Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The tallest national flag in the country measuring 360 feet was hoisted at the Attari-Wagah joint checkpost in Punjab.
Earlier, the record was held by the one in Ranchi which is 293 feet high.
2. A three – day National Conference on Innovation in Educational Administration has begun on 5th March 2017at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
This Conference has been organised by National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), New Delhi.
About 150 district and block level education officers from across India and resource persons and faculty of the university are participating in the Conference.
3. INS Viraat, Indian Navy’s flagship aircraft carrier, famously known as the ‘Grand Old Lady’, will retire from service on 6th March 2017.
The aircraft carrier which holds the Guinness Record for the oldest carrier in service was inducted into the Indian Navy on May 12, 1987.
4. The Union Government has launched the first ever across-the-river survey in River Ganga.
The survey was done to determine the population of aquatic life, including that of the endangered Gangetic doplhin.
The survey will create a baseline scientific data for the government to take suitable measures to improve quality of the Ganga’s water.
5. The Union Government has approved strategic sale of state-owned Steel Authority of India Limited’s (SAIL) three special steel plants.
These are Alloy Steels Plant located at Durgapur (West Bengal), Salem Steel Plant (Tamil Nadu) and Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Plant (Bhadravati, Karnataka).
6. The Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) 2017 report, claims that nearly 45 per cent of the 1263 species available in India are found in Himachal Pradesh.
7. Chandigarh will be hosting a three-day long Destination North East 2017 event from 6th March 2017 to 8th march 201.
The event is aimed at showcasing North East as a potential destination for investment.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Britain’s Andy Murray beats Spaniard Fernando Verdasco in straight sets to win the Dubai Championships for the first time.
It is Murray’s first tournament win of 2017 and the 45th of his career.
2. American Sam Querrey claimed the biggest title of his career after defeating Rafael Nadal in straight sets in the final of the Mexican Open.
He won 6-3 7-6 (7-3) against the Rafael Nadal, who was chasing his 70th career title.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Eminent Malayalam author and journalist M P Veerendra Kumar was presented the 30th Moortidevi award by Bharatiya Jnanpith organisation.
Kumar was chosen for the prestigious award for his Malayalam travelogue Hymavathabhoovil.
The book highlights environmental concerns over “fragile mountain ecosystem” and calls for action over lack of water resources and waste disposal systems.
Books & Authors:
1. The book titled Rekha: The Untold Story authored by Yasser Usman was published.
The book that was published in August 2016 by Juggernaut suddenly came into news after few reports claimed that Rekha was secretly married to Sanjay Dutt.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. Former Indian Captain Bhaichung Bhutia is no longer advisor to both the AIFF and President Praful Patel.
Bhutia was roped in as advisor two years back and has since then been instrumental in bringing India coach Stephen Constantine back and also extending his contract till February 2018.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The GST Council meeting approved the final draft of Central GST (CGST) and Inter-State GST (IGST) laws.
The approval of CGST and IGST laws is considered as significant step towards meeting the 1st July, 2017 deadline for rolling out of the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Google India and Telangana government have signed a MoU aimed at supporting the digitization efforts of the state.
Google India will provide Google Cloud credits and access to all cloud platform products to eligible startups engaged with Telangana government’s T-Hub initiative.
Science & Technology:
1. The Hubble Space Telescope (HST) has captured an image of an incredibly massive galaxy dubbed as UGC 12591 that is 400 million light years away from the Earth.
It is situated in the westernmost region of the Pisces-Perseus Supercluster, one of the largest known structures in the cosmos.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Thomas E Starzl, a surgeon who performed the first successful liver transplant on a human patient, passed away in Pittsburgh. He was 90.
He had been affiliated with the university since 1981.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images