Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Bihar Cabinet has declared 50 per cent reservation in all judicial services for aspirants belonging to the Extremely Backward Classes, Other Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribes.
The reservation will be in both Superior Judicial Services and Subordinate Judicial Services
2. ‘World Bhojpuri Conference’ will be held in Varanasi from 29th December 2016 to 1st January 2017, in which participants from over 18 countries are likely to be present.
During the conference, a ‘Bhojpuri Ratna’ award and ‘World Bhojpuri Karmayogi’ award will be conferred on over 25 people including Mauritius Prime Minister Anerood Jugnauth, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh, Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das, BJP MP and Bhojpuri actor Manoj Tiwari, Bollywod actors Amitabh Bachchan and Shatrughan Sinha and other personalities.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India will supply an additional 80 MW of power to Nepal from 1st January, which will increase the total total transmission of electricity to the neighbouring nation to 400 MW.
In a swift response, within 20 days the Power Grid Corp installed an additional 220/132kV, 100MVA transformer at Muzaffarpur substation in India.
Awards & Recognition:
1. After Note-ban, Ajmer has topped the 5 best districts to promote cashless transactions.
PM Modi awarded scroll of honor to Ajmer Collector Gaurav Goyal.
Four other districts are Rajkot (Gujarat), Krishna (Andhra), Jamshedpur and Bokaro in Jharkhand.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Romanian President Klaus Iohannis has designated veteran leftist Sorin Grindeanu as the new Romanian head of government.
It was decided a few weeks after the prevailing uncertainty due to Left’s victory in the parliamentary elections on December 11.
2. Incumbent Chief Minister and former Congress rebel Pema Khandu and six other lawmakers were suspended from the People’s Party of Arunachal (PPA) for allegedly breaking party discipline.
PPA is likely to propose the name of another leader, Takam Pario, as Mr Khandu’s replacement.
3. Government has suspended the deemed recognition, granted by it to the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) until the IOA reverses its decision to appoint Suresh Kalmadi and Abhay Chautala as Life Presidents.
Following the suspension, IOA will cease to enjoy the privileges and prerogatives bestowed on it by the Government as the National Olympic Committee (NOC).
Economics & Banking GK:
1. RBI has extended the period of enhanced Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI) limit of Rs 20,000 as part of efforts to promote digital payments.
The limit has been extended till the completion of review of the PPI guidelines.
2. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the last date for availing the Direct Tax Dispute Resolution Scheme to January 31, 2017 from the earlier deadline of December 31, 2016.
This extension aims to give companies one more month to accept its offer to settle retro tax disputes with Government.
3. Chinese e-retail giant Alibaba, which has made investments in India’s Snapdeal and Paytm, is setting up its first office in India in Mumbai.
The office will be located at the commercial Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Singapore have signed a Third Protocol to amend DTAA (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement) for the avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
It was signed in line with India’s treaty policy to prevent double non-taxation, curb revenue loss and check the menace of black money through automatic exchange of information.
2. Haryana government has signed a memorandum of understanding with Andhra Pradesh to assist it compile a centralised database of its population to ensure efficient and effective implementation of welfare programmes.
Science & Technology:
1. The Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has delivered ICGS AYUSH, the 20th Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) to the Indian Coast Guard.
With this, CSL has completed construction of 20 FPVs for the Indian Coast Guard.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched UPI based mobile payment application called BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) at the Digi Dhan Mela held in Talkatora stadium, New Delhi.
The app is rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) for simpler digital payments without cash.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images