Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
1. Indian wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt may be in for a pleasant surprise.
The bronze medal that he won in the 2012 London Olympics is set to be upgraded to silver.
The unexpected upgrade has been triggered by a positive dope test of the silver winner in the 60-kg freestyle event in London – Russia’s Besik Kudukhov
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Indian multi-national conglomerate Larsen & Toubro’s group named S N Subrahmanyan as the Managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of India’s largest infrastructure engineering company from October first.
The appointment of Subrahmanyan had then come with the then chief executive and managing director KV Venkataramanan retiring.
2. Mukesh Mehta was appointed as the President of India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA).
He is also a Director on the Board of IBJA.
3. Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata Group of companies, has appointed private equity firm Bain Capital’s Managing Director Amit Chandra as non-executive director.
The appointments increases the total number of the company’s board members to nine.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Private sector lender Yes bank has launched its own digital wallet Yes Pay for Android and iOS mobile platforms.
The wallet application can be accessed through social media accounts of Facebook.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Myanmar signed four MoU to enhance cooperation and bilateral relations between the two countries.MoU on cooperation in the construction of 69 Bridges.
The agreements signed are:
- MoU on cooperation in the construction of 69 Bridges.
- MoU on cooperation in the construction / up gradation of the Kalewa – Yagyi Road Section.
- MoU on cooperation in the Field of Renewable Energy.
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
Science & Technology:
1. E-commerce portal Amazon.in has announced the launch of a dedicated online Telugu book store with a wide-range of over 10,000 Telugu titles.
Readers can get Telugu translations of English bestsellers in the store.
Currently, Amazon caters to Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati and Bengali languages
1. National Sports Day in India is celebrated on August 29 to mark hockey legend Dhyan Chand’s birthday.
Dhyan Chand, considered as the greatest player in hockey, played a key role in India’s three consecutive Olympic triumphs in 1928, 1932 and 1936.
Notably, the government gives away awards such as Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna and Dronacharya Awards on this day.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images