Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. The sex ratio in Haryana for the first time in the history has touched the 950 mark in March 2017 as announced by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
The state has improved its skewed sex ratio after the launch of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Haryana.
2. Madhya Pradesh government-run Maharshi Patanjali Sanskrit Sansthan will launch one-year diploma course on Hindu priesthood ‘Purohityam’ from July 2017.
This course will be open for all irrespective of religion, caste, or gender.
The basic qualification needed for enrolling this course is class X.
3. The second National Children’s Film Festival took off on a colourful note in Visakhapatnam.
M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the festival at VUDA Children’s Arena.
Opening film “Shanu – The Optimist” directed by KNT Sastry and produced by CFSI in 2016, was screened after the inaugural session.
4. Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017 in New Delhi.
The slogan of the first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit is, ‘Unite for a Healthy Mind’.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Indian boxer K. Shyam Kumar has won a gold medal at the Thailand International Tournament in the 49- kilogram category held in Bangkok.
It was Kumar’s second gold medal at the event after he had the first gold medal in the 2015 edition.
2. US based National Basketball Association (NBA) has launched its first basketball school in India in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra.
The school was opened as part of a multi-year agreement with India On Track (IOT).
3. The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has granted affiliation to the Boxing Federation of India (BFI).
The BFI now becomes the fully recognized body for Indian boxing.
Awards & Recognition:
1. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has selected Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai as Messenger of Peace.
With this, she becomes UN’s youngest-ever Messenger of Peace, the highest honour bestowed by the UN on a global citizen.
Books & Authors:
1. Former Union minister and senior Congress Leader M. Veerappa Moily presented the first copy of his book ‘The Flaming Tresses of Draupadi’ to President Pranab Mukherjee.
The book Chronicles the epic character of Mahabharata, Draupadi.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Canara Bank, a public-sector bank, has embarked upon an ambitious project of upgrading the bandwidth at all its branches to 2 Mbps in partnership with BSNL.
The project was officially inaugurated by Dina Bandhu Mohapatra, Executive Director, Canara Bank in presence of other top executives of the Bank and BSNL.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. US President Donald Trump has nominated prominent Indian-American law expert Neomi Rao as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) (regulatory czar).
She will oversee the US President’s plan to eliminate 75% of federal regulations.
2. US President Donald Trump has nominated Indian-American Vishal Amin as Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator in the Executive Office of the President (IP czar).
He will coordinate US law-enforcement strategy around copyright, patents, and trademarks.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has clarified that the ban on cash transaction in excess of Rs. 2 lakhs will not be applicable to withdrawals from banks and post office savings accounts.
Central Government has banned cash transactions of over 2 lakhs through the Finance Act 2017.
Cash transactions of over 2 lakhs will a penalty of an equal amount would be levied on the receiver.
2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to slash clearance time for National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) in an attempt to enhance the efficiency of the electronic payment system and add to customer convenience.
In line with the document on Vision-2018 for Payment and Settlement Systems, the NEFT settlement cycle will be reduced from hourly batches to half hourly batches, the RBI said in the first bi-monthly monetary policy for 2017-18.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. The United States and China have agreed to pursue a ‘100-day plan’ aimed at reducing the US trade deficit with China.
The decision was taken by US President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in their first summit held in Florida, US.
They also agreed to adopt the US-China Comprehensive Dialogue to cover 4 fields that include law enforcement, cyber security, and economy.
2. The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $175 million loan agreement to support the construction of high voltage transmission systems.
The aim is to evacuate power generated from new mega solar parks to the interstate grid and improve the reliability of the national grid system.
Science & Technology:
1. Scientists from Boston University School of Medicine, US have discovered a protein that could help make vaccinations more effective and provide protection from diseases such as cancer.
They had purified a protein found on the exterior of bacteria – neisseria meningitis and used it as an accessory to provide a better vaccination response.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
Image Courtesy: Google Images