Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The Union Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched an Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Enforcement Toolkit for Police.
This toolkit will be provided to all state police departments across the nation to assist them in dealing with the cases relating to Trademarks and Copyrights infringements.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The United Nations (UN) has declared 2017 as a year to recognize that tourism is important in fostering better understanding among people.
International travel leads to greater awareness of the heritage of other civilizations, and as a result an appreciation of other countries.
2. Finland has become the first country to pay its unemployed citizens an unconditional monthly sum, in a social experiment.
Under the two-year, nationwide pilot scheme, which began on 1 January, 2,000 unemployed Finns aged 25 to 58 will receive a guaranteed sum of €560).
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Online automobile marketplace Droom as tied up with Axis Bank, India’s third largest private sector bank, to provide quick sanction of loans on both new as well as used cars.
Loans will be provided for up to 85% of the value of the car with a tenure of 1-5 years.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Bharti Airtel has appointed Rajeev Sethi as the chief commercial officer (CCO) for its Africa operations.
Sethi will be responsible for formulation and implementation of customercentric commercial strategies across the 15 African countries where Airtel operates.
2. Tata Power Co. has appointed S Padmanabhan as its chairman, in place of Cyrus Mistry who resigned last month.
In December, Tata Power brought back S Padmanabhan, who was executive director of operations at the company until 2014, as an additional director on the board.
3. Jovenel Moise has been elected as the President of Haiti.
The electoral tribunal officially declared the winner on 3 January 2017.
Jude Celestin remained at the second spot in the race of Presidential election with only 19.5% votes.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Encouraging firms to enrol their workers under schemes run by retirement fund body Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), a 3-month campaign has been launched beginning 1st January.
Here employers will get amnesty and pay just Re 1 as damages for not registering their employees earlier.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The Union Cabinet has approved signing and ratifying an Agreement between India and Uruguay for cooperation and mutual assistance in Customs Matters.
The Agreement will help both countries in the availability of relevant information for the investigation and prevention of Customs offences.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of an Agreement for cooperation (AoC) between India and Portugal in the field of Agriculture and allied sectors.
Decision in this regard was taken by Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
3. The Union Cabinet has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Kenya on bilateral cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
Decision in this regard was taken at the Union Cabinet Meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists from Ireland have claimed discovery of a new human organ named the mesentery that exists in the digestive system. It will be human body’s 79th organ. Mesentery connects the intestine to the abdomen.
The organ was previously thought to consist of fragmented and disparate structures.
2. Internet giant Google launched two new initiatives My Business and Digital Unlocked to train and help small and medium businesses (SMBs) in India capitalise on the digitisation wave faster.
These initiatives were launched by Google CEO Sundar Pichai in New Delhi in presence of Union IT and law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi.
1. The World Braille Day is observed very year across the world on 4th January to mark the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, inventor of Braille script or Braille code.
Observance of the day helps people to spread the importance of Braille language and also help people to produce works in this language to allow visually impaired people to read the works
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images