Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams!
National – Across India:
1. Maharashtra has become the first state in the country to have a cyber-police station in each district to take on cyber criminals.
2. Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has inaugurated the International Conference on Decarbonization of Indian Railways – Mission Electrification in New Delhi on November 3, 2016.
It was organized by Institution of Railways Electrical Engineer (IREE) in partnership with ASSOCHAM India.
3. The International Forum on Adopting an ICT Perspective to Education and Learning recently started in New Delhi.
4. The news channel that was asked by inter-ministerial committee to be taken off air for 24 hours on 10 November 2016 is – NDTV.
5. 11-day International Space Science School to be held in Sangli District in Western Maharashtra .
International – Across the Globe:
1. The Paris Agreement to combat climate change officially entered into force after 55 parties to the convention accounting for at least 55% of total GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions ratified it.
India was 62nd country to ratify it on 2nd October 2016.
2. For the first time, Mizo History in Hindi language titled, “An Introductory Brief History of Mizo Tribes” has released by the Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Veteran Bollywood actress and Rajya Sabha MP Rekha will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival.
She will be honored for her 40-year career contribution and participation in more than 180 films.
2. The Renowned South Korean director Kwon Taek Im will be awarded Lifetime Achievement Award at the 47th International Film Festival of India to be held in Goa.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Sanvi Arora has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon.
2. Parminder Singh has resigned as Managing Director of Southeast Asia, India, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region of Twitter.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Google has tied-up with Archaeological Survey of India for virtual tour of monuments.
2. Zensar to acquire UK based design agency foolproof.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitely along with the GST Council Members has finalized 4-level Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate structure with a multiple-slab rates, including the cess for the new indirect tax regime.
Thus, GST will be levied at multiple rates ranging from 0% to 28%.
2. Union Government has decided to launch a clean energy equity fund of 2 billion US dollar.
3. ICICI Bank on Thursday announced a cut in home loan rate by 0.15 per cent for new borrowers.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. TCS signs MoU with University of New South Wales to pursue technology research collaboration in the areas of common interest such as machine learning, virtual reality, robotics, data analytics and cloud computing.
2. LinkedIn signs MoU with HRD Ministry to Provide Jobs for Netizens in an Easy way.
Science & Technology:
1. After 20 years of hard work and dedication, The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has finally completed the construction of the largest-ever space telescope – James Webb Space Telescope (JWST).
The telescope is expected to be launched in 2018 after being tested.
2. The first titanium project of India has started its test production in Ganjam district of Odisha. The project has been established by Saraf Group.
3. Yes Bank launches new mobile banking app!
The app will allow customers to undertake most transactions on the app including Net Banking registration, thereby eliminating the need to visit the website or a banking branch.
1. The Padma Shri singer and Composer of Sri Lanka Pandit Amaradeva has passed away recently.
2. Former Deputy CM Pandit Mangat Ram has passed away.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images