Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Airbus is setting up a greenfield training facility at Aerocity, New Delhi, to support India’s growing need for Airbus aircraft pilots and maintenance engineers.
This will also be the first training facility of Airbus in Asia.
It is expected to be operational by the end of 2018.
2. The President of India had inaugurated a 3-day International conference on Universities of the Future: Knowledge, Innovation and Responsibility at O. P. Jindal Global University (JGU) in Haryana.
The conference seeks to examine the future of the Indian universities in the twenty first century and will have thirteen thematic panels.
3. India-Russia Military Industry Conference is being held on 17-18 March 2017 in New Delhi.
They have signed 2 agreements for the Sukhoi Su-30MKI combat aircraft fleet, covering around 57,000 spares and components related to the aircraft.
4. The three days International Buddhist Conference was inaugurated by at Rajgir International Buddhist Conference, Bihar. There were two highlights of the inaugural session:
One is the release of the reprint of the Pali Tripitaka in Devanagri script by His Holiness the Dalai lama.
The second highlight was the announcement of the opening of the department of the Buddhist science for the first time in Asia.
5. A Railway research centre in Australia has entered into an agreement with the Indian Railways to support future research and technology development related to critical infrastructure in India.
They will provide guidance on the establishment of a new applied research and development institute in India known as SRESTHA.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting has started in Baden-Baden, Germany from 17th March 2017.
The 2-day meeting is an opportunity to discuss developments in the global economy with international counterparts and measures to be undertaken to face major challenges
2. Japan has launched a new satellite to track land and maritime movements in North Korea.
The satellite will also be able to conduct surveys on the weapons programme of the secretive nuclear-armed state.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) have signed an agreement to work together.
They will work together on crop improvement and agronomy programmes for grain legumes and dryland cereals.
It will benefit small farmers in India and globally.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Lenovo has announced the appointment of Subhankar Roy Chowdhury to head its human resources team in Asia Pacific.
He was previously the company’s executive director and global head for HR Strategy, M&A and HR Analytics.
Subhankar will replace Andrew Dahms.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The newly-launched ESAF Small Finance Bank will offer interest rates between 5.75 and 9 per cent for term deposits of varying maturities.
For savings deposits, the rates will vary from 6 to 7 per cent, based on the outstanding balance in the account.
Senior citizens will be entitled to an additional 0.05 per cent for term deposits.
2. The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (Unido) plans to double its spend in India this year with a sharp focus to develop sustainable cities.
This will help in linking Indian cities to international city networks.
It is targeted to five cities across the country — Bhopal, Vijayawada, Guntur, Mysore and Jaipur.
3. The government has given its approval to RBI to print currency notes of Rs.10 plastic denominations.
It has been decided to conduct a free trial at five locations across the country.
4. The Union Government has announced that total of 29 lakh debit cards were subjected to malware attack in through ATMs that were connected with the switch of Hitachi.
5. Essar’s Nand Niketan Hazira has become India’s first private sector township to go cashless, using the mobile wallet for performing digital transactions.
Till now around 8,000 prepaid cards have been issued in the Nand Niketan township to the employees, merchants and shop owners operating within its precincts.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images