Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Bills [Amendments & New]|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. The new taxpayer service module launched by Finance Minister to provide better taxpayer services – Aaykar Setu
2. Karnataka government has constituted a committee to study legalities for the separate state flag.
Members of the committee includes –
Secretaries to the Departments of Personnel and Administrative Services, Home, Law and Parliamentary Affairs
President of Kannada Sahitya Parishat
Chairman of Kannada Development Authority
Vice-chancellor of Kannada University, Hampi
Director of Department of Kannada and Culture
3. Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated 12 low cost dwelling units “Ashiana Annexe” in Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
It is constructed to accommodate officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan during Presidential visits.
4. First State to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll -Rajasthan
5. Indian Railways launched a virtual server that enables faster connectivity at a reduced cost- RailCloud
6. DIPP will establish India’s first Technology and Innovation Support Center (TISC) at Patent Information Centre, Punjab.
7. India’s first solar powered Diesel Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train launched- Indian Railways.
It is 1600 Horse Power (HP) train with all solar powered coaches.
8. Raipur’s Swami Vivekananda Airport was ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Survey among 49 airports in the country.
It has achieved 4.84 scores on a five- point scale index.
9. A new family planning initiative launched to focus on 146 districts in 7 states with high Total Fertility Rate- Mission Parivar Vikas
10. 3 Best performing states in Ease of doing business- Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat
11. The First edition of WINGS 2017 – “Sab Uden, Sab Juden”- Expanding Regional Connectivity was hosted in New Delhi by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Civil Aviation Minister – P. Ashok Gajapathi Raju
12. First state to launch free injectable contraceptive for women – Maharashtra
13. New name for Urban Development & Housing Ministry- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. A men-only Okinoshima Island in Japan where women are banned has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
2. Malta becomes the 24th country to legalize same sex marriage.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Axis Bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to facilitate trade with Latin America and the Caribbean.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. 5 States and a Union Territory (UT) have formally adopted the Centre’s Government e-Marketplace (GeM) initiative.
They are Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh and Puducherry (UT).
2. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a MoU with the Government of West Bengal to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine at Kolkata.
The government approved initiative with an outlay of approximately Rs.200 Crores.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. YES Bank, India’s fourth largest private sector bank has launched ‘YES GST’ program for MSMEs under its MSME CSR initiative ‘Say YES to Sustainable MSMEs in India’.
2. India contributed an additional $1 million to India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
The fund was launched to support sustainable development projects across the developing world.
3. GMR Goa International Airports Limited (GGIAL) has successfully executed a debt facility arrangement with Axis Bank.
The bank will provide the company with Rs. 1330 crore.
4. Yes Bank received $ 150 million funding from the US government and Wells Fargo.
This was done to increase lending to support women entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises in India.
Bills [Amendments & New] – See How Many New Bills have been passed in 2017
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to Maharashtra Prohibition of People from Social Boycott (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Bill, 2016.
Maharashtra is the first state in the country to formulate a law to punish social boycott.
2. United States House of Representatives has passed an amendment to National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), 2018, a $621.5 billion defence expenditure bill to advance defence cooperation with India.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. First space probe to complete flyby of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot – NASA’s Juno spacecraft
2. Indigenously developed S-band Doppler Weather Radar (DWR) of India Meteorological Department (IMD) was commissioned at Palluruthy in West Kochi, Kerala.
3. Scientists have discovered the smallest star in the universe - EBLM J0555-57Ab.
4. Indian scientists discovered extremely large supercluster of galaxies located in the direction of constellation Pisces – Saraswati
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|1.||First Women Cricket player to score 6000 runs in ODI cricket||Mithali Raj (Indian Women’s Cricket Team Captain)|
|2.||Host country of 8th International Theatre Olympics 2018||India|
|3.||World Para Athletics Championships Gold Medalist (Javelin throw event)||Sundar Singh Gurjar|
|4.||Victorian Open Squash Tournament Winner||Harinder Pal Sandhu|
|5.||2017 Wimbledon Championship Winner||Rodger Federer (This was his 8th Wimbledon title)|
|6.||Ladies European Tour Winner||Atthaya Thitikul|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Australia’s Highest Civilian Award: Order of Australia Winner||Guruswamy Jayraman|
|2.||2017 SDG index||India ranked 116 among 157 nations|
|3.||Sportsperson of the Year Award||P V Sindhu (Badminton)|
|4.||Golden Peacock Award for the Year 2017 for Eco-Innovation||Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF)|
|5.||Asia Pacific App of the Year at FbStart Apps of the Year Awards||Maya (Bangalore based Mobile app)|
|6.||Personality of the Year’ Award (by Skoch Consultancy Services)||Kishore Sansi, Managing Director and CEO of Vijaya Bank|
|7.||TIMES NOW ICICI Bank NRI of the Year Awards 2017||India’s Global Icon-Shri A S Kiran Kumar- (ISRO Chairman)|
|Global Indian Impact Icon-Bahubali movie|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Head Coach of Indian Cricket Team||Ravi Shastri|
|2.||Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI)||John Joseph|
|3.||Brand Ambassador of Indian Indoor Cricket Team||Sandeep Patil|
|4.||New BCCI Chairperson||Justice Vikramjit Sen|
|5.||Indian Cricket Team Bowling Coach||Zaheer Khan|
|6.||New director-general of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DG-DRI)||Debi Prasad Dash|
|7.||UNICEF’s Global Good Will Ambassador||Lilly Singh (“Superwoman”)|
|8.||Twitter’s New Chief Financial Officer||Ned Segal (former Goldman Sachs banker)|
|9.||Chief Digital Officer of Tata Sons||Aarthi Subramanian|
|10.||MD & CEO of Oriental Bank of Commerce||Mukesh Kumar Jain|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|1.||World Population Day||11th July|
|2.||Malala Day||12th July|
|3.||World Youth Skills Day||15th July|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Liu Xiaobo-China’s Nobel laureate|
|2.||Naresh Chandra- Former Indian Ambassador to US|
|3.||Professor P Chandra Sekharan- Forensic Expert|
|4.||Mangesh Tendulkar- India’s Cartoonist|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||DIPP||Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion|
|2.||TISC||Technology and Innovation Support Center|
|3.||DEMU||Diesel Multiple Unit|
|4.||CSI||Customer Satisfaction Index|
|5.||MoHUA||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|6.||UNESCO||The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|7.||IIC||Inter-American Investment Corporation|
|8.||MSME||Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises|
|10.||GGIAL||GMR Goa International Airports Limited|
|11.||NDAA||National Defense Authorization Act|
|12.||NASA||National Aeronautics and Space Administration|
|13.||IMD||India Meteorological Department|
|14.||ODI||One Day International|
|15.||SDG||Sustainable Development Index|
|16.||IROAF||Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel|
|17.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|18.||ICICI||Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India|
|19.||DG GSTI||Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence|
|20.||DG-DRI||Director General of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence|
|21.||UNICEF||United Nations Children’s Fund|
|23.||ISRO||Indian Space Research Organization|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –