Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Commerce and Industry Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES).
The objective of the proposed scheme is to enhance export competitiveness by bridging gaps in export infrastructure, creating focused export infrastructure.
2. Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah has announced 100 crores for Namma Canteen (our canteen).
It will give breakfast at Rs.5, lunch and dinner at Rs.10 at one centre in each of the 192 wards in Bengaluru.
3. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved Policy for Early Monetization of Coal Bed Methane (CBM) Gas Marketing and Pricing Freedom for CBM Gas.
The policy provides marketing and pricing freedom to the CBM contractors to sell the CBM at Arm’s Length Price in the domestic market.
4. The Centre has approved financial assistance for bifurcated Andhra Pradesh by way of special dispensation in funding of externally aided projects (EAPs) and also the irrigation component of Polavaram project.
The special assistance will be provided to the state towards repayment of loan and interest for EAPs signed and disbursed during 2015-16 to 2019-20.
5. The Union Cabinet has approved 2% additional Dearness allowance for Central government employees and Dearness relief for pensioners.
It will be effective from 1st January 2017. This decision will benefit about 48.85 lakh Central government employees and 55.51 lakh pensioners.
Its combined impact on the exchequer will be over 6,833 crore rupees in 2017-18 for a period of 14 months from January, 2017 to February, 2018.
6. The Union Cabinet has approved Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public- Private Partnership) Bill, 2017 in New Delhi.
The Bill will declare the existing IIITs in PPPS as Institutions of National Importance with powers to award degrees.
The 15 IIITs are: Guwahati, Chittoor, Sonipat, Vadodara, Una, Kottayam, Ranchi, Dharwad, Nagpur & Pune, Kota, Senapati, Tamilnadu Tiruchirappalli, Lucknow, West Bengal.
7. Centre has approved setting up of fifty Kendra Vidhyalayas to provide quality education to around 50,000 students across the country.
The schools, which will be set up under the civil/defense sector for classes 1 to 5.
International – Across the Globe:
1. US Government has announced its support for India’s full membership in the four multilateral export control regimes including Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
It indicated no change in US’s policy on the issue under Trump administration.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Two Indian-American authors Siddhartha Mukherjee and Paul Kalanithi have been shortlisted for the £30,000 Wellcome Book Prize.
Siddhartha Mukherjee was shortlisted for his study of genetics and mental health in his book The Gene.
Paul Kalanithi is the first posthumous author shortlisted for his life-affirming reflection on facing mortality When Breath Becomes Air.
2. Ramakrishna Ashram was conferred with the national-level Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Rashtriya Krishi Vigyan Protsahan Puraskar for 2016.
The award was presented during the inaugural function of the Krishi Unnati Mela 2017 in New Delhi.
Books & Authors:
1. Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has launched his autobiography titled My Story at Kolkata.
In the book, he elaborates the famous Monkeygate case and also the death of his teammate Phil Hughes.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Reliance Communications Ltd. has received approval from the SEBI and NSE for merger with Aircel Ltd.
Creation of the new entity will first involve R. Com demerging its existing cellular business, which has around 100 million subscribers.
The wireless unit will then be merged with Aircel.
2. Full-service airline Jet Airways has announced a partnership with ride-hailing app Uber to book airport cabs through the Jet Airways app itself.
Guests booking their flights on the app and using Uber for the first time will also benefit from a discount of Rs.150 across their first three rides by using the promo code JETUBER.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Union Minister Babul Supriyo has been appointed vice-president of the FIFA U-17 World Cup organizing committee.
The tournament will be hosted by India between 6th to 28th October 2017.
This will be the first FIFA tournament hosted by the country.
2. The US Senate voted to confirm the appointment of Dan Coats and HR McMaster as President Donald Trump’s Director of National Intelligence and National Security Adviser respectively.
The senate voted 85 to 12 in favor of Coats’ appointment.
McMaster won by 86 votes in his favour.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. SEBI has allowed celebrities to endorse mutual fund products at the industry level purpose of increasing awareness of mutual funds as a financial product category.
2. State Bank of India is planning to convert its branch operation in Paris into a representative office.
SBI has 199 global offices which includes branches, representative offices and subsidiaries, among others.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. State Bank of India and CREDAI have signed a MoU to jointly conduct various initiatives towards development of the realty sector for 3 years.
Each of them will leverage their individual strengths and collaborate in areas to promote housing for all, which will be beneficial to the sector.
2. The Union cabinet approved revised MoU between India and Bangladesh for establishing Border Haats.
The Revised MoU and Mode of Operation will provide a legal framework for establishment and operationalization of additional border haats.
3. Chennai Port Trust and the Government of Puducherry has signed MoU for handling EXIM cargo originating from Puducherry Port hinterland.
The MoU was signed to promote industrial growth in the region, generate substantial employment and attract investment by major industries.
Around 5 Lakh to 10 Lakh tonnes of cargo is expected to be handled between these two ports.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images