Forbes recognizes 50 powerful businesswomen in Asia who are driving change across diverse industries in its fourth annual Asia’s Power Businesswomen list. The full list is available here as well as in the latest issue of Forbes Asia, available on newsstands now.
The list includes following Women from India:
- Arundhati Bhattacharya, CMD, State Bank of India
- Chanda Kochchar, CEO, ICICI Bank
- Akhila Srinivasan, MD/Non-Executive Director, Shriram Life Insurance/Shriram Capital
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Founder, Chairman and MD, Biocon
- Shikha Sharma, CEO and MD, Axis Bank
- Usha Sangwan, MD, Life Insurance Corp. of India
There are a total of 27 newcomers to this year’s list, some of them are:
- Noni Purnomo, President Director of Indonesia’s Blue Bird Group Holding
- Lee Boo-jin, President and CEO of South Korea’s Hotel Shilla
- Sonia Cheng, CEO of Hong Kong’s Rosewood Hotel Group and Executive Director of New World Development
- Wandee Khunchornyakong, Chairman and CEO of Thailand’s SPCG
- Katie Page, CEO of Australia’s Harvey Norman
- Lucy Peng, co-founder of Alibaba and the energy behind its fast growing Ant financial-services unit
- Maggie Wu, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Alibaba and the driver of its blockbuster IPO
- Garamjav Tseden, Founder and Chairman of mining company Monpolymet
- Win Win Tint
The first time entrants to the list include Maggie Wu and Lucy Peng, Alibaba’s top female decision-makers. For the first time, two women Garamjav Tseden and Win Win Tint are included from developing nations Mongolia and Myanmar.
In addition to the powerful 50 list, 12 women in their late twenties to early forties have been singled out as “Women to Watch”. Among these women are Jean Liu of Didi Dache, a taxi-hailing app in China that has just merged with its biggest rival to form the largest company of its kind and Petrea Vela, the Co-Managing Director of New Zealand Bloodstock. Isha Ambani of Reliance Jio Infocomm and Reliance Retail Ventures, and Ruth Yeoh of YTL Singapore and YTL-SV Carbon also made the watch list.