Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. CM N. Chandrababu Naidu launched Sexed Semen for Cows Supply Scheme (SSCSS) and inaugurated mobile veterinary clinic under Sanchara Pasu Vaidya Seva Kendram (SPVSK).
The main aim was to provide veterinary service at the doorstep of farmers in uncovered areas.
2. Union Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar commissioned two Ganga Grams at an event organized in Uttarakhand at village Veerpur Khurd.
Two villages on the bank of River Ganga, Veerpur Khurd in Dehradun and Mala in Pauri Garhwal have been taken by the Ministry to make them model Ganga villages, in collaboration with GIWA (Global Interfaith WASH Alliance).
3. The single women pension scheme, providing Rs 1,000 financial assistance per month to poor women, was launched across Telangana.
Single women whose annual income is below Rs. 2 lakhs are eligible for the pension.
4. The Indian Army is expected to soon open up combat positions for women, stated by Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat.
At present, women are employed in select areas such as medical, legal, educational, signals and engineering wings of the Army but are not offered combat roles due to operational concerns and logistical issues.
International – Across the Globe:
1. India has been ranked 45th in 2017 World Competitiveness Rankings compiled by IMD which is topped by Hong Kong.
The list is compiled by the International Institute for Management Development’s (IMD) World Competitiveness Center.
Switzerland and Singapore were ranked second and third respectively, with the USA at the fourth spot.
2. The 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) titled ‘The Age of Focus‘has placed India at the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business in the retail sector.
This is the 16th edition of the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI).
China was placed at the second place.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth lifted his maiden Grand Prix gold title by defeating Indonesian Jonatan Christie in the men’s singles final of the Thailand Open.
This is Praneeth’s second consecutive title win, following the Singapore Open victory.
2. Top seed Ramkumar Ramanathan outplayed second seed Raymond Sarmiento of the U.S. 6-2, 6-2 in the final of the USD 15,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament in Singapore.
It was the first title of the season and 15th of his career for Ramkumar.
3. Real Madrid clinched UEFA title, beating Juventus 4-1 in a scintillating final in Cardiff, Wales.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a pair of goals for Real – his 11th and 12th of the competition.
This is the second consecutive UEFA title for Real Madrid.
4. Indian wild card Nitin Kumar Sinha defeated Malaysian player Christian Didier Chin to win the boys singles title of HCL Asian Junior Tennis Championship.
In girls’ singles final, second seed Mihika Yadav defeated top seed Mahak Jain in straight sets 6-3, 6-3.
5. Sudha Singh won a gold medal in the women’s 3000 m steeplechase at 21 St Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championship.
She finished over a 100 m ahead of Parul Chaudhary.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar will be conferred with the Bharat Gaurav Award by the NRI community at an award function will be held on 9th June in New York.
He already has the National Awards for Best Feature Film and Best Director for Page 3 and Traffic Signal respectively.
2. The Ministry of Rural Development has selected Vizianagaram as one among the 17 districts for MGNREGA annual award.
The award will be given to Vizianagaram for its effective implementation of MNREGA Act during the time period 2015-16.
Books & Authors:
1. The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee received the first copies of book Lalan Shah Fakir Ke Geet and DVD of selected songs of Lalan Shah Fakir at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The book was written by Prof. Muchkund Dubey.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL) announced a tie-up with Google Maps to provide details and information about the service.
The tie-up will provide people authentic timetable and associated geographic details on all the Metro stations on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar route.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Mr. Param Jit Mann has been appointed as the India’s next Ambassador to Slovenia.
He is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of the 1987 batch and presently Ambassador of India to the Slovak Republic.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) has projected a growth rate of 7.2% for India in the financial year 2017 as against 6.8% growth in 2016.
The bank in its report expects India’s growth rate to remain at 7.5% in 2018 and 7.7% in 2019.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Bank of Baroda (BoB) has entered into a MoU with Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC).
Under this MoU, BoB will provide collateral free loans to Farmers Producer Companies (FPC) for which credit guarantee cover up to 85 percent of the loan amount maximum up to Rs 1 crore will be made available by SFAC.
Science & Technology:
1. India’s heaviest rocket GSLV-Mk III is all set for its maiden flight into space along with a communications satellite on 5th June 2017 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
It will carry a 3,136-kg GSAT-19 communications satellite to an altitude of around 179 km above the Earth after just over 16 minutes into the flight.
2. NASA is all set to launch the world’s first ever mission devoted for studying neutron stars.
During the mission, NASA will also carry out the world’s first demonstration of X-ray navigation in space.
3. NASA will launch the Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket into the space that will release blue-green and red artificial clouds.
The rocket will eject vapour canisters between 10 to 20 km from the rocket’s main payload.
4. India has successfully test-fired its first all-weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher at Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
The QR-SAM was jointly developed by the DRDO and Bharat Electronics Limited.
5. Space X launched its first recycled cargo ship to the International Space Station.
An unnamed Falcon rocket lifted off from Florida’s Kennedy Space Center with a Dragon capsule that made a station delivery nearly three years ago.
1. World Environment Day (WED) occurs on 5th June every year, is the United Nation’s principal vehicle for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
he theme for 2017 is Connecting People to Nature – in the city and on the land, from the poles to the equator’.
The host country for the year 2017 is Canada.
2. International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on 4th June across the globe for the innocent children life save.
This day affirms the United Nation’s commitment to preserving the rights of children.
The six most common violations are recruitment and use of children in war, killing, sexual violence, abduction, attacks on schools and hospitals, and denial of humanitarian access.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images