Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The annual socio-religious Solung festival of Adi tribe has started in Arunachal Pradesh.
Solung is 5-day long agro-based festival is celebrated every year by the Adi tribe in the first week of September.
The Solung festival reflects the socio-religious features of the Adi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh.
2. The Union Government has notified National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) for providing apprenticeship training to over 50 lakh youngsters in order to create more jobs.
3. The first BRICS film festival has begun at the Sirifort Auditorium Complex in New Delhi.
The film festival is the run up to the BRICS summit which is to be held in Goa in October 2016.
4. The Indian Army has set up Army Design Bureau (ADB) in an attempt to indigenize procurements and reduce import dependence.
It a part of the government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative that will integrate various stakeholders in its long-term requirements.
5. The Union Government has constituted four members’ expert committee to study silt in river Ganga in Bihar.
It will be headed by member of Ganga Flood Control commission A .K. Sinha.
6. The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has imposed penalties on 10 cement companies and their umbrella association – Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA) for cartelization.
These companies are ACC, ACL, Binani, Century, India Cements, JK Cements, Lafarge, Ramco, UltraTech and Jaiprakash Associates.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for simplification and liberalisation of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy, 2016 in various sectors announced in June 2016.
The radical amendments to FDI policy are meant to liberalise and simplify the FDI policy so as to provide ease of doing business in the country.
2. India has been placed at the 35th rank in the World Bank’s 2016 Logistics Performance Index (LPI) among 160 countries.
It was released by World Bank in its report titled ‘Connecting to Complete 2016’.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Gujarat government has inked a tripartite MoU with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
Under these MoUs, 11 small airports and airstrips will be developed under the Centre’s Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) to boost regional air connectivity in the State.
Science & Technology:
1. Indian Railways has launched an insurance scheme for passengers travelling on e-ticket.
The insurance cover will be up to 10 lakh rupees.
It offers travellers or nominees a compensation of 10 lakh Rupees in the event of death or total disability, 7.5 lakh Rupees for partial disability.
2. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for the first time has successfully sequenced DNA in space aboard the International Space Station (ISS).
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images