Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for the first time has deployed a team of women commandos in anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand.
The 135 women commandos belonging to the 232 battalion’s Delta Company have started carrying out anti-Naxal operations.
2. The government has announced that it will present the Union Budget for 2017-18 on 1st February.
The budget session may begin in January.
3. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), launched a revamped version of its Toll-free helpline number: 1947, to help residents get quick access to information about Aadhaar.
The free of cost helpline 1947 will be available 24×7 throughout the year on IVRS mode, while Call-Centre agents will be available from 7 am to 11 pm (Monday to Saturday).
4. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has launched “Har Ghar Bijli Lagataar” programme.
This is to provide free electricity connection to about 50 lakh households above the poverty line.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Russia has been officially withdrawn from International Criminal Court (ICC) after President Vladimir Putin signed an executive order in this regard.
The executive order mentioned that Russia is pulling out of the 2002 Rome Statute, which establishes the ICC’s status and powers.
2. Pakistan conducted Raad ul Barq (Strike of Thunder) military exercise in a strategically located area in Punjab province, bordering India.
It was the comprehensive joint exercise carried out jointly by Pakistan Army and Air Force to reflect the preparedness of our armed forces to respond to any threat to its national security.
1. Debbie Hockley has been elected as president of New Zealand Cricket.
She is the first woman to hold that role in the 122-year history of the sport’s national governing body.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Harish Bhatt appointed the chairman of Tata Global Beverages.
Cyrus Mistry was removed as the Chairman of Tata Global Beverages by the Board on November 15, by voting for the post.
Science & Technology:
1. Rustom-II (TAPAS 201), India’s indigenously developed long-endurance combat-capable drone successfully completed its maiden-flight.
The test flight took place from Aeronautical Test Range (ATR), Chitradurga (Karnataka).
2. First-ever brain implant was performed by doctors from Netherlands on a 58-year-old woman paralysed by Lou Gehrig’s disease (also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-ALS).
She became the first patient to use a brain-computer interface.
The implant has enabled paralysed women to communicate in day-to-day life via a speech computer.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images