Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas Sammelan’ organized by V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust at Esakki Mahal in Tenkasi in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu.
The centre has implemented various schemes like Ujwala, Jan Dhan Yojana and Skill Development for the benefit of the weaker sections of the society.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India ranked 60th on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2017, co-authored by Cornell University, European Institute of Business Administration (INSEAD) and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
The list is topped by Singapore followed by Sweden and Netherlands at second and third place respectively.
2. Indians working across the world had sent home USD 62.7 billion in 2016 making India the top remittance-receiving country surpassing China, according to UN Report.
Top Remittance Receiving Countries: India (USD 62.7 billion), China (USD 61 billion), the Philippines (USD 30 billion) and Pakistan (USD 20 billion).
3. The United Nations General Assembly has approved the establishment of a new United Nations office of counter-terrorism to help Member States implement UN’s global counter-terrorism strategy.
With the creation of new UN office of counter terrorism, UN will transfer the relevant functions out of the UN Department of Political Affairs (DPA) into the new body.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Yuvraj Singh became the Fifth Indian cricket player to feature in 300 One Day Internationals (ODI).
After Mohammed Azharuddin, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, and Rahul Dravid Yuvaraj obtained the pride.
2. India’s Skipper Virat Kohli created a record by becoming the quickest batsman to score 8000 runs in One-Day International Cricket (ODI).
He defeated South Africa’s AB de Villiers record by seven fewer innings.
Awards & Recognition:
1. The Fifth Bhupen Hazarika National Award 2017 awarded to an eminent writer from Arunachal Pradesh Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi.
This award is presented to honour whose outstanding literary work at National and International level.
2. Bollywood superstar Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ has been lined up for a showcase at the 20th Shanghai International Film Festival.
The gala is to be held from 17th-26th June 2017.
3. Indian-American filmmaker Mira Nair won the Dorothy Arzner Directors Award for the film Queen of Katwe at this year’s Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards.
Elizabeth Banks won the Crystal Award for Excellence in Film and Tracee Ellis Ross won the Lucy Award for Excellence in Television.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved $150 million equity investment loan to the India Infrastructure Fund.
The $150 million investment would go the India Infrastructure Fund.
The Infrastructure Fund aims to invest in mid-cap infrastructure companies in India.
Science & Technology:
1. China has launched its first X-ray space telescope to study black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts.
The telescope weighing 2.5 tonne was sent to the space using China’s Long March-4B rocket.
The satellite was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center.
1. The International Day of Family Remittances (IDFR), celebrated on 16th June, is aimed at recognizing the significant financial contribution migrant workers make to the wellbeing of their families back home.
The first IDFR was celebrated on 16 June 2015 by more than 400 policy-makers, private sector representatives and civil society leaders at the opening of the Fifth Global Forum on Remittances and Development in Milan.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Former Chief Justice of India Prafullachandra Natwarlal Bhagwati who is considered as a pioneer of Judicial Activism has passed away.
He was a former chief justice of the Gujarat High Court and was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court in July 1973.
He served as the 17th Chief Justice of India from July 1985 to December 1986.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images