Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Minister of State (MoS) for Railways Manoj Sinha released a book titled Objective Railway Engineering-Track, Works & Others in New Delhi. It was authored by a well-known Civil Engineer MM Agarwal.
It was originally written in 2007. The book has since then been revised two times to include the latest technical developments in the track taking place on Railway around the world with special reference to Indian Railways.
The book is designed for all professionals of Railway, whether in the field or in the office. It covers almost all aspects of Civil Engineering which are track, bridges, works & allied subjects like S & T, rolling stock, estimations & finance matters etc.
1. The 15th edition of bilateral exercise by the Indian Coast Guard and its Japanese counterpart titled ‘Sahayog-Kaijin 2016’ has begun off the coast of Chennai, Tamil Nadu in the Bay of Bengal.
2. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared West Africa free from Ebola outbreak.
1. The former Barcelona and AC Milan player Ronaldinho was announced as the Brand Ambassador of the Nagjee International Club Football Tournament.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. India’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI) has launched dedicated specialized branch for start-ups called ‘SBI InCube’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The ‘SBI InCube’ branch will cater to the specific financial needs by providing advisory services to the budding entrepreneurs under one roof.
It will assist start-ups in cash management, regulations, taxation, mentoring, foreign exchange and remittances and other financial services.
InCube in its current form will not fund start-ups i.e. it will not provide loans. However it will give them loans when they turn more mature.
It will also not help start-ups to raise funds from equity market as it not part of bank’s mandate.
InCube branch in Bengaluru will be headed by an assistant general manager and a team of three other officers.
Soon SBI will be launching these branches in Pune and National Capital Region (NCR).
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
1. Madhya Pradesh (MP) Government signed four MOUs with Singapore to collaborate in urban planning, skill development, clean energy and food processing.
Science & Technology:
1. The indigenously-built third generation anti-tank missile Nag was successfully test fired at Mahajan Field Firing Range in Rajasthan.
2. Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has announced that India’s grid-connected solar power generation capacity has crossed the 5,000 Mega Watt (MW) mark.
Top grid-connected states
Rajasthan (1,264.35 MW)
Gujarat (1,024.15 MW)
Madhya Pradesh (678.58 MW)
Maharashtra (378.7 MW)
Andhra Pradesh (357.34 MW)
Telangana (342.39 MW)
Punjab (200.32 MW)
Uttar Pradesh (140 MW).
Major states lagging behind
West Bengal (7.21 MW)
Uttarakhand (5 MW)
Haryana (12.8 MW).
1. Indian Army Day is being observed every year on 15 January in India. This year it will be the 68th Indian Army Day.
1. British actor Alan Rickman passed away in London, England. He was 69 and was suffering from cancer.
2. Mohammed Abdul Rahim Qureshi, Assistant General Secretary and Spokesman of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), died of a cardiac arrest in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was 81.
3. Bollywood actor Rajesh Vivek Upadhyay died due to a heart attack in Hyderabad. He was 66.