Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The 5th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM) 2017 is being organized in North Eastern Region of from 23rd to 31st March 2017.
The festival will be inaugurated at Parade Ground, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
2. India was ranked 131 in the 2016 Human Development Index (HDI) among the 188 countries.
India scored 0.624 and was placed in medium human development category.
Top three countries are- Norway (0.949 score), Australia (0.939) and Switzerland (0.939).
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Economist Intelligence Index has released Worldwide Cost of Living Index.
Singapore has been ranked as the most expensive.
4 Indian cities- Bangalore (3rd place), Chennai (6th), Mumbai (7th) and New Delhi (10th) have been ranked among the 10 cheapest cities in the world.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Madhabi Puri Buch was appointed as a whole-time member of capital markets regulator Security and Exchange Board of India.
She is founder-director of Agora Advisory Pvt. Ltd. and currently at the New Development Bank in Shanghai, China.
2. Upendra Tripathy was appointed as the Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) on a full- time basis.
He is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Karnataka Cadre.
3. Ghanshyam Singh was appointed as new Member (Traction) Railway Board and ex officio Secretary to the Government of India.
He is an officer of Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineering (IRSEE) of 1979 batch.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Russian bank VTB has decided to close its only office in India to cut costs but will continue to work in India.
While closing its office in New Delhi, it saw commodities and investment banking as priority areas for the bank in India.
2. The Indian Government has informed the parliament that there were more than 9,100 wilful defaulters who together owed Rs. 91,155 crore to public sector banks at December-end.
As per reports, Banks declare wilful defaulters as per the norms stipulated by the Reserve Bank of India.
3. The Rs. 3-lakh limit proposed for cash payments in the Budget for 2017-18 has been revised to Rs. 2 lakh as part of an unprecedented 40 amendments to the Finance Bill.
The government also made it mandatory to provide Aadhaar card number while filing the income tax returns.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. Rajya Sabha has passed the HIV and AIDS (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014 by voice vote.
The bill includes provisions that ensure equal rights to people afflicted by HIV and AIDS in getting treatment and admission in educational institutions and job.
Science & Technology:
1. The ISRO has commissioned the world’s third-largest hypersonic wind tunnel at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
In this regard, ISRO chairman A S Kiran Kumar commissioned two facilities- a 1-m Hypersonic Wind Tunnel and a 1-m Shock Tunnel.
1. World Water Day is an annual event celebrated on 22nd March.
The day focuses attention on the importance of universal access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene facilities in developing countries.
The theme for the year 2017 is Wastewater.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images