1. Four Indians are among 32 young leaders named by a prestigious global non-profit organization as its 2015 class of young leaders, focused on shaping a brighter future for the Asia-Pacific region and confronting the most vexing challenges facing the region.
2. The Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Simhastha Kumbh Mela began on 14 July 2015. The year-long festival will end 11 August 2016.
The festival, known as largest peaceful gathering in the world, began with the traditional ceremony of hoisting of flags and thousands of people taking a holy dip in Kushawart and Ramkund in Godavari River in Nashik and Trimbakeshwar.
3. The 12-day Godavari Maha Pushkaram began on 14 July 2015 on the banks of River Godavari in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. It will be held till 25 July 2015.
1. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) suspended Mumbai Ranji cricketer Hiken Shah with immediate effect. BCCI suspended him after he was found guilty of breaching BCCI’s Anti-Corruption Code for participants.
1. The Union Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to facilitate strategic partnership on skill development and entrepreneurship.
2. India and Tajikistan have inked 2 pacts to strengthen bilateral relations. It was his last leg of strategic tour to 5 Central Asian countries (Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan) and Russia.
3. India and Georgia have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the field of election management and administration.
1. Lieutenant General Man Mohan Singh Rai was appointed as the Vice-Chief of the Indian Army. Rai will succeed Lt Gen Philip Campose, who will superannuate the office.
Science & Technology:
1. The Income Tax (IT) Department launched One Time Password (OTP) based e-filing verification system for taxpayers.
This OTP will help in ending the practice of sending paper acknowledgement, called ITR-V, through post to the I-T Central Processing Centre (CPC) based in Bengaluru.
2. Indigenously developed Nag anti-tank guided missile was successfully tested from a helicopter platform.
3. China has set up the world’s largest cancer registry system in a bid to fight the cancer diseases with more-targeted and evidence-based intervention programs.
1. Former Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI) President Pashupatinath Roy died at a private hospital in Kolkata. He was 76.