Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for inclusion of 15 new castes and modification in 13 other castes in the Central list of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in respect of 8 states.
These states are – Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
2. The Supreme Court has ordered cinema halls to mandatorily play the national anthem before every screening and all those present in cinema halls have to “stand up to show respect.”
3. The NITI Aayog has constituted a 13-Member Committee on promotion of cashless society and digital economy. It will be headed by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
4. The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the negotiating position adopted by India at the recent 28th Meeting of Parties (MoP) to the Montreal Protocol in Kigali, Rwanda.
5. The Union Cabinet has approved Central Assistance of 2000 crore rupees for 36,384 displaced families from Pakistan occupied areas of Jammu & Kashmir (POJK) and Chhamb.
6. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for liberalization, simplification and rationalization of the existing visa regime in India.
The approval will stimulate economic growth and ease travel for foreigners. It will facilitate entry of foreigners for tourism, business and medical purposes.
7. The Union Cabinet on 30 November 2016 approved the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) Phase-III.
The estimated cost of project is Rs 8679 crore with completion cost of Rs 10947 crore.
1. Magnus Carlsen won the 2016 World Chess Championship on 30 November 2016 in New York City, USA.
Awards & Recognition:
1. A 1946 picture of Mahatma Gandhi with his ‘charkha’ (spinning wheel) in the foreground is among the 100 most influential images of all time, as per a compilation by Time magazine of “images that changed the world”.
2. Microsoft’s Satya Nadella and Mastercard’s Ajay Banga are among four leading India-born CEOs who have sealed a place in Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year list topped by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
Those India born CEOs are-
Nadella has been ranked fifth
Ajita Rajendra on the 34th spot
HDFC Bank’s Managing Director Aditya Puri on the 36th position
Mastercard’s Ajay Banga on 40th.
3. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has, for the first time, broken into the top 15 universities in the latest Times Higher Education (THE)’s BRICS and Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017.
4. Sachin Tendulkar’s autobiography “Playing it my Way” has won the Crossword Book of the Year Award (Autobiography category).
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The Competition Commission (CCI) in the last week of November 2016 approved the merger of Bharatiya Mahila Bank Ltd (BMBL) with the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India has signed government-to-government (G2G) deal with the United States (US) to buy 145 M-777 Ultra-Light Howitzers worth $750 million under the Foreign Military Sales program.
Science & Technology:
1. An independent panel of British scientists and experts has formally given nod to introduce so-called three-parent baby fertility treatments or mitochondrial gene therapy (MGT) procedures.
2. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 83 satellites, 80 of them being foreign, in one go in January next year.
Eighty satellites weighing 500 kg belonged to five foreign countries – Israel, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Switzerland and the US.
3. Private sector lender Yes Bank launched SIMsePAY, that allows any account holder to do money transfers, pay utility bills and other mobile banking services, without the need for smart phones or internet.
4. Private sector RBL Bank has launched ‘Aadhaar Payment Bridge System’ (APBS) for small ticket micro-finance loan disbursements.
The APBS system can now enable MFIs to disburse loan amounts directly in Aadhaar enabled bank accounts through RBL Bank.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images