Get daily current affairs update, latest general knowledge and boost your IQ and prepare confidently for general awareness for Bank PO exams.
National – Across the India:
1. India will host the implementation and assessment group meeting of the global initiative to combat nuclear terrorism in New Delhi.
Around 150 delegates will be participating in the three-day event.
Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar will inaugurate the meet organized by Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy.
The meeting highlights India’s commitment to global nuclear non-proliferation and peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
2. Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the northeast to implement e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members.
Using this system, the cabinet members can access the cabinet notes before the meeting.
The entire business of the Cabinet can be conducted using the e-Cabinet solution.
3. Niti Aayog has decided to rank the States/UTs on the basis of digital transactions.
Niti Aayog had constituted a Committee of Chief Ministers on digital payments which submitted its interim report to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
International – Across the Globe:
1. The 17th Session of BIMSTEC Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) has concluded in Kathmandu, with an understanding to host the summit meeting by the end of 2017.
The SOM meeting represented by senior foreign ministry officials from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
Nepal will host the fourth BIMSTEC Summit.
2. Israel’s Parliament has passed a law retroactively legalizing about 4,000 homes built in Area C of the occupied West Bank.
The law was passed by 60 votes to 52.
The new law states that the original Palestinian landowners will be compensated with money or alternative land.
Sports & Athletics:
1. Saurabh Verma and Rituparna Das won the Men’s Single and Women’s Single titles in 81st Senior National Badminton Championship tournament.
Rituparna defeated Reshma Kartik by 21-12 21-14 in final match.
Saurabh Verma defeated Lakshya Sen by 21-13 21-12 in final match.
2. Delhi batsman Mohit Ahlawat has become the first batsman to score a triple hundred in a T20 match at any level.
Ahlawat, who has represented Delhi in Ranji Trophy, scored an unbeaten 300 off 72 balls in a local T20 tournament at Delhi’s Lalita Park.
He smashed 39 sixes and 14 fours in his knock.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
1. Federal Bank has partnered with leading online data and information portal Commodity Online.
The partnership was done for the distribution of loans against warehouse receipts and collateral management services across the country.
Commodity Online will roll out an agri commodity financing platform through its flagship portal www.commodityonline.com
Appointments & Resignations:
1. The Senate confirmed education secretary Betsy DeVos as the nation’s 11th Education secretary.
US Vice-President Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to secure her cabinet role, splitting the chamber 50-50.
It was the first time ever that a vice-president has interceded in such a way for a cabinet secretary.
2. Jovenel Moise was sworn as Haiti’s new president in a brief ceremony in Parliament.
Moise took the oath of office in a Parliament chamber surrounded by Haitian lawmakers and foreign dignitaries.
He won with nearly 56 percent of the votes cast in the November 20 election.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. The Reserve Bank of India will remove limits on cash withdrawals from saving bank accounts in two phases since it expects cash supply to improve by next month.
In the first phase, the withdrawal limit will be raised to Rs 50,000 from Rs 24,000 a week.
The limits on cash withdrawals from savings bank account will be withdrawn completely from March 13.
At present, there is no limit on current account and there is a cap of Rs 50,000 for farmers a week and Rs.2.5 lakh for marriage.
2. RBI Governor Urjit Patel today cut the economic growth forecast to 6.9 per cent for the current fiscal from 7.1 per cent.
The Reserve Bank kept key interest rates unchanged.
Growth is expected to recover sharply in 2017-18 on account of several factors.
Bills – New & Amendments:
1. The Lok Sabha has passed the Payment of Wages (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
The Bill was passed to enable employers to pay wages to workers through cheque or directly crediting to their accounts.
The bill will replace the Ordinance promulgated by the President in December 2016 to amend the Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
Science & Technology:
1. Helium has been confirmed to form a stable compound (Na2He) with sodium under high pressure.
The research show that the presence of He atoms causes strong electron localization and makes this material insulating.
It also predicts the existence of Na2HeO with a similar structure at pressures above 15 GPa.
Recent Notable Deaths:
1. Colonel Nizamuddin, a close confidant of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, passed away at his residence in Dhakwa area of Mubarakpur, Azamgarh.
He was 116. He served as Bose’s driver.
Nizamuddin had been with Netaji between 1943 and 1945.
He reportedly last saw the leader on 20th August, 1947 in Burma. He could never meet Netaji thereafter.
GK Eduwrap will help you keeping aware about all the major happenings of the country and the world and update your current affairs/general knowledge.
This will help you in preparing for all the competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, RRB, etc.
Image Courtesy: Google Images