Department||Mahesh Muralidhar (Telangana IPS Officer)|
|3.||Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award 2017.||Shantanu Narayen (Adobe Chief)|
|Vivek Murthy (US Surgeon General)|
|4.||Indian of the Year Award||Preeti Shenoy (Writer)|
|5.||GSMA Asia Mobile Award||Health Ministry’s Mobile App eVIN|
|6.||Mohun Bagan Ratna Award||Subrata Bhattacharya (Indian footballer)|
|7.||Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) released by ITU.||India ranked at 23rd position out of 165 nations|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S.No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||IIT Kharagpur Chairman||Sanjiv Goenka|
|2.||Hong Kong’s First Female Leader||Carrie Lam|
|3.||New Chief Election Commissioner||Achal Kumar Jyoti|
|4.||New Secretary (Economic Relations) in Ministry of External Affairs||Vijay Gokahle|
|5.||Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Chief||RK Pachnanda|
|6.||Tata Global Beverages Limited Chairman||N Chandrasekaran|
|7.||Ambassador of Realty Firm Signature Global||Vidya Balan|
|8.||New Attorney General of India||KK Venugopal|
|9.||Head of Indian Consulate in New York||Sandeep Chakravorty (Indian Ambassador to Peru)|
|10.||President of Mongolia||Khaltmaa Battulga|
|11.||WHO’s Goodwill Ambassador for Autism in South-East Asia||Saima Wazed (from Bangladesh)|
|12.||Next Ambassador of India to Indonesia||Pradeep Kumar Rawat|
|13.||Director General of National Disaster Response Force||Sanjay Kumar|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||National Doctors Day / National CA Day||1st July 2017|
|2.||World Sports Journalists Day||2nd July|
|Introduction – The day was established by International Sports Press Association (AIPS) in 1994 to mark the 70th anniversary of its foundation.|
|3.||World Zoonoses Day||6th July|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Madhukar Todarma (Veteran Marathi Actor-Writer)|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||CSIR||Council for Scientific and Industrial Research|
|2.||UNESCO||The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|3.||GST||Goods & Service Tax|
|4.||HSBC||Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation|
|5.||DRDO||Defence Research and Development Organisation|
|6.||FINO||Financial Inclusion Network & Operations|
|7.||FIFA||Federation International de Football Association|
|8.||GEO||Geosynchronous Earth Orbit|
|9.||LEO||Low Earth Orbit|
|10.||FINO||Financial Inclusion Network & Operations|
|11.||ITU||International Telecommunication Union|
|12.||GSMA||Global System Mobile Association|
|13.||WHO||World Health Organization|
|14.||eVIN||Electronic Vaccine Intelligent Network|
|15.||GCI||Global Cybersecurity Index|
|16.||G-20||Group of Twenty|
|17.||BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa|
|18.||UPI||Unified Payment Interface|
|19.||SIB||South Indian Bank|
|20.||KBL||Karnataka Bank Limited|
|21.||PNB||Punjab National Bank|
|22.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|23.||MRP||Maximum Retail Price|
|24.||QRSAM||Quick Reaction Surface to Air|
|25.||EMV||Europay, MasterCard and Visa|
|26.||IIT||Indian Institute of Technology|
|27.||ITBP||Indo Tibetan Border Police|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –