Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The one-man judicial committee on One Rank One Pension submitted its report to the Defense Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar.
2. The Union Cabinet approved establishment and operationalization of a National Academic Depository.
3. The Union Cabinet has given approval to the Indian Institute of Science Education & Research (IISER) at Berhampur in Odisha.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Nadia Murad and Lamiya Aji Bashar has won Europe’s top human rights award, the Sakharov prize.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Global System Mobile Association has appointed Sunil Bharti Mittal as a chairman for 2 years.
2. Indian Stroke Association has appointed former Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar as a ‘Stroke Ambassador of India’.
The Indian Stroke Association which is hosting the World Stroke Congress (WSC) along with World Stroke Organization (WSO) made this announcement.
3. Dr. Ajay M. Gondane appointed as High Commissioner of India to Australia.
4. Karnal Singh appointed as chief of Enforcement Directorate.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India tie up with seven banks to retail gold coin.
Seven banks include HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Andhra Bank.
1. 28th Oct, 2016 is observed as National Ayurveda Day.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images