Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The President of India, Shree Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated an International Conference on Bharat Bodh.
The conference was organized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University and Bhartiya Shikshan Mandal in New Delhi.
The conference brings together intellectuals, academicians and researchers to unravel various aspects of the Bharat Bodh.
2. The Kerala government will launch a registry of sex offenders, the first of its kind in the country.
The registry will contain all identification details of sex offenders and would be kept in public domain.
The announcements came after an actress was abducted and sexually assaulted in a moving car while returning from a shooting site in Kochi.
3. DoNER, jointly with Tezpur University and North Eastern Finance Corporation Limited (NEDFi), will encourage entrepreneurship in the North-East Region (NER).
The event will take place on 3rd March, 2017 and will be the 17th edition in the series.
To encourage the students towards entrepreneurship, a Pioneering Business Idea Challenge 2017 is being organized as a part of the event.
4. Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power, has synchronized its 15 MW solar plant at Bellampally in Telangana.
The company has won the project in the Phase 1 bidding process in Telangana.
The solar plant has been built over 80 acres of land and includes an 18-km transmission line.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has approved a deal with Israel to develop jointly a medium range surface-to-air missile (MR-SAM) system for the Army in a Rs17,000-crore deal.
The deal will be executed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI).
The systems will be manufactured in India and would have an 80% indigenous content.
Awards & Recognition:
1. International Hockey Federation (FIH) awarded the winners Hockey Stars Awards 2016. Here is the list of some of them.
Male Player of the Year 2016- John-John Dohmen (Belgium).
Female Player of the Year 2016- Naomi van As (Netherland).
Male Coach of Year 2016- Danny Kerry (Britain).
Female Coach of Year 2016- Karen Brown (Britain).
Male Umpire of the Year award 2016- Christian Blasch (Germany).
Female Umpire of the Year award 2016- Laurine Delforge (Belgium).
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. The Public Sector Oriental Bank of Commerce has signed a corporate agency agreement with Cholamandalam General Insurance Company for distribution of insurance products.
Chola MS will offer a wide range of non-life insurance products to customers of Oriental Bank of Commerce through its branches.
The insurance products include motor, health, home and travel.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. N Chandrasekaran has been elected as the Chairman of Tata Group hospitality arm Indian hotels.
He was initially appointed as a Member of the board.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. India and the ADB has signed a $500 million loan pact to expand inter-regional power connectivity in the country, and strengthen transmission system to accommodate renewable energy-generation capacity.
The project is expected to be completed by December 2020.
This will help in building 800 kilovolt (kV) and 320 kV High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) converter stations and 765 kV power transmission systems in India.
2. The merger of State Bank of India’s five associate banks with the SBI will become effective from 1st April 2017.
The combined entity will have a network of nearly 23,000 branches, further increasing the dominance of the country’s largest bank.
3. Sovereign Gold Bonds 2016-17 fourth series will be open for subscription from February 27, 2017 to March 03, 2017.
The bonds will be denominated in units of one gram of gold and multiples thereof and be available in both the demat and paper form.
Minimum investment in the bonds shall be one gram with a maximum limit of subscription of five hundred grams per person per fiscal year.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Sikkim has joined the union government’s Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) as 22nd state with overall benefit of Rs.356 crore.
Sikkim has signed MoU with the union government under the Scheme for operational improvement of the state’s Power Distribution Department.
The MoU will help in improving operational efficiency of the power distribution and reduction in AT&C and transmission losses to 15 per cent and 3.50 per cent.
1. 24th February is celebrated as Central Excise Day every year across the India.
It aims to encourage the employees of excise department to carry out the central excise duty all over the India in better way in order to prevent the corruption.
It is also celebrated to commemorate the establishment of the Central Excise and Salt Act on 24th of February in the year 1944.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. The youngest ever Nobel-winning economist and mathematician Kenneth J Arrow has died. He was 95.
He won Nobel prize in 1972 for his theories on risk, innovation and the basic mathematics of markets.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images