Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
|Recent Deaths Updates|
|Banking & Economics Affairs|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister has launched Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shram Anna Sahayata Yojna under which nutritious meal for Rs 5 will be provided to labourers in the state.
2. A major IT firm along with Maharashtra Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) is building a tool for storage of DNA profile of criminals to help police investigations.
3. The fifth edition of the North-East Festival will begin in New Delhi on 3rd November 2017.
4. The government has decided to set up an inter-ministerial committee to monitor implementation of measures to check rise in financial cybercrimes.
5. The Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu released a Commemorative Coin on Bharat Ratna Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi.
He also inaugurated an exhibition entitled “Kurai Onrum Illai-MS: Life in Music” on the occasion of Birth Centenary Commemoration of Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi.
6. The Union Minister of State Dr. Jitendra Singh has inaugurated first ‘Pension Adalat’, which is devoted to resolve the issues and grievances related to pensioners.
7.Himachal Pradesh became the first state of India to introduce electrical bus service in the country.
This new initiative will boost the green transport in the state and will surely motivate other states to also implement such kind of green transportation.
8. The International Association for Adolescent Health’s 11th World Congress on Adolescent Health will be held in New Delhi from 27 – 29th October 2017.
The theme for 2017 will be ‘Investing in Adolescent Health-The Future is Now’.
9. The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, dedicated to the nation, the Deendayal Hastkala Sankul – A trade facilitation Centre for handicrafts at Varanasi.
10. NITI Aayog and Govt. of Assam launched SATH – Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Guwahati.
It aims to provide structured support to Assam in identifying key health priorities.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced “Saubhagya Scheme” for providing 24X7 electricity to all on 25th September 2017.
The scheme aims to cover all rural families after expected electrification of all villages by December end this year.
12. Jammu and Kashmir governor inaugurated the Second International Yoga Festival and International Yoga Sports Championship 2017 in which about 300 people from across the world are participating.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous exponents of the ancient Indian yoga practice.
The stamps on Bishnu Charan Ghosh, his son Biswanath Ghosh, daughter Karuna Ghosh and Karuna’s father in law Asutosh Ghosh.
2. First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) from 10 – 13th October 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
3. The US will provide a humanitarian aid package worth $32 million to the Rohingya Muslim minority.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. India and Sri Lanka signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
The aim is to upgrade Thondaman Vocational Training Centre(TVTC), Hatton located in Nuwara Eliya District of Sri Lanka.
2. Three state-run PSUs - National Aluminium Company (Nalco), Hindustan Copper (HCL) and MECL have signed an MoU to form a joint venture “Khanij Bidesh India Ltd”.
The proposed JV will identify, explore, acquire, develop and process strategic minerals overseas for commercial use and to meet domestic supply needs.
3. A MoU was signed by Lt Gen Ashwani Kumar and Prof. E Vayunandan, Vice Chancellor at Maharashtra Open University.
The University will award Diploma in Self-Empowerment and a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Commerce under – PROJECT YASH VIDYA enabling them with academic qualifications for better future.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. According to a survey HSBC has said India is likely to overtake Japan and Germany to become the third largest economy in the next 10 years but needs to be consistent in reforms and focus more on the social sector.
2. India has replaced China as the numero uno retail destination in 2017 as part of the global retail development index, according to industry experts.
3. India gets its first high horse power Locomotive with the bodyshell of 12000 HP loco from Alstom France.
This is the first major FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) project in the rail sector.
4. According to OECD – India’s economy will likely grow 6.7% in the Financial year 2018, lower than its estimate of 7.3% in June due to the temporary impact of the rollout of the goods and services tax and demonetization.
5. According to a survey conducted by Brand Finance, London – State Bank of India (SBI) is India’s most trusted and most popular bank in India.
6. ADB has approved a loan of USD 300 million to continue a comprehensive series of fiscal reforms in West Bengal to bring about more accessible, affordable, and high quality public services.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. The state-owned Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai delivered the first of six scorpion class submarines to the Indian Navy. The submarine, INS Kalvari will be commissioned soon.
It will replace the Indian Navy’s aging Sindhughosh and Shishumar class of submarines.
2. A multi-agency exercise was conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake – ‘Pralay Sahayam’
National Disaster Relief Force (NDRF) and the Armed Forces towards jointly tackling an urban flooding scenario in Hyderabad.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||Singapore Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|2.||Women’s pentathlon fifth Asian Games Gold Medalist||Purnima Hembram|
|3.||First Indian AIBA representative at IOC athletes’ forum||MC Mary Kom|
|4.||ITF Men’s Future Tennis Tournament Winner||Sasi Kumar Mukund|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||ANR National Award||S S Rajamouli|
|2.||UN peace prize “Annual Nansen”||Zannah Mustapha|
|3.||First Asian man to win Emmy Award in Acting||Riz Ahmed|
|4.||Rajbhasha Keerti Award||IIM Ahmedabad|
|5.||128th Rank in Health-Related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)||India|
|6.||India’s Entry to Oscars – 2018||Bollywood film Newton|
|7.||Von Hippel Award||Prof CNR Rao for materials research|
|8.||Ranked 3rd Country to face most Natural Disasters||India|
|9.||UN Equator Prize||Pune NGO for women farmers – Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP)|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||Brand Ambassador for Swachh Bharat Mission in Uttarakhand||Akshay Kumar|
|2.||Chief of National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Y.C Modi|
|3.||Peru’s new Chief Minister||Araoz|
|4.||New president of News Broadcasters Association (NBA)||Rajat Sharma|
|5.||New High Commissioner to Pakistan||Ajay Bisaria|
|7.||NPCI interim Board chairman||B Sambamurthy|
|8.||Next Ambassador of India to Estonia||Vani Sarraju Rao|
|9.||Next Ambassador of India to Palau||Jaideep Mazumdar|
|10.||NHPC Ltd as Chairman & Managing Director||Balraj Joshi|
|11.||Next Comptroller & Auditor General (CAG)||Rajiv Mehrishi|
|12.||One-year extension as a CEA||Arvind Subramanian|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||International Day of Peace||21 September|
|2.||World Alzheimer’s Day||21 September|
Recent Deaths of Famous Personalities | Know who died today?
|1.||Mahant Chand Nath – BJP MP|
|2.||Jamaica’s Violet Brown – Japan’s oldest women 117|
|3.||Dr Kirpal Chugh – India’s father of nephrology|
|4.||Shakila – Bollywood Actress|
|5.||Jake LaMotta – Boxing legend|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||FSL||Forensic Science Laboratory|
|3.||ATH||Action for Transforming Human Capital|
|4.||NITI||National Institution for Transforming India|
|5.||SDGs||Sustainable development goals|
|6.||WHO||World Health Organization|
|7.||NDRF||National Disaster Response Force|
|8.||BIMSTEC||Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical & Economic Cooperation|
|9.||NCR||National Capital Region|
|10.||GHMC||Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation|
|11.||USA||United Nations of America|
|12.||RBI||Reserve Bank of India|
|14.||PSU||Public Sector Undertaking|
|15.||Nalco||National Aluminium Company|
|16.||HCL||Hindustan Copper Limited|
|17.||IIS||Indian Institute of Science|
|19.||NBA||News Broadcasters Association|
|20.||FDI||Foreign Direct Investment|
|21.||SBI||State Bank of India|
|22.||ADB||Asian Development Bank|
|23.||IOC||International Olympic Committee|
|24.||USD||United States Dollar|
|25.||CAG||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|26.||CEA||Chief Economic Adviser|
|27.||NPCI||National Payments Corporation of India|
|28.||NIA||National Investigation Agency|
|29.||ANR||Akkineni Nageswara Rao|
|30.||ATH||Action for Transforming Human Capital|
|31.||MECL||Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited|
|32.||OECD||Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development|
|33.||HSBC||Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –