Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The 16th meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) was held in New Delhi.
It was chaired by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
It was attended by heads of all financial sector regulators as its members.
2. The Union Sports Ministry has constituted committee to frame comprehensive National Sports Development Code across sports disciplines.
It will be headed by Injeti Srinivas, Sports Secretary.
The committee will study the existing sports governance frame-work, issues relating to sports governance in the country, recent developments related to sports governance.
3. The two-day Assam Biotech Conclave has begun on 5 January in Guwahati.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the conclave in presence of Science and Technology Minister Keshab Mahanta.
The conclave is being organized by Guwahati Biotech Park in association with industry body FINER.
International – Across the Globe:
1. A Festival of India is being organized in Cambodia from 10th January to 16th February 2017.
The activities of the Festival include Ramayana Performance, Rajasthani Folk Music & Dance Group (Dance Group plus Manganiyar Group), Classical Dance.
2. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has declared the year 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development.
The declaration recalls the potential of tourism sector to advance the universal 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. Japan has decided to be associated with the development of Chennai, Ahmedabad, and Varanasi as smart cities.
This was conveyed by Japan’s Ambassador to India Kenji Hiramatsu during his meeting with Minister of Urban Development M.Venkaiah Naidu.
1. A dominant India defeated Bangladesh 3-1 to win their fourth consecutive SAFF Women’s Football Championship title at the Kanchenjunga Stadium, Siliguri.
The Indian eves are now unbeaten in 19 matches having won 18 and drawn one.
2. Former Australia cricketer Arthur Morris was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Hall of Fame by ex-skipper Steve Waugh.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Shahrukh Khan will receive the fourth National Yash Chopra Memorial Award.
The award was announced by jury, comprising Chopra’s wife Pamela, filmmaker Boney Kapoor, Simi Garewal, Padmini Kohlapuri, Subbarami Reddy, Any and Shashi Ranjan.
2. A book on the former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was released in New Delhi by the Vice President, Shri M. Hamid Ansari.
The book titled, ‘The People’s President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam’ has been written by S.M. Khan who served as the Press Secretary to President Kalam.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The country’s largest lender State Bank of India will take the lead among state-run lenders to launch branch-less banking called SBI Digi Bank.
The Digi Bank will have a financial superstore, a market place, and end-to-end digitisation for all products and services.
2. City based private sector bank Karnataka Bank has launched a month-long campaign under KBL Suraksha.
This will be open to January 31.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. India and Kazakhstan have signed a Protocol to amend the existing Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC) between the two countries in New Delhi.
The DTAC between both countries was earlier signed in December 1996 for the avoidance of double taxation and for the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
1. Veteran actor Om Puri passed away following massive cardiac arrest in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 66.
His acting credits include appearances in commercial Indian, British, and Hollywood, independent films, and art films.
He had been awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of India.
2. Noted Manipur-based historian, litterateur, and scholar Gangmumei Kamei passed away in Imphal following protracted illness. He was 77.
Kamei was currently a member of the North-Eastern Council (NEC).
Earlier, he had served as a minister in Manipur on two occasions.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images