Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Telangana has added 31 new districts in its map.
2. NASA developed electroactive bandage to heal wounds faster.
The NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) has developed a new high-tech electroactive bandage that uses electricity to significantly promote healing of injured wounds.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Russia & Turkey agreed to intensify military, intelligence contacts.
The Russian and Turkish leaders have agreed to intensify military and intelligence contacts after a meeting in Istanbul, Turkey.
2. India-Indonesia Bilateral Maritime Exercise Commence at Belawan, Indonesia.
India and Indonesia has kicked off their bilateral Maritime exercise at Belawan, Indonesia. It aims for Cooperation in the field of Maritime security.
1. Indian captain Virat Kohli was presented with the ICC Test Championship mace for leading his team to the top of the Test Team Rankings.
2. Indian shooter Jitu Rai named ‘Champion of Champions‘ by ISSF.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai has been awarded the ‘Champion of Champions’ title for pistol shooting in 2016 by the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
3. Nico Rosberg won the Japanese Grand Prix.
Nico Rosberg of Germany and Mercedes GP won the Japan Grand Prix at Suzuka Circuit.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Chandigarh International Airports limited (CHIAL) won IBC award.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Former Indian Foreign Service officer Ms. Renu Pall has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Austria.
2. Morocco: Abdelilah Bekirane appointed for another term as PM.
Abdelilah Bekirane, leader of Morocco’s Islamic Justice and Development Party, was appointed as country’s Prime Minister on 10 October 2016.
This will be his second term as Prime Minister of Morocco.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Government will invest 15,000 crore rupees to increase Panipat oil refinery capacity.
The Union Government has decided to invest 15,000 crore rupees to increase the capacity of Panipat refinery in Haryana to 25 Million Tonnes from existing 15 Million Tonnes.
1. Former boxing champion Aaron Pryor dies at 60.
Former junior welterweight boxing champion Aaron Pryor died after a long battle of heart disease.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images