Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has set up a scientific panel to frame final regulations on fortification of foods and prepare strategies to address malnutrition problem.
FSSAI has already issued the draft guidelines on fortification for five food items -salt, milk, wheat flour, rice and edible oil.
The guidelines are issued to boost production and consumption of fortified foods.
FSSAI has also launched the Food Fortification Resource Centre (FFRC) to promote large-scale fortification of food across India.
2. Delhi International Airport was the 12th busiest airport worldwide for the month of November 2016, according to a latest report published by International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
This is the first time an Indian airport has entered the big league of top 15 airports in the world.
The top 15 airports in the world comprises of major airports like Atlanta, Dubai, Los Angeles and Changi airports.
In November, Delhi airport also recorded the highest growth rate of 19.1 per cent in the world.
3. Indian Navy’s survey vessel INS Sarvekshak became the first naval ship to go green by installing a solar power system on board.
INS Sarvekshak is based at the Southern Naval Command in Kochi.
It is capable of generating 5.4KW electricity and replacing the ship’s traditional 4.4KW emergency diesel alternator.
It has light weight, extra-thin and flexible unbreakable solar panels imported from US along with no-fume solid electrolyte batteries.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Germany’s former foreign minister, has been elected as the country’s new president.
He won 931 votes out of 1239 valid votes cast by the members of Federal Assembly.
Martin Schulz, former president of European Parliament is appointed as new leader of Social Democrats.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India defeated Pakistan by nine wickets in the final of the T20 World Cup for Blind to lift their second straight title.
Prakash was adjudged Man of the Match and also won the tournament’s best wicketkeeper award.
Pakistan’s Riasat Khan was adjudged Player of the Series in the B1 category for his overall aggregate of 452 runs and four wickets.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The 59th Annual Grammy Awards 2017 took place in Los Angeles. Here is the list of winners.
Album of the year: 25 – Adele
Record of the year: Hello – Adele
Song of the year: Hello – Adele
Best new artist: Chance the Rapper
Best music video: Beyonce – Formation
Best country song: Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw
2. The 70th British Academy Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) awards were held at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Here is the list of winners.
Best film: La La Land
Best Actress: Emma Stone – La La Land
Best Director: La La Land – Damien Chazelle
Best Actor:Casey Affleck – Manchester by the Sea
Best Animated Film:Kubo And The Two Strings – Travis Knight
Best Film non-English language:Son Of Saul
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve bank of India showed that Foreign Direct investments made overseas by Indian companies declined 57.3 per cent to $1.82 billion last month.
Of the total overseas direct investment of $1.82 billion, $246.37 million came in the form of equity money; $483.78 million through loans.
While the rest of $1.09 billion was the guarantee issued by the Indian firms in their foreign units.
2. The Union Government is planning to come out with ‘Indradhanush 2.0’, a comprehensive plan for recapitalization of public sector lenders.
Indradhanush 2.0 will be finalized by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) after completion of Asset Quality Review (AQR) which is likely to be completed by end of March 2017.
It aims to clean up the balance sheets of PSBs to ensure banks remain solvent and fully comply with global capital adequacy norms, Basel-III.
3. According to global financial services Nomura, the GDP will likely to grow at 5.7 percent in January- March period.
Nomura expects economic growth to remain in a downtrend.
Following subdued growth in the first quarter, a V-shaped recovery is on the cards due to remonetization, wealth redistribution and the lagged effects of lower lending rates.
1. World Radio Day is celebrated annually on 13th February to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information.
The theme for the 2017 edition of World Radio Day is “Radio is You”.
In 2011, the Unesco General Conference had proclaimed 13th February as World Radio Day.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images