Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. GST council sets exemption threshold for tax at Rs.20 lakh.
2. World’s largest solar power plant commissioned at Kamudhi, Tamil Nadu.
The world’s largest solar power plant with an installed capacity of 648MW was commissioned at Kamudhi in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India-Russia Joint Military Exercise Indra-2016 Begins in Vladivostok.
Awards & Recognition:
1. 2016 Right Livelihood Award Announced.
The winners for 2016 are:
Syria Civil Defense (the white helmets)
Egyptian feminist activist Mozn Hassan and the Nazra (Feminist Studies)
Svetlana Gannushkina from Russia
Turkish newspaper Cumhuriyet
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Madhusudan Sahoo is bankruptcy board chief.
Madhusudan Sahoo was appointed as chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
2. Venkat elected ABC chairman.
The Director of Eenadu I, Venkat was unanimously elected as chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) for the year 2016-17.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Apple quietly acquires Hyderabad based AI startup Tuplejump.
2. Union Cabinet approves Winding up of Hindustan Diamond Company Private Limited
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs gave its approval for initiating the process of winding up of Hindustan Diamond Company Private Limited (HDCPL).
3. Wipro acquires Chinese FMCG brand.
4. Andhra Bank ties up with Cigna TTK, Reliance General Insurance.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India, France ink deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
India and France has signed an Inter-Governmental Agreement for the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets at a cost of 7.87 billion Euros.
Image Courtesy: Google Images