Read the Daily & Weekly Current Affairs and GK Updates Ques & Ans here. Get Free Access to Competitive Exams General Knowledge Quiz in GK Eduwrap.
It covers the Important Current Affairs in a comprehensive manner ensuring you to prepare confidently for the General Awareness Section in Popular Bank Exams & Government Exams.
We have catered the Important GK Updates from the major Current Affairs Categories below. Please have a look –
Choose the Section You’d like to Read – Use these links!
|Science & Technology Events|
|Awards & Honours List|
|Appointments GK Updates|
To get the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap in PDF Format, please click the button below -
National Current Affairs | Access the Latest Happenings across India
1. President Ram Nath Kovind has launched “Mata Amritanandamayi” initiative to provide clean drinking water to 10 million villagers across the nation.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched “Intensified Mission Indradhanush”.
Through this programme, Government of India aims to reach each & every child under 2 years of age and all those pregnant women, who have been left uncovered under the routine immunization programme.
3. Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has inaugurated the two-day Yoga for wellness at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi on 10tth October 2017.
4. Uttarakhand State Government has launched Solar Briefcase to provide electricity in far-flung areas in the hill state.
The scheme is launched by Uttarakhand State Government and a charitable funding agency named Swan Cultural Center and Foundation at Kedarnath Dham.
5. Fintech company Mastercard announced the launch of its ‘Global Research & development arm’ Mastercard Labs in Pune, India.
After Singapore this will be the 2nd Mastercard Labs in Asia-Pacific and ninth in the world.
It aims to bring payment and technology ideas at a fast pace in the country.
6. The 5th India-Sri Lanka joint training exercise “Mitra Shakti 2017” was held Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
The aim of joint training is to exchange best of military practices of two countries and build strong military-to-military (M2M) relation between two armies.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to give Rs 10,000 crore for the development of top 20 universities to ensure that the top-ranking institutions are counted among the best in the world.
International Current Affairs | Know What’s happening around the World
1. United Nations & Israel announced that they will withdraw from UNESCO.
2. The Union Minister Arun Jaitley participated in the G – 20 Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting in Washington D.C.
The discussion focused on Global Economy & Framework for Growth, Compact with Africa & International Financial Architecture.
Merger and Acquisition | Stay Updated with Insights of Major Companies & Organizations
1. Axis Bank has tied up with Freecharge, the merger is aimed to strengthening its position in the payments space.
2. Visa has tied up with the Andhra Pradesh government for Digital Dhan Sankalp project.
It is an initiative to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first ‘less cash’ city.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) | Get the Best Information Out of Top Agreements
1. IIT Kharagpur signed MoU with Samsung for Digital Academy.
The aim is to set up a digital academy on the institute’s campus.
2. India and Japan have signed Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on the “Technical Intern Training Program”
The TITP is an ambitious program to send Indian technical interns to Japan on the job training for a period of 3 – 5 years.
3. Odisha government’s Directorate of Treasuries and Inspection and State Bank of India have signed a MoU for integration of SBI e-Pay with cyber treasury.
4. Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd has signed an agreement with IREDA (Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency) for Rs.300 crore loan, in Mumbai.
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra has approved two new World Bank supported schemes of 6,655 crores.
Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotions (SANKALP) is Rs 4455 crore Centrally sponsored scheme.
Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) is a Rs. 2,200 crores – central sector scheme.
6. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft have teamed up to launch deep learning interface ‘Gluon’ which will help developers to deploy machine learning models across several platforms.
Science & Technology Current Events | Stay Advanced with Latest Inventions
1. Indian Air Force has launched an innovative mobile health App ‘MedWatch’ on the occasion of its 85th anniversary.
The app was launched to keep up with the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Digital India’.
Banking Awareness & Economics Current Affairs | Understand the Top Trends in India
1. Reserve Bank of India will soon launch a program ‘financial literacy’ with a cost of Rs 18.40 crore in 9 states to educate people on e-transactions.
2. ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector bank committed financial assistance of Rs. 10 crores to the Indian Armed Forces which will be used for two programs.
The first will support post-graduation of the widows of the soldiers.
While the second program will provide financial assistance for marriages of the daughters of ex-servicemen.
3. Canara bank has launched its first ‘Digital Banking Branch’ which will provide an end to end digital experience to customers at Spencer Towers in MG Road, Bengaluru.
4. SBI will set up country’s largest innovation center in Navi Mumbai with an investment of around Rs 100 crore.
The innovation center is part of a Rs 200-crore allocation that the bank has earmarked for innovation 2016.
Sports Current Affairs | Read all the Major Achievements in Popular Tournaments
|S. No.||Tournaments/Sports Names||Winners||Pictures|
|1.||World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship Winner (female)||Anupama Ramachandran|
|2.||First Asian Tour title||Ajeetesh Sandhu|
|3.||Japanese Grand Prix 2017 Winner||Lewis Hamilton|
|4.||India’s First Portal for Para-Sports||thenationspride.com|
|5.||Smallest Country to Qualify for FIFA World Cup 2018||Iceland|
|6.||Indian Cricketer to retire from International cricket on 1st November||Ashish Nehra|
|7.||Country suspended from International Football by FIFA||Pakistan|
|8.||Winner at Bulgarian International Tournament||Gurusaidutt|
|9.||World Archery Youth Championship 2017||Jemson Nigthoujam & Ankita Bhakat|
|10.||Country Qualified for AFC Asian Cup 2019||India|
Awards and Honours | Fetch the List of Top Awardees in Distinct Fields
|S. No.||Awards Names||Awardees Names||Pictures|
|1.||Germany’s Highest Civilian Honour||Rajesh Nath|
|2.||Country’s Best Fast-Moving Consumer Goods||Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation|
|3.||18th Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award||Shri Ram Nath Kovind|
|4.||National Award for Senior Citizen||Gurbax Singh Sandhu (Indian Boxing Coach)|
|5.||World’s Safest City 2017||Tokyo|
|6.||Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016||M K Sanu|
|7.||National Award for Literature||Namita Gokhale|
|8.||Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for 2017||Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak|
|9.||Brands Finance Nation Brands List 2017||India ranked at eighth position|
|10.||Country’s first Aadhaar enabled airport||Kepegowda International Airport|
Appointments Latest GK Updates | Upgrade Your Knowledge Cart with the List of Top Influencers
|S. No.||Position & Organization||Name||Pictures|
|1.||PNB MetLife – MD & CEO||Ashish Srivastava|
|2.||Ambassador to Principality of Monaco||V.M. Kwatra|
|3.||New President of US India Business Council||Nisha Desai Biswal|
|4.||New Chairman of Film & Television Institute of India (FTII)||Anupam Kher|
|5.||New CEO of Freecharge||Sangram Singh|
|6.||Laureus’ First Indian Ambassador||Yuvraj Singh|
|7.||Next UNESCO Chief||Audrey Azoulay|
Important Days & Dates | Mark them to Boost up your General Knowledge
|S. No.||Important Days||Dates|
|1.||International Day of the Girl Child||11 October|
|2.||International Day for Disaster Reduction||13 October|
|3.||World Standards Day||14 October|
|4.||World Students Day||15 October|
List of Important Abbreviations asked in General Awareness | IBPS, SSC, RRB Exams
Fill up your knowledge cart with the Important Abbreviations that are asked in General Awareness & Current Affairs section of the competitive exams like – IBPS, SSC & RRB. Below, we are presenting you a list of Top Abbreviations that were used in this article. Please check it out –
|S. No.||Important Abbreviations||Full Forms|
|1.||KIA||Kepegowda International Airport|
|2.||GRDA||Global Research & Development Arm|
|3.||UNESCO||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization|
|4.||FMCBG||Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors|
|5.||IIT||Indian Institutes of Technology|
|6.||TITP||Technical Intern Training Program|
|7.||IREDA||Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd|
|8.||STRIVE||Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement|
|9.||SANKALP||Skills Acquisition and knowledge awareness for livelihood promotions|
|10.||FIFA||Federation International de Football Association|
|11.||AFC||Asian Football Confederation|
|14.||CEO||Chief Executive Officer|
|15.||SBI||State Bank of India|
To fetch the complete list of Important Abbreviations that are asked in Competitive Exam, please visit the blog – Popular Abbreviations for Competitive Exams: SSC, IBPS, RRB, Govt Jobs.
Above in the Weekly Current Affairs & GK Eduwrap, we have covered up all the major happenings of the country and the world to help you in boosting up your General Knowledge and Awareness.
Hope the article will be helpful to you. Please share your generous reviews & queries with us in the comments section below.
You may also like reading –