Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. Union Road Minister Nitin Gadkari announced the first expressway project in the northeast region to be developed along the Brahmaputra river in Assam.
This 1,300 km-long express highway is likely to incur an investment of Rs 40,000 crore.
2. Kings XI Punjab players visited a government school in Indore and inaugurated toilets as part of the Swachh Bharat campaign.
South Africa’s David Miller, pacer Varun Aaron and mentor Virender Sehwag were part of the contingent that visited the school.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India and the UK have decided to set up a 500 million pound fund, with both investing 240 million pounds, to finance clean energy projects.
India and the UK will invest 120 million pounds each and the remaining 260 million pound has to come in from private investors.
2. Iceland’s parliament has presented a bill to make equal payments for men and women.
The new law aims to close a seven percent wage gap between men and women in the island nation.
Sports & Athletics:
1. The 2017 Indian Premier League is scheduled to start on 5th April 2017 and finish on 21 May 2017.
The opening match and the final will be played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad.
2. Adam King, a cricketer from New Zealand, has been banned for two years after being found guilty of using performance-enhancing drugs.
3. Brianna Lyston (Jamaican female athlete) has won the 200m race in the Caribbean nation.
She completed the race in 23.72 seconds, almost within two seconds of the senior world record set by Florence Griffith-Joyner at the 1988 Olympics.
4. India has been ranked third in a doping violation report published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for 2015.
According to the report, 117 athletes from India being punished after testing positive for banned substances.
India followed the Russian Federation (176) and Italy (129) in the chart.
5. Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza announced his retirement from T20I cricket.
He led Bangladesh in 27 of his 52 Twenty20 internationals and won nine matches.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Malala Yousafzai, the youngest Nobel Prize laureate, will address Canada’s parliament on 12th April 2017.
She will also officially receive the honorary Canadian citizenship bestowed upon her in 2014.
2. Tim Berners-Lee, the man credited with inventing the world wide web, has been honored with the 2016 Turing Award.
The award is also known as the Nobel Prize for the computing industry.
The award will be presented to Berners-Lee at the ACM’s annual banquet in San Francisco on 24th June 2017.
Books & Authors:
1. The Entrepreneur’s Guidebook authored by Suresh Bharwani was launched by Union Minister of Power, Piyush Goyal.
It is a self-help book for establishing a credible business and making the profit.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Professor David R. Syiemlieh took the oath as Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Prior to joining UPSC, he was Vice-Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar.
2. Senior IPS Officer Geeta Johari was appointed as new Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat.
With this, she became first woman IPS officer to be appointed as DGP of the state.
She will replace P.P. Pandey, who is acting DGP of the state.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Amazon.in announced the launch of Amazon Classroom to impart online selling skills to new sellers on the marketplace.
It will focus on areas such as order processing, adding products and managing returns that are required to operate a successful online business.
2. The board of the Reserve Bank of India has cleared a proposal to introduce banknotes of Rs 200 denomination.
The process of printing the new Rs 200 notes is likely to begin after June.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Tripura Government has signed two agreements with the Union Ministry of Power to enhance power supply in the distribution network.
The agreements will enable the state to get the benefits under the Central government scheme.
As per the agreements, the state has accepted the provision of UDAY and Transmission Service Agreement of Union Power Ministry to upgrade the existing transmission.
1. National Maritime Day of India is observed every year on 5th April.
On this day in 1919, S S Loyalty, the first ship of the Scindia Steam Navigation Company, journeyed to the United Kingdom.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images