Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated World Food India 2017 on 3rd November 2017 in New Delhi.
The theme of the event was “Transforming the Food Economy”.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated Global Clubfoot Conference organized by CURE India in New Delhi.
3. Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM), a nationwide talent search exam will be held on 26th November 2017.
It is an initiative to give a boost to learning of science, technology and mathematics among youth-especially school students.
4. The CCEA has approved the continuation of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) as Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana- Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied Sector Rejuvenation (RKVY-RAFTAAR) for three years i.e. 2017-18 to 2019-20.
5. Uttar Pradesh cabinet has approved Blackbuck Conservation Reserve in trans- Yamuna belt near Allahabad.
6. The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued a notification to make FASTag mandatory for all new four-wheelers from 1st December 2017.
The notification follows an amendment to Central Motor Vehicle (CMV) Rules, 1989 made by the Central Government as per powers vested in it under Motor Vehicles Act 1989.
7. Union Government has launched Food Regulatory Portal and Investor Facilitation Portal. They were launched on the sidelines of World Food India 2017 Expo
8. The Union Ministry of Communications has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana, a pan India scholarship program for school children to increase the reach of Philately.
The SPARSH stands for Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby.
9. The 9th edition of CMS Vatavaran – an international film festival on environment and wildlife – has begun in New Delhi.
The theme of the fest is “Conservation 4 Water“.
10. Tata Group is India’s most valuable brand with its brand value estimated at 73,944 crores.
It is followed by Reliance Jio & Airtel with a brand value of 38,212 crores and 36,927 crores respectively.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. The bilateral military exercise PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017 between India and Kazakhstan began at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh. ‘Prabal Dostyk’ means ‘Robust Friendship’.
2. IEF 7th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7) was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
3. Kazakhstan will change its name to Qazaqstan by 2025 in a challenge to Russian influence over the country.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. Goa Government has signed trilateral MoU with Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology and Nobel Media, Sweden to host Nobel Prize Series-India in February 2018.
2. India and Armenia have signed an agreement on cooperation and mutual assistance in custom matters.
The agreement will provide a legal framework for sharing of information and intelligence between Customs authorities of two countries.
3. ISA and EBRD have signed Joint Financial Partnership Declaration on renewable energy projects around the world.
4. Assam government has MoUs and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling youth of the state.
The MoU and ToR for North East Skills Centre (NESC) were signed between Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department, of Assam government and ITE Education Service, Singapore.
5. Private sector lender Yes Bank has signed an agreement with the government to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects.
The funding will be provided to around 100 food processing projects.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. CBDT has signed seven unilateral advance pricing agreements (APAs) in October 2017.
With this, the total number of APAs entered into by CBDT now stands at 184.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has made 20-digit Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) compulsory for companies having aggregate fund-based and non-fund based exposure over Rs 5 crore.
3. Yes Bank has unveiled a superior payment wallet service, BHIM Yes Pay by fully integrating the application with all the IndiaStack APIs and NPCI Products.
Yes Bank has over 5.5 lakh registered users on BHIM Yes Pay.
4. ICICI Bank has launched voice-based international remittance service on its Money2India application.
This would enable a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) customer of ICICI Bank to send money to any bank in India via just a simple voice command on his/her Apple iPhone/iPad.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. The Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 in Parliament to amend National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Act, 1993.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. The first tri-service Armed Forces (Army, Navy, & Air Force) exercise INDRA 2017 between India and Russia conducted at the 249th Combined Army Range Sergeevisky and in Sea of Japan near Vladivostok.
2. The bi-annual multilateral exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’ has started at Uvda Air Force Base in Israel from 2nd to 16th November 2017.
In it, 45- member contingent of the IAF is participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud Commandos.
3. DRDO has successfully tested indigenously developed light weight glide bomb Smart Anti Airfield Weapon (SAAW).
It reached the targets at greater than 70 km range, with high accuracies.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Commonwealth Shooting Championship 10-m Air Pistol Gold Medalist||Heena Sidhu|
|2.||Commonwealth Shooting Championship 50-m Air Pistol Silver Medalist||Gagan Narang|
|3.||Tennis Player recently announced retirement||Martina Hingis|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award 2017||Girish Karnad|
|2.||Jnanpith Award 2017||Krishna Sobti (Hindi Writer)|
|3.||UNESCO Asia-Pacific award for cultural heritage conservation programme.||Sri Ranganathaswamy temple (Tamil Nadu)|
|4.||Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award of the Year||Javed Akhtar|
|5.||Kerala’s highest Literary Honour ” Ezhuthachan Puraskaram”||K Satchidananda (Malayalam Writer)|
|6.||UNESCO Asia-Pacific Award for Cultural Heritage Conservation||Mumbai’s Royal Opera House|
|7.||Forbes’ Top 100 Most Powerful Women||ICICI bank’s CEO Chanda Kochhar- 32nd Position|
|Priyanka Chopra-97th position|
|8.||Asia’s Richest Person||Mukesh Ambani|
|9.||Top-Earning Dead Celebrity||Michael Jackson (awarded 5th time)|
|10.||Country tops the WHO’s List of New Tuberculosis Cases in 2016||India|
|11.||Top position in Gender Vulnerability Index||Goa|
|12.||Bottom position in Gender Vulnerability Index||Bihar|
|13.||Dun & Bradstreet Award||Tata Power Solar|
|14.||Airline of the Year||Air New Zealand|
|15.||World Bank’s Doing Business Report 2018.||India ranks at 100th position|
|16.||Host Country of World Youth Forum 2017||Egypt|
|17.||Global Gender Gap Index 2017||India ranks at 108th position|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||India’s new high commissioner to Pakistan.||Ajay Bisaria|
|2.||Karnataka’s First Woman Police Chief||Neelamani N. Raju|
|3.||New Global Managing Director & CEO of Tata Steel||T V Narendran|
|4.||Consul General of Korea||Suresh Chukkapalli|
|5.||New CEO of Bharti AXA Life||Vikas Seth|
|6.||Private Secretary to President||Vikram Singh|
|7.||Japan’s new Prime Minister||Shinzo Abe (re-elected)|
|8.||BSF-Additional Director General||Shri Nasir Kamal|
|9.||Ambassador of Youth World Championships||Mary Kom|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||World Cities Day||31 October|
|2.||Rashtriya Ekta Diwas||31 October|
|3.||International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists||2 November|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||ISA||International Solar Alliance|
|2.||EBRD||European Bank for Reconstruction and Development|
|3.||IAF||Indian Air Force|
|4.||DRDO||Defence Research and Development Organisation|
|5.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|6.||SPARSH||Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby|
|7.||BSF||Border Security Force|
|8.||RKVY||Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana|
|9.||CBDT||Central Board of Direct Taxes|
|10.||BHIM||Bharat Interface for Money|
|11.||ICICI||Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India|
|12.||NCTE||National Council for Teacher Education|
|13.||SAAW||Smart Anti Airfield Weapon|
|14.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|15.||WHO||World Health Organization|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –