Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. Sikkim has formally become India’s first fully organic state after it successfully implemented organic farming practices on around 75,000 hectares of agricultural land.
2. In a global first, the World Bank decided to extend an assistance of 20 million US dollar to help reconstruct the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP), which got devastated during cyclone Hudhud in October 2014, in Visakhapatnam.
It is the very first time in the history of the World Bank that it is directly involved in a zoo.
1. French President Francois Hollande has declared a state of economic emergency to redefine France’s economic and social model.
Under the ambit emergency, government has proposed series of economic measures to boost long-stagnant economic growth and reduce chronic unemployment.
Appointments & Resignations:
1. India’s largest automaker (by revenue) Tata Motors Ltd’s has appointed Guenter Butschek as chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) of the company.
Economics & Banking GK:
1. Oxfam released a report titled An Economy for the 1%.
The report analyzed growing trends of concentration of wealth across the world and suggested remedies to correct the anomaly.
Science & Technology:
1. Clean energy firm ReNew Power Ventures announced the commissioning of 40 megawatt wind power project in Karnataka.
With this, the total wind capacity commissioned by ReNew Power has reached 693 megawatts and in Karnataka, it raised to 68.4 megawatts from earlier 28.4 megawatts.
1. Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey passed away in New York City from complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia. He was 67.
2. Former Maharashtra health minister and Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Dr. Daulatrao Aher died due to prolonged illness in Nashik. He was 74.