Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
1. Former pacer Zaheer Khan has been made an honorary life member of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
He became the 24th Indian cricketer to be bestowed the honour.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Martial arts expert and actor Jackie Chan will receive a lifetime achievement, Oscar.
The announcement was made by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Chan made his movie debut at the age of 8.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Deep Kumar Upadhyay was re-appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India.
He was serving as Nepal’s ambassador to India since April 2015, was suddenly recalled by the erstwhile K.P. Sharma Oli-led government in May.
2. Punit Goenka, Managing Director, Zee Entertainment Enterprises has been elected as the President of The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. DCB Bank has launched ‘mVisa’.
It’s a mobile-based payment solution that will make payments at retail outlets much easier.
2. RBI has made it mandatory for banks to allow customers to register their mobile numbers through any ATM.
Banks have also been told not to insist that customers visit only their home branch to get their mobile numbers registered and to have this facility for customers across branches.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. LG Electronics Inc. has tied-up with Amazon.com Inc. on smart-home services.
This tie-up will help to enable the services of Amazon such as the Alexa virtual assistant on some of the electronics maker’s devices.
1. Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov had died aged 78 after suffering a stroke.
He saw himself as the protector of his Central Asian nation against the threat of militant Islam.
2. Australia’s oldest surviving Test cricketer, Len Maddocks, has passed away aged 90.
He being a batsman and wicket-keeper, played seven Tests for Australia between 1954 and 1956, and managed the Australian cricket team on its 1977 tour of England.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images