Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has flagged off the First UDAN flight under RCS on Shimla-Delhi sector.
He also flagged off the inaugural UDAN flights on Kadapa – Hyderabad and Nanded-Hyderabad sectors.
2. The West Bengal government has decided to drop the tag Pradhan Mantri from Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna and rename it as Bangla Fasal Bima Yojna.
The reason behind the decision was that the Centre’s share in such schemes had come down to 50:50 which was earlier either 90 percent or 75 percent.
As per the norm, the farmer had to pay one-third of it while the remaining two-thirds was borne by the Centre and the state government.
3. The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) plans to build a new oil terminal at Motihari in Bihar to supply fuel to Nepal through the planned pipeline up to Amlekganj in Nepal.
The old terminal at Raxaul, Bihar will be closed.
The Indian and Nepalese governments MoU for a product pipeline.
4. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the clear winner in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) elections with 184 seats.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) came second with just 46 seats in all the three Delhi municipal corporations
The Congress could have won 30 seats and others got 10 seats.
5. The Central Government has sanctioned construction of over one lakh more houses for the urban poor with an investment of Rs 4,200 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(PMAY).
The government has now approved construction of over 18.75 lakh houses for Economically Weaker Sections in 2,151 cities and towns across the country.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Belgium has become the first country to open an honorary consulate office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).
Hari Sankaran was nominated as Honorary Consul of the Kingdom of Belgium to the state of Gujarat.
2. US President Donald Trump has introduced biggest tax reform plan in the history of United States.
The income tax rates have been slashed from 39.6% to 35%
Steep discounts have been announced on corporate profits that are brought back into the US.
The new plan proposes for a 15% corporate tax rate which is a sharp drop from the existing 35%.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Sujal Kahar, a 12-year-old football enthusiast and goal-keeper from Mumbai, has been shortlisted to represent India at the global Football For Friendship (F4F) social programme.
He will join young footballers from around the world in St. Petersburg, Russia in July 2017.
2. Nita Ambani has now been made a member of two important commissions of the global sport’s governing body, including the prestigious Olympic channel and the Olympic education Commission.
She would be one of the 16 members of the Olympic Channel Commission, which would be headed by United States Olympic Committee Chairman Lawrence Francis Probst.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Srishti Kaur from India was crowned Miss Teen Universe 2017, beating 25 other contestants from around the world in the annual beauty pageant.
Samantha Pierre from Canada and Ary Trava from Mexico were the runners-up in the event held at the Ruben Dario National Theatre in Nicaragua’s capital Managua.
Kaur, a resident of Noida, also won the prize for best national costume.
2. Indian businessman Yusuf Ali has won the prestigious Queen’s Enterprise Award 2017.
He was awarded for its exceptional contribution to the UK’s trade, industry and economy.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Senior IPS officer Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar was appointed as the new Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
His appointment comes two days after the CRPF lost 25 jawans in the deadly Sukma attack.
He will be replacing acting DG Sudeep Lakhtakia.
2. R K Pachnanda was appointed as Director General of the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
He will replace Krishna Chaudhary, who is set to retire in June this year.
Pachnanda is currently serving as DG of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Markets regulator SEBI has barred resident as well as non-resident Indians (NRIs) from making investments through participatory notes (P-Notes).
This was done to curb black money in the market.
P-notes are mostly used by overseas individual investors, hedge funds and foreign institutions to invest in the Indian securities markets through registered foreign institutional investors (FIIs).
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon put into circulation new 5 coins to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Allahabad High Court.
New 10 coins have also been minted to commemorate the 125th year of National Archives of India.
On the design of new Rs 5 coin, the coin’s face will bear an image depicting centre facade of Allahabad High Court Building emerging from the book.
On the design of new Rs 10 coin, on the reverse of the coin, there will be an image of National Archives Building in the centre with inscription ‘125 YEARS’ below the image.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU on cooperation on economic projects.
The MoU proposes Indian investment in development of port and oil tank farms in Trincomalee, setting up of a LNG power plant and terminal, piped gas supply in capital Colombo, highway and railway projects in north and east of the country.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Veteran actor and sitting BJP MP Vinod Khanna passed away at the age of 70 after a difficult battle with cancer.
Khanna has featured in as many as 146 films. Some of his famous films are Mere Apne, Insaaf and Amar, Akbar, Anthony.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images