Grab your daily scoop of Current Affairs, from National to International, Sports, Business and Economics. Learn wisely and Gain better with Eduncle’s GK Eduwrap!
1. The Union Government has launched inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) injection as part of the global polio endgame strategy in New Delhi.
1. For the first time in history of make dominated country, Saudi Arabia, women were allowed to vote and become candidates in local elections.
2. India and France launched the International Solar Alliance in Paris.
Highlights of the alliance
It aims to bring 121 tropical countries together to tap solar energy.
The Alliance will enable solar-rich developing countries to make the best use of an abundant, free natural resource.
It seeks to share collective ambitions to reduce the cost of finance and technology that is needed to deploy solar power widely.
It would adapt the generation and storage technologies to the individual countries’ needs.
Among the tasks that the Alliance would pursue are, cooperation in training, building institutions, regulatory issues, common standards, and investment including joint ventures.
3. World leaders launched Mission Innovation for accelerating clean energy revolution across the world.
The mission was launched by 20 participating countries, including India, at the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2015 (COP21) in Paris-Le Bourget, France.
1. Former Indian Test Captain and ace spinner Anil Kumble has resigned as the Chief Mentor of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Mumbai Indians with an immediate effect.
2. Polish professional footballer Robert Lewandowski’s nine-minute, five-goal haul for German Football Club Bayern Munich against Wolfsburg was officially recognized by Guinness World Record.
Awards & Recognition:
1. Hinduja Brothers were honored with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the annual Asian Business Leadership Forum (ABLF) Series in Dubai.
2. President Pranab Mukharjee presented Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE awards 2015 to a total of 40 school students of 27 districts from 18 states.
1. Indian banker Som Subroto was appointed as the Executive Vice President and Head of Retail Banking in the Mashreq’s Banking Group.
1. Indian Railways has signed 40,000 crore rupees contracts with General Electrics (GE) and Alstom to set up two locomotive plants in Bihar.
Bills – New & Amendment:
1. President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to Maharashtra Factories (Amendment) Bill, 2015 of Maharashtra government to allow women to work in factories in night shifts.
Key Facts of Bill
The amendment of 67-year old Act also makes mandatory for factory managements to ensure security of women working in night shifts.
Prior to amendment, the section 66(1) (c) of parent Act did not allowed women employees to work in the factories in night shift between from 7 PM and 6 AM.
Apart from this, the amendment bill also enables workers to be eligible for paid leave after working for 90 days in a year instead of the current 240 days or more.
Besides this, the amendment also does not make mandatory for workers to take the management’s permission for working overtime.
In this regard, the amendment bill has increased the working limit to 115 hours from the current 75 in 3 months.
1. Every Years, 1st December is observed as World Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Day to raise awareness of the pandemic caused by the spread of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
1. Russian legendary film Director and screenwriter Eldar Ryazanov passed away in Moscow, Russia. He was 88.