Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Ministry of Textiles has launched PowerTex India, a three-year comprehensive scheme for Powerloom Sector Development.
The scheme aims to boost common infrastructure and modernization of the powerloom sector in the country.
It has the outlay of Rs. 487 crores for three years from 2017-18.
2. Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh has inaugurated International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) at Argul.
This program will work towards protecting livestock from foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV).
3. The 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference will be held from 3rd April to 7th April 2017 at the Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun.
It will help in developing effective strategies to counter climate change and other challenges in forests.
4. Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is all set to launch e-Governance Project to start paperless functioning.
The pilot project would focus on providing online services to applicants, conducting online study material, use of cloud technology etc.
5. Karnataka Tourism will host its first-ever Surfing festival between 27th-29th May 2017 at the Sasithithlu Beach in Mangalore.
The state’s tourism ministry is also planning to introduce a set of recreational activities which will include skydiving and motorcycle tourism.
International – Across the Globe:
1. Myanmar became the 7th member of South Asia Sub-Regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
It was officially made member at the SASEC Finance Ministers’ meeting held in New Delhi.
Sports & Athletics:
1. India’s women’s T20I team captain Harmanpreet Kaur has been named Player of the Year by Australia’s Women’s Big Bash League team Sydney Thunder.
Pat Cummins won the Michael Hussey Medal for the Best Men’s Player of the Year award for the Men’s Sydney Thunder franchise.
2. Leander Paes and Adil Shamasdin has won the Men’s Doubles trophy at the Leon Challenger Tour tennis tournaments at Leon, Mexico.
They defeated Switzerland’s Luca Margaroli and Caro Zampieri of Brazil by 6-1 6-4 in the title clash.
3. Roger Federer defeated Rafael Nadal by 6-3, 6-4 to win the Miami Open.
Johanna Konta of Great Britain beats Caroline Wozniacki by 6-4, 6-3 in the final of the Miami Open.
4. P V Sindhu has won India Open Badminton Title 2017 by 21-19, 21-16 in New Delhi.
She defeated Carolina Marin of Spain in the finals.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. An Indian Foreign Service officer, Vipul is expected to become the new Indian consul-general in Dubai.
He will succeed the current consul-general Anurag Bhushan.
Vipul is currently a joint secretary at the office of Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Following the merger of five associate banks and Bhartiya Mahila Bank with the State Bank of India, the bank has now got a new SBI Iogo.
With The merger, SBI will enter the league of Top 50 Global Banks with a balance sheet size of Rs. 41 trillion.
2. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set another record in the wind power capacity addition by adding over 5400 MW in 2016-17 against the target of 4000 MW.
The leading states in the wind power capacity addition are Andhra Pradesh 2190 MW, followed by Gujarat 1275 MW and Karnataka 882 MW.
3. Tax evasion of over Rs 5 crore under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime would be a non-bailable offence.
The new regime also empowers police to make an arrest without warrant.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Malaysia have signed seven MoU during Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak visit to India. Mou’s signed are:
|MoU’s||Objective of MoU signed|
|1.||Air Service Agreement between India and Malaysia|
|2.||Proposed development of a urea and ammonia manufacturing plant in Malaysia.|
|3.||Cooperation in the field of sports through the exchange of sportspersons, etc.|
|4.||Signed between Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDII), Ahmedabad, and Malaysian Human Resource Fund.|
|5.||Signed between Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) on mutual recognition of educational qualifications.|
|6.||Signed between the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) and Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), India, on collaboration in technology development in the field of palm oil.|
|7.||Signed between MIGHT Technology Malaysia and Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board on implementation of a fourth-generation technology park in Andhra Pradesh|
Science & Technology:
1. A team of scientists for the first time has seen indications of a massive planet orbiting a low mass X-ray binary star system.
The system MXB 1658-298 is an X-ray binary and a part of the constellation Ophiuchus (serpent bearer).
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Noted author and filmmaker Ajay Jhankar passed away in a private hospital.
He was the writer of well-known Marathi novel Sarkarnama.
He later produced the Marathi movie with the same name in 1998, which had won many awards.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images